Shades of Grey by Nagini Riddle
Summary: Helena's life takes a new turn after her death as she descends deeper into despair and greyness.

Written for the Birthday challenge in the PA.
Categories: Poetry Characters: None
Warnings: Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 180 Read: 914 Published: 10/16/12 Updated: 10/16/12

1. Shades of Grey by Nagini Riddle

Shades of Grey by Nagini Riddle
Shades of Grey

Wrapped in blinding mists, dense white fog ensnaring the senses, a flicker of a clammy heart, paralyzed by her guilt- she rigidly stands, blurry surroundings slowly focusing, and in the distance, registers a familiar face. Casts her eyes down in awful shame, fearing to speak, her memories so painful, flooding her stubborn mind- and watches a shadow edge closer. Her mother, silently crying, anxious to witness blessed forgiveness in that precious soul.

Come. A simple statement full of motherly love- yet she cannot, her old life chaining her, dragging her down.

An adventure awaits, those hands so trusting, held out. But the terror eclipses her, pulsing deeply in ghostly veins, turns on her heel, and brusquely fades away, off to where men still sound the war cry and the world does naught but weep. Now simply an echo, transparent and ever so hushed, unable to risk life's pleasures, for she is no longer tangible, and agony preys upon her harrowed soul, as she surely wastes away, for death has tactlessly changed her to various shades of grey.
End Notes:
My first attempt at prose poetry...

I'm feeling a little off color, so any reviews are sure to boost me up!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=92229