James Sirius Potter and the Mysteries to be Solved by GinnyPotter95
Summary: Join James and his friends as they venture throught their first year and solve some mysteries.
Categories: Next Generation Characters: None
Warnings: Mild Profanity
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1622 Read: 1228 Published: 09/13/12 Updated: 09/18/12

1. Chapter 1: Letters and Shopping by GinnyPotter95

Chapter 1: Letters and Shopping by GinnyPotter95
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my super amazing beta's, Julie and Sophie!
DISCLAIMER: None of this is mine
Ginny glanced out the window at her oldest son. James was, for some reason, sitting quietly by a tree. Ginny was quite alarmed by this, and by the look of it, so was Lily. James was not a quiet boy. He was the type of child who liked being loud.

Ginny, however, knew exactly the reason why. James, being eleven, was going to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the autumn. However, it was July 29th and James hadn’t received his letter yet.

Her James couldn’t be a Squib. He had already shown a lot of accidental magic over the years. His first incident, when he was three, was the worst. James had managed to get hold of a wand and stun himself. Worst of all, he had hit his head when he fell and got very badly hurt. Ginny remembered being so worried. She had paced around the room frantically. Harry, too, had been worried, but not only for James’s sake. He was worried for the baby too, as Ginny was 6 months pregnant with Lily when it happened. Ginny also remembered James’s other accidental magic messes. There was that time when he lost his temper and there was the levitation time...

Ginny’s thinking was, however, interrupted when she felt her husband slip his arms around her shoulders. Harry followed her gaze, and then said, –What’s wrong love?”

–I’m worried about my baby, Harry. He hasn’t got his letter yet.”

–It doesn’t matter if he’s a Squib,” Harry said. –He’s still ours.”

–I know,” Ginny replied. –It’s just that I don’t know what will happen if it doesn’t come. How will the family react? I know Al and Lily would be good about this, but what about everyone else? And what will he do for the rest of his life? Where will he go to school? How will the rest of the family treat him?

Harry thought for a while, before answering her.
–Your family would be good about this. We’ll make sure he gets a good Muggle education. I’m sure everyone will be understanding about it. Besides, maybe it was the owl. Maybe it got lost, or hurt.

–Maybe,” Ginny sighed.

Ginny and Harry’s musings were, however, interrupted when an owl landed on the windowsill. James, having seen the owl, had run in to get the letter.
–It’s my Hogwarts letter, Mum!” he cried. –It came!” James ran outside. –Al! Lily! It came! I got my Hogwarts letter!”

–Really?” Lily cried.

–Did he, Mum?”said Al.

Ginny looked up at her husband and smiled. –Is it possible for my mood to change this fast?”

–I think so, Ginny,” Harry replied, also smiling. –So, James is going to Hogwarts now. Wonder if the trick staircase will get him.”

–Don’t think so. James will figure it out. What house do you think he’ll be in?”Ginny said.

–Gryffindor. No other house would suit him. What about Al, when he goes to Hogwarts?” Harry said.

–Al, I think he’d be a Hufflepuff. It suits his personality. I’m so glad James is going to experience Hogwarts,” Ginny said, smiling happily.

At that moment, her three children ran in the room.

–Mum! Is James going to Hogwarts?” Lily cried.

–Is he, Mum?” asked Al.

–Am I?” James questioned.

–Yes, he is,” Ginny replied. –We’re going to Diagon Alley tomorrow.”

–Yay! I’m going to Hogwarts!” cried James happily.
***
The next morning, the five Potters were gathered around the fireplace.

–Are we going to visit Uncle George’s shop?”asked Lily.

–Flourish and Blotts?” asked Al.

–Quality Quidditch Supplies?” questioned James.

–Quiet!” Ginny bellowed. –We’ll figure it out when we get there.”

–James, you first.”

James nodded and stepped in the fireplace. –Diagon Alley!”

–Al, you next.”

Al did the same thing.

–Now you, Lily.”

Her daughter whooshed away in the fireplace.

Ginny looked at Harry.

He said, –Go before me, Ginny.”

Ginny stepped in the fireplace. –Diagon Alley!”She closed her eyes and felt herself whooshing away.

When she came to a stop, she opened her eyes and stepped out of the fireplace. Her three children were standing there, waiting for her.

–Mummy,” Lily said, –where’s Daddy?”

–He’s coming.”

At that moment, Harry stepped out of the fireplace. His glasses were covered with soot.

–Let’s go!”

They walked out of the shop. Ginny pulled out James’s shopping list.

–How about Lily and I go and get the books, while you take James to get robes? Al, you go with them.”

–That sounds like a good idea. Let’s meet up afterward, outside Madam Malkin’s.”

Ginny took hold of her daughter’s hand and together they walked to Flourish and Blotts. –You get half the list, I get the other half. Ok?”

–Yes, Mummy.”

Ginny went to look for the books, while watching Lily out of the corner of her eye. When she had found all of the books, she walked over to Lily. –Found them all?”

–Almost.”

In five minutes, the two of them had found and bought all the books. Ginny looked around. Harry, James, and Al were talking to Neville and Hannah and their children, Frank, Alice, and Florence/Flora/Flossie.

–Mummy, look!” Lily cried. –Frank and Alice and Flossie!”

–Let’s go talk to them, Lils.”

–Yay!”

Ginny took Lily’s hand and together they walked over to the others. James was chattering away to the twins, Frank and Alice, his two best friends. When Floss spotted Lily, she ran over and the two started chatting. Ginny smiled at the two girls. They were like sisters. She continued to walk toward Harry, Neville, and Hannah.

–Hi Harry, hi Nev, hi Hannah.”

–Hi Ginny,” Neville and Hannah said together.

–James got his letter yesterday, Neville,” Ginny informed him.

–Right. Sorry about that. The owl got hurt on its way. We had to resend the letter,” Neville said.

–It’s okay. It’s not your fault. So, school shopping?” She glanced at Frank and Alice. They were holding shopping bags.

–Yes, we are,” said Hannah.

–What house do you think they are going to be in?”

–Frank, Hufflepuff, Alice, Gryffindor. What about James? ”replied Neville.

–Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart!” Ginny said.

–I think we should get on with shopping. James, Al, Lily! We have to continue shopping!” Harry said.

–Mum, can we shop together? Please?” asked James.

Ginny looked at Harry, then at Neville and Hannah. –What do you think?”

–How about we meet up and go for ice cream and to George’s shop when we’re done?”said Neville.

–That sounds like a good idea. When and where?

–One o’clock, outside George’s shop.”

The Longbottom family walked away.

–Did you get the robes, Harry?” asked Ginny.

–Yes, we did. Where should we go next?

–The apothecary.”

So the Potter family went to the apothecary and bought all of James’s stuff.

As they walked down Diagon Alley afterwards, James looked through the window of the Magical Menagerie . –Can I have an owl, Mum?

Ginny looked at her husband. He nodded.

–Yes, James, you can. But you must take care of it,” Ginny said

–I will, Mum, I promise!”

They walked into the Magical Menagerie. James and Al walked over to the owls, while Lily looked at cats. They browsed for a while, until James settled on a handsome tawny owl.

–I think I’ll name it Jupiter,” he said.

–Are you sure you want this one?”

–Yes, Mum.”

So Harry went up to the counter and bought the owl. –You have to take care of it, James,” he said.

James nodded.

Ginny looked at Harry. –What’s the time?”

–One o’clock. We should meet Neville now.”

The five Potters walked out to go and meet the Longbottoms. They were already waiting outside the Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.

–Hello, Potters!” said Neville brightly. –Shall we go in?”

The kids were all enthusiastic about the idea. Ginny however, sighed. –Alright.”

The two families walked in. George grinned at them when he saw them enter. –Hello Neville, Hannah, Harry and little sis! Doing some school shopping?”

–I wouldn’t count this as school shopping.”

The kids were already off into the store. Neville, Hannah and Harry were talking, so she decided to watch Lily. Lily was looking at Pygmy Puffs.

–Mummy, those are cute! Can I get a Pygmy Puff, please?”

–Ask Daddy,” Ginny said, but instantly regretted it. Harry would let Lily have anything. She walked over to them.

–How much are the Pygmy Puffs, George?

–For my niece? Free, of course!” answered George

That was all right with Ginny. After all, it was just a Pygmy Puff.

James appeared with a basket full of stuff. –How much is this?”

–Free.”

–George!”

He had already disappeared. Later, when they had managed to get out of the shop, it was time to leave.

–Bye, Nev, Hannah, Frank and Alice, Flossie,” said Harry.

–Bye, Potters.” Hannah said.
***
Back at home, the rest of the evening passed without anything major happening. When Ginny went to see if her children were okay, she peeked in James’s bedroom door and saw James and Harry talking.

–James, are you worried about Hogwarts?” Harry asked softly.

–A little bit,” said James, biting his lip uncertainly.

–Don’t worry. It’ll be fun. Life at Hogwarts always is,” Harry said.

James smiled. –Really?”

–Yes, of course. I think you should go to bed now, though.”

–Yes, Dad. Goodnight, Dad.”

–Goodnight, James.” Harry leaned over and ruffled James’s hair.

Ginny smiled at her husband and son.
End Notes:
Please Review! I need feedback!
All reviews will recieve a reply!
Thanks again to Julie and Sophie!
~Nidhi
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=92121