The Next Generation: History Repeating by Mugglewriter_14
Summary: James Potter and Leah Jones are average Hogwarts seventh years. This year however, is going to be very different from the rest...
Categories: Next Generation Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1026 Read: 1310 Published: 01/14/12 Updated: 01/15/12
Story Notes:
Disclaimer, everything belongs to JKR.

1. An Intro Into the Mind of James Sirius Potter by Mugglewriter_14

An Intro Into the Mind of James Sirius Potter by Mugglewriter_14
Author's Notes:
Again it all belongs to JKR.
James Sirius Potter was not an average seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Along with all that came with being in the oldest class at Hogwarts, he was also the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain and this year’s Head Boy, which both were very large responsibilities.

His new status as Head Boy definitely had come as a shock to him, not his parents though. Even his parents expected him to be just like granddad Potter and Sirius. It was hard enough having his friends and Professors and everyone else expecting it, but his parents added a whole other level of pressure.

To most other Hogwarts seventh years, this would have been the best thing that had ever happened to him. However, he was named for his father's father and godfather, and it sometimes made people expect too much of him. It had driven him to have some of the best marks, but the extra attention often made him feel overwhelmed.

Especially this year, of all things that could happen, James became Head Boy. Of course, it was an honor that he was happy to have received, and it made him feel better that Professor McGonagall (who was very old and was most likely to retire this year) had confidence in him. This confidence in him gave him the assurance that he was trusted, and not considered a problem student.

Which for most people, it seemed to be the only thing that set him and his grandfather apart. These people of course, where very different in their thinking from James, who was able to see the many large disparities between himself and the original James Potter. However, this extra responsibility was sure to draw-in extra unwanted attention to the fact that others really did believe he was living his grandfather's life, as if his life came from a fairy tale.

That is where his friends came in: Demetrius Magoffin (his best mate), Elliot Magoffin (Demetrius’ twin brother, they were identical except for their haircuts), Nathan Pruitt (the smartest, most studious of the group), and Jasper Furmage (the mastermind behind all of the famous pranks that they had done). The thing about his friends is they had a way of making his time at Hogwarts extremely enjoyable, even when people would make comparisons between him and his grandfather, and his father's godfather.

Of course, this form of fun was highly against the rules at Hogwarts. Sneaking in and out of the castle on a regular basis was a form of felony at the school so high that is could get them expelled. For this matter, they might have been caught years ago if it had not been for their greatest asset for rule breaking, the Cloak of Invisibility.

The Cloak had been a present from his father before he started his first year of Hogwarts. When his father had handed him the small brown paper package tied with string he thought that it was a blanket from home or something along those lines. Although when he sat down for the first time in his new room and pulled the red curtains together on his new bed he opened the package.

Pulling the string and carefully opening the brown paper so as not to wake any of his new room-mates. When he opened it to find a silvery piece of cloth a letter fell out of the package, which said,

Dear James,

I am so proud of you being accepted to Hogwarts. This came of great use to me during my time at Hogwarts. I hope that you will find a use for it there at school. By the way, this is a Potter heirloom and has been passed down from Potter to Potter, father to son, for generations.

Use it well.
Dad

After studying the note carefully, as he had done with the rest of the package, he pulled out the cloth, and stood up on his bed to examine it. While standing on his bed holding the piece of cloth to get a better look at it, he realized that it was not a piece of cloth. Instead, it turned out that his hunch was wrong, he was quite wrong, as it was a silvery cloak, which he had used very well since his first year.

Although, there were perks to being the son of the great Harry Potter there were the difficulties of trying to live up to the family name. Still through all of the difficulty of being the son of Harry Potter, and named for his grandfather and his grandfather’s best friend, he had managed to make a friend of one of the most beautiful girls at Hogwarts. Leah Jones.

She was the most interesting girl he had ever met. He loved the way she talked about things she was passionate about, the way her eyes sparkled too. He liked how her long blond hair was in a messy ponytail all of the time. Even though he thought all of these things about her, and more, it was not until last year that he had fully started to realize his feelings for her.

Up until then, he had thought that he just enjoyed her company much more than the company of others. He was right, of course; he just had no idea in which way he liked her. The fact that James had fallen hard for her however did not matter much in the end, because she had a boyfriend, and he was the smartest boy in their year. He of course was a Ravenclaw, and Oliver Dustry was not a person to be crossed.

This year however was different. He had finally sorted his feelings and now he had some status over Dustry, which had to count for something. This year was his year to shine, this year he would try at convincing Leah to rethink her longtime dead end relationship with Oliver, and possibly get her to start thinking that he could and might be the right person for her. James Potter was determined that this year he would not give up on Leah Jones, no matter the consequences.
End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=90864