Now or Never by theMarauders
Summary: Harry's in his sixth year at Hogwarts and he's having a hard time dealing with everything on his own. He needs someone to share his feelings with...someone other than his best friends. But does the person he like like him too?

Over 10,000 reads so far! Thank you everyone!

***CHAPTER 10 is up...last chapter!


Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 15039 Read: 34185 Published: 01/09/05 Updated: 03/10/05

1. Back At School by theMarauders

2. All I Want Is You by theMarauders

3. Temptations by theMarauders

4. Old News by theMarauders

5. The Secret's Out by theMarauders

6. When You Need A Friend by theMarauders

7. Becoming Closer by theMarauders

8. It's All Coming Back to Me Now by theMarauders

9. The End of Darkness by theMarauders

10. Now or Never by theMarauders

Back At School by theMarauders
Harry was sitting at a small round table in the corner of the Gryffindor common room with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, his two best friends. Harry was cheerful to be back at school after a long and tiring summer. Although he had only been at the Dursley’s for two weeks, it had given him more than enough time to think about the death of Sirius. It wasn’t a topic that Harry liked to discuss with his friends, but when he was alone it was almost all he thought about. He had also been thinking a special girl who also seemed to weasel her way into Harry’s thoughts all the time. Harry stared across the room at her. She was sitting by the fireplace absorbed in a book. Her long red hair jumped out at him. He smiled. A loud drumming noise shoved him back into reality. He turned around to see Hermione drumming her fingers on the table and looking intently at Harry.

“What?” he asked her, although he knew what was coming.

“You were doing it again, Harry.” Hermione replied with a wide smirk on her face. She couldn’t help but laugh at Harry, she noticed what he was up to only too often.

“Hermione, I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“Harry, you really couldn’t make it any more obvious.” The smirk was still sitting on her face, as noticeable as ever.

“Hermione, seriously, what are you talking about?” Harry knew very well that Hermione was referring to Harry’s crush on his best friend’s sister, Ginny. Ginny was a year younger than Harry, Ron, and Hermione and had had a crush on Harry a few years ago. Harry had not really noticed her until last year, although he somehow knew she had always been there.

Hermione gave up easily because she knew that Harry was trying very hard to keep his secret away from Ron and would not admit to anything in front of him. Harry knew Ron only too well to know that Ron would probably make fun of him for years if he knew that Harry liked Ginny.

Ron was looking at them both with an extremely puzzled look on his face. “Hermione, you’re always telling Harry he’s doing something”may I ask what he is doing?”

“Ron, he is doing nothing that involves you. Now be quiet and finish doing you’re homework.”

“Yes, mum.” Harry let out a snort; he tried to hold back his laughter because he didn’t want to get Hermione angry. She had a temper like Mrs. Weasley. Hermione on the other hand glared at Ron.

“I’ve had about enough from you lately, Ronald.” And with that she marched over to Ginny with all her belongings and sat down next to her. Harry glanced back down at his Potion's essay.

“I can’t focus right now. I’m gonna head off to the dormitory.” Harry’s mind had wandered to Ginny once again. She was so beautiful, but why would she ever like Harry again. He was just an arrogant famous boy. The boy who lived.

******************************************
Ginny looked up from her book as she saw Harry get up and head towards his dormitories. She watched him closely until he was out of site. Ginny had liked Harry for as long as she could remember. She always saw him and talked to him often because he was best friends with Ron. But, she had never gotten the courage to tell Harry how much she liked him.

Hermione was now smirking at her. It was as if she could she right into Ginny’s mind.

“Ginny, may I ask you something?” Hermione said.

“Sure, anything.” At least Hermione would take her mind off Harry. She didn’t notice the smirk on Hermione’s face.

“Why don’t you tell Harry you like him?”

“What are you talking about?” Hermione smiled at Ginny, for Harry’s response had been almost identical.

“Ginny, honestly. I know you like Harry. You should really tell him.” The smirk faded off her face and she looked serious now.

Ginny knew she had to give in. She just didn’t know that Ron was listening from across the room. “I know I should, but he doesn’t like me. I don’t want to be rejected by Harry Potter. It’s better off me not knowing his response.” She looked sheepishly down at the floor.

“Ginny Weasley, you are being just plain silly. I am positive I can guess Harry’s reaction and I’m pretty sure you’d be happy with the outcome.”

“And what would his reaction be?”

“Now, why would I want to ruin all the fun. You’ll just have to find out for yourself.”

Ginny stared at the wall. Did Harry like her? She didn’t know that, but she knew one thing”she was going to have to tell Harry how she felt. It was now or never. She got up smiled at Hermione and headed off to bed.

******************************************
Ron walked over to Hermione and sat down next to her on the couch. “What was that all about?”

“Oh Ron, you are so utterly stupid sometimes.”

“What are you talking about?” It was the third time Hermione had heard this phrase tonight and by now she was sick of hearing it.

“Everyone is so clueless around here and I’m sick of being the only one that knows everything.” At this, Ron laughed, Hermione definitely was a know-it-all. “In case you haven’t notice Ginny likes Harry and Harry likes Ginny. But the two them both think that the other one doesn’t like them.”

“What?” Apparently this was news to Ron.

“I quit.” Hermione had done her best to explain the situation to Ron. She left him sitting there looking dumbfounded while she headed up to bed as well.

Ron sat there and processed the information. Harry likes Ginny and Ginny likes Harry…but neither of them knew they liked each other? He smiled and raced off to see if Harry was still awake.

****************************************
Harry was laying in bed thinking about everything. Voldemort, the prophecy, his parents, Sirius, and Ginny kept crossing his mind. He needed Ginny; he needed someone special to confide in, not just Ron and Hermione. Suddenly, he heard someone run into the room and a very loud whisper filled the air. “HARRY ARE YOU AWAKE?”

“Well if I was sleeping, I’m definitely awake now.” Harry let out a fake yawn.

“Well..umm..you see…Hermione…she just…ummm…”

“Ron, you better spit out what you’re trying to say or I’m going back to bed.” He was in no mood to be playing games.

“Ginny likes you.” Ron turned beet red as he said, although he had nothing to be embarrassed about.

“Good for her.” Harry didn’t want Ron to think that he liked her. Inside, though, his mind was doing flips. Did she really like him? No, he thought, that’s not possible.

“I thought you liked her!”

“Where did you get that idea from?”

“Hermione.”

“Speaking of Hermione, when are you going to ask her out?”

“DON’T CHANGE THE SUBJECT ON ME HARRY. AND I KNOW THAT YOU LIKE GINNY. ALL THE CLUES FIT. NOW IF YOU WILL STOP BEING A GIT AND JUST TELL HER HOW YOU FEEL…THEN MAYBE I'LL CONSIDER HERMIONE.” By now, Harry was surprised the whole dormitory wasn’t awake. Harry continued to stare up at his ceiling. He didn’t know what to do.

“I need to take a walk.” And with that, he got up and left.

***************************************
Ginny could not sleep at all. All she could think about was Harry. He had been through so much. How did he do it all? Didn’t he need someone like her? She had too much to think about and couldn’t get a grip on it all. She decided that she needed a walk was well.

***************************************
Harry walked down the steps from the dormitory and sat down on a chair by the fire in the common room. Just as he was closing his eyes he heard footsteps behind him and he quickly turned around to see Ginny staring at him.

She stopped dead in her tracks. They both seemed to be thinking the same thing for at the time they spoke.

“Hi, Ginny.”

“Hi, Harry.”

“Couldn’t sleep?” Harry asked. He tried to make small talk.

“No…too much on my mind.”

“You have too much on your mind?!” For some reason Harry sounded angry as he began to yell and then he continued…only to make the situation worse. “Nothing compares to what I’ve had to think about! It’s my fault Sirius is dead! I want my parents more than ever! Oh and to top it all off…I have to kill Voldemort!” Harry stared. He had just screamed at Ginny. Ginny Weasley of all people.

Ginny stared at him. Tears filled up her eyes. She knew Harry was having a tough time, but she never expected him to scream at her. She turned around and began to run back to bed, but Harry grabbed her arm and she turned around to look at him. His face was inches way from hers.


A/N Slow start but will get better--i promise! please review!
All I Want Is You by theMarauders
Ginny looked into Harry’s green eyes. Oh those green eyes. The hand on Ginny’s arm began to shake, and before Ginny realized it, Harry’s whole body was shaking. He let go of Ginny and collapsed onto a couch and tears started flowing from his face. Ginny didn’t know what to do, she was still crying herself.

Ginny took several deep breaths and wiped the tears from her eyes. Then she sat down next to Harry and wrapped her arms around him. Harry placed his head on her shoulder and continued to cry.

“Oh Harry…Harry please its really okay…” Ginny managed to say.

“No, Gin. No its not. I’m so sorry. I never meant to scream. It’s just been so hard for me…and I-I-I…” Harry trailed off.

“You what Harry? It’s okay, talk to me.” As upsetting as this whole event was, Ginny was enjoying it because it allowed her to spend time with Harry. Maybe, just maybe she would be able to express her feelings for him.

“Why is my life so miserable? So complicated?” Harry was at it again, he could feel the anger building up inside him. “I HATE THIS. I WANT SIRIUS AND I WANT MY PARENTS. RON AND HERMIONE ARE NO HELP RIGHT NOW BECAUSE EVERYTIME I WANT TO TALK TO THEM THEY LEAVE ME ALONE. THEY THINK I NEED SPACE. I DON’T NEED SPACE. I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO.”

“Oh Harry. You can talk to me…you really can. But first you need to calm down.” Ginny really didn’t know what to do”after all she wasn’t Hermione who could solve almost anyone’s problems.

“Ginny…I’m sorry…but I need to be alone right now. I’ll come talk to you later maybe.” The truth was Harry really wanted to tell Ginny how he felt right then. He had such an urge and he realized that if she stayed there and continued comforting him, he would probably end up kissing her. He thought this would be a mistake.

Ginny smiled at Harry, muttered “Okay,” and then walked off back to her dormitory. As she walked up the stairs she couldn’t believe how close she had been to Harry’s face…and those green eyes. She kept picturing him in her mind until she dozed off to sleep.

***********************************
Ron was sleeping when he was awoken by someone rummaging frantically through their things. He pulled back the hangings around his bed to find himself staring at Harry. Harry was tossing socks, books, and gadgets in every direction.

“Harry what the bloody hell are you doing? Go back to sleep why don’t ya?”

There was no response. Finally, Harry found what he was looking for. He was holding a mirror in his hand. Ron noticed dried tears on his face and his eyes all blotchy.

“Harry…are you okay?”

Once again there was no response. Ron watched as Harry walked out of the room again. He debated for a second whether to follow him, but then Ron realized that Harry had made it quite clear he didn’t want to talk to anyone.

*************************************************

Harry stared into the mirror. “Sirius…come on…I need you…please Sirius…” Harry began to cry again. He had tried using the mirrors often but they never worked. He dropped his head into his arms and the mirror went crashing to the floor. Harry didn’t even bother to look at it, but then all of a sudden he heard something.

“Harry…Harry? Harry?”

“Oh. My. God. Sirius?” He picked up the mirror”which to Harry’s surprise had not shattered.

“Harry! Oh I’ve been wondering when I would get to talk to you. How’s life going?”

“Oh, Sirius.” Tears of joy dribbled down Harry’s face. “I miss you so much. Everything is just terrible without you. I need you. More importantly”how are you?”

“It’s very strange in here. Since I’m not technically dead and everyone around me is. I’ve been looking for James and Lily but I can’t find them anywhere. There are millions of people in here Harry…all their souls just floating around…its quite creepy…but you can help me.”

“I can help you? HOW?”

“All you need to do is kill the person who put me in here. That would have been Ms. Lestrange. Kill her Harry and I am free to go.”

Harry pondered on this for a moment. He could get Sirius back? “Wow. Okay…I’ll talk to Dumbledore tomorrow. When can I use this to talk to you again?” Harry had never felt so happy in his life.

“Whenever. Just call my name and I’ll be there. Goodnight Harry.”

“Goodnight Sirius.” Harry placed the mirror down. He was going to get Sirius back. He was going to have everything but the one other thing he wanted most”Ginny.


A/N Short Chapter sorry...please review! Thanks for reading. The only way I will know to continue writing the story is for you to review...so please do so!
Temptations by theMarauders
Harry woke up the next morning in the common room. He had never made it up to his own bed last night. He saw the mirror sitting on the table in front of him and memories of the night before flooded his mind--Ginny and Sirius. He quickly hurried back up the stairs to the dormitory and changed his clothes. When he turned around, he noticed Ron staring at him.

“Hey man, are you okay?” Ron asked while yawning.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Harry had the urge to tell Ron about Sirius but he wanted to tell Ginny first. He wanted to tell Ginny first? When had he ever wanted to tell Ginny anything before he told Ron?

“You didn’t look so good last night. Have any luck with that mirror?”

“Ummm…no…” Harry lied. Ron turned his head slightly and gave him a strange look. Normally when anyone discussed Sirius or the mirror Harry would go running off or he would become frozen to the spot and wouldn’t respond to anyone or anything.

“Harry? Are you sure you’re okay? You didn’t go running off or freeze…that’s unlike you.” Ron knew that something was up and he was trying desperately to get Harry to tell him.

“Ron, if there was something wrong I would tell you. I really would. I have to go find Ginny, I’ll see you at breakfast.” Harry scurried out of the room before Ron could ask him anymore questions.

Find Ginny? Ron thought. Find Ginny? What did he need to find Ginny for? Ron continued to space out until he heard a distant voice shouting his name.

“Ronald, please come down here.”

Ron sprinted down the steps and came face to face with Hermione. “What the bloody hell is up now?”

“Harry’s…acting normal! What is up with him?” Hermione looked at him quizzically.

“Jeesh, you’re acting as if it’s a bad thing, Hermione.”

“He came bounding down the stairs all happy. He asked me if I’d seen Ginny and I told him she went to the library…then I asked him what was wrong and he was like nothing and I noticed him holding the mirror. I asked him if he’d talked to Sirius…he said no. He actually answered my question. RON ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?”

Ron was looking out the window. “What? Oh yeah I asked him the same thing. This is all really weird. And since when does he want Ginny?”

At this comment a smile washed across her face. “Ron, you do remember that Harry likes Ginny? And Ginny likes Harry?”

“Well, I tried to talk to Harry about it but he said that he didn’t like her.”

“RON! Of course he’s not going to admit to it! You shouldn’t be talking! I’ve had enough and I’m going to bed.” Hermione threw her hands up in rage and stormed out of the common room.

“I guess I’m the only civilized one left in the world.” Ron mumbled as he slumped over and began walking to the Great Hall for breakfast.

************************************

“GINNY!” Harry screamed as he ran down the hallway. He could spot her long, red hair from a mile away.

“Oh, hello Harry,” Ginny’s insides were turning. Why did he want her?

“Ginny you won’t believe what happened last night...” Harry then went on to tell her all about the mirror and Sirius. By the time he was done, Ginny had her hand over her mouth and her eyes were wide.

“Oh my god, Harry, that’s wonderful.” Before she knew what she was doing she gave him a great, big hug. He wrapped his arms around her. Suddenly she pulled away. “Oh, umm…I’m sorry,” Although she really wasn’t sorry. It had felt so right his arms just then.

Harry stared at Ginny’s beautiful face. He had just hugged her. Ginny Weasley had hugged him and actually meant it. “Ginny there’s nothing to be sorry about.” He blushed a deep red. He almost looked like Ron’s ears.

Ginny smiled back. “I was going to go to the library just now, but I’m kinda hungry. Do you wanna go get some breakfast?”

“Sure. But, I have to make it quick, I have to go see Dumbledore afterwards to tell him about the mirror.” Then they both hurried off to the hall together. All Harry wanted to do was grab her hand, but he resisted his temptations.

************************************
Ron and Hermione were sitting eating breakfast in the Great Hall when Harry and Ginny walked in. Harry looked so happy that Ron still couldn’t believe it.

“Why are so happy mate?”

“Am I allowed to be happy? Do you want me to go back to being as upset as I was before last night?”

“AHA! What happened last night Harry?”

“Nothing happened.” He looked over and smiled at Ginny. She winked back. Harry grabbed a piece of toast without even sitting down and stuffed it into his mouth. “I’ve got to go see Dumbledore…I’ll see you guys in Charms.”

Ron continued to stare at Harry with his mouth open.

“Oh for heaven’s sake Ron close your mouth.” Hermione muttered.

Ginny had managed to grab a seat farther down the table so that she would not be able to be questioned by Ron and Hermione. Boy was she wrong.

“GINNY! Here. Right now.” Hermione yelled loudly so that half of the Gryffindor table turned to face her. Ginny didn’t want to go, but she had to. She was in no mood to be screamed at twice within 24 hours.

“What?”

“What’s with Harry?” Ron and Hermione blurted out at the same. They both looked at each other and then blushed. Ginny snickered.

“When he’s ready to tell you, he will.” Ginny loved knowing things they didn’t. At least they got a dose of what she had had to go through the past 6 years.

“Why did he tell you anyways?” Ron muttered to her. It was Ginny’s turn to blush.

“Because-because-because…he got mad at me last night. He yelled. It was all his anger that had built up over the summer and he just let it all out…on me. And he told me some things…and he just felt like this morning he wanted to share some information with me.” She beamed proudly. Harry Potter had told her the information about Sirius. Not Ron or Hermione. She had never felt so proud in her life. It was with this that Ginny left the table and exited the Great Hall. She decided to go sit in the common room and work on her homework. She was also hoping to get to talk to Harry before he went to class.

**********************************
Harry was leaving Dumbledore’s office, but he was as not at all as happy as when he had entered. Dumbledore had told him that killing Bellatrix could take months, even years. And by then Dumbledore had said Sirius could be dead. Although he didn’t need food to survive behind the veil, the only thing keeping him alive was hope. Dumbledore had also taken the mirror from Harry and contacted Sirius right in front of him. He had told Sirius that it would take a long time until they killed Bellatrix and Sirius said that he didn’t like it in there. He had told Dumbledore he didn’t know how much longer he could last. And finally, he told Harry he loved him. Sirius was as good as dead. Harry began to cry again as he walked back up the common room. The only person that could help him right now was Ginny, and there was no way he was going to charms. ‘Ginny’s probably in class by now,’ he thought.

*********************************
Ginny gathered her books to head off to her first class of the day, Care of Magical Creatures. At least she’d get to see Hagrid. All of sudden, she saw a blur run past her, then stop and turn around. Uh oh, it was Harry.

“Oh no Harry, what’s wrong?” Ginny asked as she noticed the tears on his face. He quickly explained to her what had happened and Ginny decided she should stay with Harry, Hagrid would understand.

Before long, they were sitting on the couch together talking about things other than Sirius. They were talking about Quidditch and Ginny was about to tell Harry about how she wanted to be a chaser.

“Yeah, I know. I liked being a seeker, but I’d really like to…” She was suddenly interrupted.

“Be with you.” Harry had finished her sentence with a different ending than she had intended. Harry had no idea where it came from, it was like he couldn’t hold it in any longer. He loved Ginny Weasley, and he was proud of it.

All Ginny could do was stare. She had a huge loss of words. Finally, it was Harry who spoke.

“Ginny, I really, really like you. I can’t imagine getting through the rest of the year without you. I’m pretty sure you like me too, and if you don’t, I’m sorry I have put you through all this.” It just occurred to Harry that maybe Ginny did not like him after all…

“Oh, Harry.” And with that she pulled him into a hug and then kissed him lightly on the lips.

A/N I hope you enjoy this chapter! The next chapter is going to be full with lots of fluff and snogging. I have either one or two chapters left and then onto my sequel! Please review...its the only way i know if i should continue writing the story!
Old News by theMarauders
Harry pulled away from Ginny. Harry just stared at her beauty, her smile, her lips. He wanted it all and she wanted him.

Ginny smiled up at Harry. She never thought this moment would come. She had liked Harry for as long as she could imagine and he finally liked her.

“Ginny…listen…I’m sorry for having to put you through all this…its just--”

“Harry, please. I could not imagine spending my time any other way. I’ve loved you for as long as I can remember.”

Her caramel eyes were glowing at Harry. He had such an urge to kiss her all over, but he knew better. He smiled and went in for another kiss. So much for class that morning…

******************************************
“I wonder where Harry is. He never showed up for class.” Hermione said to Ron.

“Maybe he talked to Dumbledore through the whole class.”

“Yeah, maybe. Leaping Toads,” Hermione said to the Fat Lady as they entered the common room. At that moment both Ron and Hermione stopped dead in their tracks. Sitting on the couch in the middle of the room was Harry…and he was smiling. They hadn’t seen Harry smiling since before the Department of Mysteries.

“Umm…Harry?” Ron asked him.

“Yeah?” He was staring straight at the dormitories and didn’t take his eyes off them for a second.

“What happened? What did Dumbledore say? What is going on? Why are you so happy? And, Harry what--”

But suddenly he was cut short. At that moment Ginny came bounding down the stairs with her favorite two coffee mugs. The smile of Harry’s face grew wider, but Ginny’s disappeared.

“WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?” Ron yelled, but Harry was still in his own world. Meanwhile, Hermione was putting two and two together.

“I see,” Hermione said, looking back and forth between Harry and Ginny. Harry wasn’t paying attention to anyone but Ginny. She was his. He could see it now…Ginevra Weasley Potter. But, Ginny wasn’t smiling. She was staring straight at Ron, who was still unaware of what was going on.

Hermione grabbed Ron’s wrist, and gave him a pull. He turned bright red, but he wouldn’t move at all. “Oh, Ron, come on…do you want me to explain everything to you or not?” He quickly followed her away, looking back over his shoulder to see Ginny look down at Harry and shake her head.

************************************************
“Ginny…what’s wrong?” Harry asked her after Ron and Hermione were out of sight.

“Well, it’s just…how’s Ron gonna take it?”

“Take what?”

“Us,” The smile was wiped off his face as he stood up from the couch.

“Gin, what are you talking about? Ron wanted us to be together. He told me so.”

Ginny stared back. She had loved Harry for as long as she could remember and there was no way her brother was going to get in her way. But, Harry said that Ron had wanted them to be together.

Harry was beginning to become a little scared. He loved Ginny, he always had. But if she was going to let her brother break them apart, then he didn’t want to deal with it. Wait, he thought, that’s not true. I will always want to be with Ginny, no matter what. “Ginny, seriously, are you going to let your brother come between us? Especially when he wants us to be together?”

“Of course not,” She knew there was a reason she had loved Harry. And with that she kissed him gently on the lips, grabbed her bag, and headed off to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Harry watched her until she was no longer in site. He breathed a great sigh of relief as he fell back onto the couch.

*****************************************************
“Hermione, what the bloody hell is up?” Ron was so impatient sometimes that Hermione wanted to smack him.

“First of all, calm down,” She looked very serious and stern. She reminded Ron of his mother when she was in a bad temper.

Ron took a deep breath, “Okay, I’m good.”

“Well, of course, I don’t know for sure yet, but ummm…you see--”

“HERMIONE! Just spit it out!” Ron was so impatient sometimes.

“I think that Harry finally talked to Ginny.”

“About what?”

“Ron, you are so slow sometimes. You really are,” Ron continued to stare at Hermione with a dumbfounded expression on his face.

“Hermione, I don’t understand.”

“You know how I have told you a million times that Harry and Ginny like each other?” She was beginning to become frustrated and loose all hope in Ron.

“Yeah, I remember you telling me that once before, I think,” Hermione rolled her eyes at him.

“I think that he finally talked to her and told her how he felt.”

“WHAT?” Ron sounded angry, although in his head”fireworks were going off.

“Ron, I know that your happy about this, and if you’re not, don’t you dare try and ruin it for either of them.”

When it finally settled in, all Ron could do was smile.

A/N: Everyone, I'm so sorry it took so long to write this chapter. I experienced a major writers block and when I had finally overcome it, I had a lot of work in school. I promise that Chapter 5 will be up really soon! Please review and thanks for reading!
The Secret's Out by theMarauders
Harry was sitting in the common room when Ron came bounding into the room. Harry looked up at Ron and smiled. It was as if the two understood each other perfectly because Ron nodded back with a smile. Hermione walked into the room shortly after and the three of them just sat in silence in the common room and then they began remembering all the fun times that they had had before the Department of Mysteries. “The triwizard tournament seems like it was ages ago…” Hermione said as she remembered how Harry had defeated the dragon, rescued Ron and Fleur’s sister from the lake, and then she remembered the chaos that occurred when Harry had come out of the maze with Cedric’s dead body and the news of Voldemort’s return.

It was a night Harry did not want to remember”he didn’t want to think about Cedric and especially Voldemort. He hadn’t told any of his friends about the prophecy but the burden of it was beginning to become too heavy for only his shoulders. It was then that he made a decision to tell his best friends about the prophecy, but he wanted to wait for Ginny to get back. “Guys, I need to tell you something, but we have to wait until Ginny gets back,” he mumbled, knowing that this day was not going to be as good as it had looked about an hour ago.

Hermione suddenly looked worried because this conversation had obviously been sparked by her comment about the triwizard tournament. Ron and Hermione looked at each other and both of them blushed.

Harry looked very serious for the next ten minutes as they waited for Ginny to return. Finally, Harry noticed her red hair emerge from the portrait hole and he smiled. He got up, walked up to her, and kissed her on the cheek. Ginny blushed but then she kissed him back. “I missed you,” Ginny said to Harry with a flirtatious smile on her face.

“I missed you, too,” Harry said back as he kissed her again. He still couldn’t believe that he had never noticed Ginny before all of this, she was wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

“I don’t mean to break up the love or anything, but Harry, you said you wanted to talk to all of us about something,” Hermione interrupted. Hermione was always anxious to know what was going on, especially when it involved Harry.

Harry let out a deep sigh. “Alright, but I can’t talk about it in here. And Hermione, you might want to grab those,” Harry said as he pointed to a box of tissues that were sitting on the table next to them. At this comment, Hermione turned stone cold but refused to grab the tissues.

Harry then led them out of the common room, holding Ginny’s hand (who was now shaking and looking extremely worried), down the hallway and up to the top of the astronomy tower. Harry took a deep breath and stared up at the stars and breathed in the fresh air. “I love night time, it’s so calm.” Harry wasn’t acting normal and Hermione, Ginny, and even Ron could tell.

Ginny didn’t know what to think. This day had meant so much to her because she had finally gotten Harry, her first and only love. She knew that what Harry was about to tell them all was something big, no not big, huge. She didn’t want it to ruin what her and Harry now had.

“We should probably sit down,” Harry said as he scanned the faces of his best friends. They all look petrified. Petrified and worried.

“Harry, before you begin, what is this all about?” Hermione said as calmly as she could.

Harry stared straight ahead at the wall in front of him and answered as simply as he could, “Voldemort.”

“Well, that’s what I figured…”

“Is it really Hermione? Do you always know what everyone is thinking?” Ron asked her, he was just trying to break the ice with a joke but it obviously wasn’t funny because Hermione glared back.

“If I always knew what everyone was thinking then I wouldn’t need to be in this conversation now would I, Ronald?” She had never looked at someone so coldly before in her life, especially to Ron, who she just happened to be crushing on.

Ginny decided it was her turn to speak, but she didn’t know what to say. She looked into his green eyes that she had fallen in love with so many moons ago, and she found her voice again. “Harry, whatever it is you have to tell us, no matter what, we will be here for you. And I love you and I always will.” She kissed him on the cheek and squeezed his hand tightly in hers.

Harry was lucky to have someone like Ginny, he didn’t know what he would do without her now that he had her. He let out a deep breath and then he began. “Before I start, I just want to give you fair warning. What I am about to tell you is a huge burden, a weight I have been carrying around for the past several months. And it’s not a good burden. If you don’t want to have to deal with this”I understand. But just leave now.” He looked around at Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. Ginny was shaking uncontrollably and Hermione had grabbed Ron’s arm. He hadn’t even told them about the prophecy yet. If they were this upset already, he didn’t know how they would be able to deal with the actual news.
No one replied to what he had said, so he continued on. “Do you all remember the prophecy from the department of mysteries?”

“The one that Neville dropped? The one that shattered?” Hermione asked.

“Yes. Well, Dumbledore showed me what it said last year, the night that Sirius died,” It suddenly hit him, he hadn’t told Ron and Hermione about Sirius and the mirror. He would have to tackle that story another day. “It basically said”well it said…” Harry began to shake and his eyes began to fill with tears.

Ginny wrapped her arms around Harry and kissed him on the cheek. “It’s okay, Harry, we’re ready to know.”

“Well, it said a lot of things…but the main thing is that I’m the only one who can kill Voldemort. And one of us has to kill the other one or neither of us can survive. Or, we both die.” That was it. He had said it. And he was now crying, just like Hermione and Ginny. Ron just stared straight ahead, with his mouth open a little bit. Ginny got up began to pace back in forth with tears streaming down her face. Hermione was crying, but it was a calm crying. Harry couldn’t look at them, he couldn’t face them. He got up and walked over to the edge of the tower and leaned over the edge. He looked up at the stars and sighed for the third time that night.

Hermione was now quietly talking to herself, while Ron had gone over to comfort Ginny, who had collapsed onto the ground. Harry turned around but he didn’t want to help. He thought that telling them about the prophecy would lighten the weight on his shoulders. Boy was he wrong. It had made them feel 10 times heavier.

A/N: Hey guys...I'm sorry for the depressing chapter--i thought the story needed soemthing other than fluff. The chapters to come will be happier--some of them at least ;). Please review!
When You Need A Friend by theMarauders
It had been a week since Harry had told Ron, Hermione, and Ginny about the prophecy. He hadn’t talked to any of them since then. After Harry had talked to them about the prophecy, he had gone to see Dumbledore because he felt lost and confused.

Dumbledore told him that when they were ready to talk to him again, they would. It wasn’t that Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were mad at him; it was that they still couldn’t believe that he had a good chance of dying. Every time he walked by Ginny, she would break down crying.

Harry had barely eaten in the past week and he was never seen in the common room. He kept to himself in the dormitory with his hangings drawn or in the library by himself. He wanted to go down to the Great Hall for dinner that evening because he had decided he was ready to face the world again. But, then again, he was also content with sitting on his bed thinking about nothing.

*********************************
Ginny was so worried about Harry. She hadn’t spoken to him since the night that he had told her about the prophecy. Ginny wanted to talk to him very badly, but she didn’t want to upset him anymore. She also didn’t want to upset herself. The love of her life could die when he fought Voldemort. He would have to fight Voldemort, eventually, wouldn’t he? That’s what the whole prophecy was about. She lay in her bed at that moment when she suddenly realized something. Oh my god, she thought, all Harry wants is a friend, someone to talk to, and I’ve been completely ignoring him. He needs me, she thought. She got up and quickly ran out of her dormitory and towards the sixth year boys’ room.

She opened the door a crack to see the hangings around one bed drawn, and she assumed it was Harry.

Harry was curious as to who had just come into his room but he was afraid it was Ron, so he didn’t look.

“Harry?” Ginny’s voice filled the air. A shiver ran threw his body as he pulled back the hangings around the bed and looked into Ginny’s eyes. He had missed her the past week, especially since she had said that she would always be there for him. This past week, she hadn’t been there, when he needed her most.

***********************************
Ron and Hermione were sitting in the Great Hall eating dinner in silence like they had been doing for the past week. Silence causes people to think a lot, and at this particular meal Hermione was doing a lot of thinking.

“Ron?” She asked him.

“Hm?” He was busy stuffing his mouth with food as usual, so it was hard for him to talk.

“Ron, I think we need to talk to Harry,” When Hermione said this, Ron dropped his fork, swallowed the remaining food in his mouth, and looked at her as if it was just what he had been thinking.

“Well, obviously, I was waiting for you to say something about it,” Ron sounded like Hermione, which was a rare event.

“Why were you waiting for me to say something about Harry?” She asked with a little tone in her voice.

“Because you’re the sensitive one.”

“I’m the sensitive one? Ron, you have got to be kidding me,” As the two of them continued to argue, Professor Dumbledore had walked into the Great Hall and was heading straight for the two of them.

**********************************
Harry did not say a single word to Ginny, he just stared at her.

“Harry, can we please talk?” Ginny asked, on the verge of tears. She knew that Harry wasn’t happy with her and all she wanted was to make things better.

“You tell me. You’re the one who hasn’t talked to me for the past week. I’m not sure if you can talk anymore, at least to me,” Harry was so upset about the past week that he wanted to make Ginny cry. What am I saying? He thought. I don’t want to make Ginny cry!

“Harry, I’m really, really, really sorry. I just couldn’t let myself believe that you could actually die, you could get hurt. Harry, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I hate to clue you, Ginny, but that’s not the problem. Or at least that’s not what I’m upset about. I’m upset because you gave me your word. You told me that you’d be there for me no matter what it was. Well, I just went through the whole week, by myself. And since you obviously went through all of this by yourself, then maybe we should just be ‘by ourselves’.”

Ginny started to shake much like she had done on the night that Harry had told her about the prophecy. “This isn’t fair,” Ginny said, “This just isn’t fair.” And with that, she walked out of the room and headed towards a corner of the common room where she collapsed. And cried.

***********************************
Dumbledore stood behind Ron just as he was saying, “If anyone is being sensitive right now, Hermione, it’s Harry,” which of course, was the absolute worst thing Ron could have said in front of the headmaster.

“Well, Mr. Weasley, he does have right to be. He’s going through a rough time right now and he seems to be missing the three most important people to him,” Dumbledore spoke as if there was nothing wrong, but Hermione could see right through it.

“Professor, I’m”we’re really sorry that we haven’t been there for Harry. He told us about the prophecy, and well, we got just as upset as he was. We don’t know what to say to him, what to do,” Hermione’s eyes were full of unshed tears, she couldn’t, no she wouldn’t, start crying about this again.

“You never needed to talk to him about the prophecy, you just need to talk to him. He just wants someone to talk to. A friend,” Dumbledore looked over at Ron who for once, was actually listening.

“He’s got Ginny,” Ron said, even though he knew full-well that Ginny hadn’t spoken to Harry at all either.

Dumbledore winked at Ron and as he spoke, “You and I know that Mr. Potter and Ms. Weasley are also not talking. Now, if I were you two, I would go off and find Mr. Potter. Apologize and talk to him. I think that everything will be fine,” Dumbledore turned to leave and walk up to the head table but Hermione stopped him.

“Professor?”

“Yes, Hermione,” As Dumbledore turned back around his robes floated threw the air.

“I have a question. It’s about the whole prophecy thing…do you think that Harry can kill Voldemort?”

Dumbledore let out a big sigh as he responded, “Only time will tell, Ms. Granger, only time will tell.”

******************************************
Ron and Hermione walked out of the Great Hall in silence as they thought about Dumbledore’s last words. Hermione couldn’t help but think that Harry was going to need all the help he could get. When they arrived at the portrait of the Fat Lady, she spoke to them. “When you two get in there will you please tell that crying girl to be quiet? I’m trying to rest.”

Hermione and Ron looked at each other and as soon as they stepped out of the portrait hole, Ron spotted Ginny sobbing in the corner. He raced over to her as he shouted, “Gin, what the bloody hell is wrong?”

“We”me and Harry….we….we…we”broke up!” Ginny was crying like she would never stop.

*********************************
Guys--I'm so sorry for another depressing chapter...the next chapter will be much happier”I promise! Please review--when you do it really makes my day. I'm not posting the next chapter until I get at least 1 review!
Becoming Closer by theMarauders
Chapter 7

Ron stared at Ginny is disbelief, “Why in the world would Harry break up with you?” Ron couldn’t believe it, he didn’t believe Ginny. He just thought that she was overreacting to this whole prophecy thing and was probably hallucinating.

Ginny was unable to talk, she seemed voiceless and cold. Ron looked back between Hermione and Ginny, not knowing what to do. Hermione walked over to Ginny and put her arm around her as she gently rocked her back and forth to calm her down.

“Ginny”calm down…just breathe…I’m sure that Harry didn’t really break up with you…calm down, Gin…that’s it…” Hermione could have a very soothing personality about herself, but only when she wanted to act like that.

Finally, Ginny was able to find her voice, “I went to try to apologize to him for not talking the past week. He got upset and mad because I told him before he told us about the prophecy that I would always be there. He said I hadn’t been there for him the past week and that he had had to get through all of this alone. And then he said since I could obviously get through all of this alone, that we were just better off by ourselves…” Ginny began to cry again as her voice trailed off.

Hermione looked up at Ron who was now staring angrily towards the dormitories. No one makes my sister feel this bad…no one…He looked down at Ginny and Hermione and realized what he needed to do. He was going to have to work everything out with Harry by himself.

**************************************
Harry was sitting in his bed staring up at ceiling, crying. He didn’t mean to break up with Ginny, for that had never been his intentions. He had just wanted to make her realize how much she had hurt him, and he had gotten a little carried away. If there was one person in the world he needed, it was Ginny.

He took out a piece of parchment and began to write Ginny a letter, because he knew that she would never talk to him face to face ever again.

Dear Ginny,

I’m so sorry about what I said…I never
meant to break up with you. The truth is,
I’ve been struggling this week mainly
because I didn’t have you. Ginny, you
make me complete. When I’m with you,
I feel 100 times better. I didn’t want to
tell you about the prophecy, but I had to.
If I don’t have you to help me through this,
then I might as well just give in to Voldemort
right now…I’m sorry Ginny, please forgive me.

Love always,
Harry


He re-read the letter and realized he needed to add one more thing. He scribbled 3 more words onto the piece of parchment so that the last sentence read: I’m sorry Ginny, please forgive me, I love you. He called for Hedwig, who had been sitting on a perch next to Harry’s bed for the last two days because he had become so lonely. “Hedwig, deliver this letter to Ginny…really fast.” Hedwig pecked him with affection and took off.

**************************************
As Ron began to walk the dreaded steps up to his dormitory to talk to Harry, Hedwig zoomed overhead. Ron had a feeling that she was delivering a letter to Ginny, so he decided that he would not discuss Ginny with Harry, he would merely try and speak to him. Ron secretly hoped that Harry wouldn’t get as mad at him as he did to Ginny, Ron couldn’t afford to be on Harry’s bad side.

As he entered the room he noticed that hangings drawn around Harry’s bed as usual. Harry thought that it was Ginny who had entered the dormitory so he poked his head out only to come face to face with Ron. Anger flared up inside of Harry and he immediately and he pulled the drawings back around his bed.

“Harry, can we talk?” Ron asked, he had never sounded so polite before in his life.

“Hmmm….let me think about it…no,” Harry did not want to talk to Ron at all. He only wanted to talk to Ginny.

“Harry, listen, I’m sorry I haven’t helped you through the last week, it’s just been really hard for me too,” Ron felt like he was talking to a wall because he knew Harry wasn’t listening.

“Ron, I don’t want to talk to anyone right now. Please leave,” Harry was really getting aggravated.

“Harry, I really want to talk to you.”

“Well, now you know how I’ve been feeling the whole week. All I’ve wanted to do is talk to you guys the whole week and I’ve been completely ignored. So now I’m going to do the same to you.” And with that, Harry got up and started walking towards the door, only to walk into Ginny.

“Harry, can we talk?” Ginny asked. Her eyes were all red and blotchy and her hair all mused.

“Okay,” Harry said. He motioned for her and to come with him and sit down on his bed. Meanwhile, Ron was looking a little frustrated and for about the third time in his life, he did the right thing and left Harry and Ginny alone without even saying a word.

Once Ginny was sitting on Harry’s bed, she reached into her pocket and pulled out the letter he had written her. There were tear stains that were smudging the writing, but Ginny didn’t care. “Harry, I’m so sorry I haven’t been there. I really am. What can I do to make it up to you?”

Harry stared at Ginny and for the first time in a week he smiled. “You can make it up to me by being my girlfriend and promising you will never do that to me again.”

“Oh, Harry,” And with that, she gave Harry the biggest hug in the world. And he gave her the biggest kiss.

************************************************
Ron walked back into the common room to find Hermione sitting on a chair by the fireplace, deep in thought. Ron suddenly got the chills as he stared at her, and he could feel himself blushing.

Hermione looked across the room and noticed Ron staring at her, blushing. Their eyes met and she began to blush too. Slowly, she rose out of her chair and began to walk over towards Ron.

Ron’s heart was racing fast as Hermione walked closer to him. Her face was inches away from his, and as she stood on her tippy-toes to give him a kiss---

“HERMIONE! Guess what? Me and Harry are back together, and…oh my,” Ginny and Harry were holding hands and bouncing the stairs but had both stopped on the last step. Ron and Hermione were standing very close to each other…a little too close. But, at that moment, the smile on both Harry and Ginny’s faces grew a little wider.

***************************

A/N: Hey everyone! I hoped that this chapter was a lot happier than the last few...i love it when you guys review so keep them coming!
It's All Coming Back to Me Now by theMarauders
Harry and Ginny walked down to breakfast together the next morning holding hands and laughing quietly with one another. It had been a little awkward between Ron and Hermione since Harry and Ginny had caught them together, but they acted as if nothing really happened.

“I’m glad their back together,” Hermione said to Ron as they walked behind the happy couple.

“Me too,” Ron hesitated with his answer because he was thinking about asking Hermione out. He was extremely nervous and very preoccupied.

As Ginny and Harry entered the Great Hall, Professor Dumbledore noticed them and smiled. He was happy to see that Harry had his friends back because he knew how much Harry needed them. Last night, after Harry and Ginny had worked things out, Harry had worked everything out with Ron and Hermione as well. So, they were all back to being the best of friends.

Hogsmeade was this weekend and Harry, Ginny, Hermione, and Ron could not wait. Harry was looking forward to taking his mind off of school and Voldemort and relaxing for a day. Little did the four of them know that their trip to Hogsmeade was going to be a very hectic day.

*****************************************
As Harry woke up on Saturday morning after a dreamless night, (he had by now mastered the art of keeping away nightmares), he got dressed with a wide smile on his face and woke up Ron. They were going into Hogsmeade today and Harry wanted to get there early to beat the crowd.

Ginny and Hermione had already been up for half an hour by the time Ron had managed to get out of bed. They had been doing their hair and getting ready for so long because they wanted to impress their male friends (or in Ginny’s case, her boyfriend). At nine they went down into the Common Room to meet Harry and Ron.

Harry and Ron were already sitting in the Common Room talking about the upcoming quidditch match when the two girls walked in. “Wow, Gin, you look great,” Harry said as he went over and planted a kiss on Ginny’s lips. Ron blushed and stared at Hermione, who had actually eliminated all the bushiness from her hair.

“You look…uhhh good, Hermione,” Ron stuttered. He didn’t want to go and kiss her like Harry had done to Ginny so he looked down at his feet and clicked his heels together. Hermione stared sweetly at him, hoping that maybe he would get up the courage to ask her out.

“Oh for goodness sake, Ron,” Ginny said as she looked over at him. She then made a move for him by grabbing his hand, walking over to Hermione, and placing their two hands together. She smiled sweetly at the two of them and said, “Well, I think we’re all ready to go now then!”

When they arrived in Hogsmeade, it was nearly deserted because it was so early in the morning. Harry and Ginny walked the streets hand in hand looking for a bench to sit down on and take in the morning air. Ron and Hermione were walking a little farther behind talking quietly about nothing in particular. Suddenly, Hermione thought she noticed something in a black robe move behind a building. I’m just imagining things, she thought to herself. Her eyes suddenly locked on Harry and she realized that she wasn’t imagining it, whoever, whatever that was, was there for Harry.

“HARRY! THERE ARE DEATH EATERS HERE! GET HELP!” Hermione bellowed at the top of her lungs.

Harry spun around to come face to face with three Death Eaters while another three grabbed Ginny and took her away. Harry tried to send stunning spells towards the death eaters but they were moving very quickly. One of the three that had grabbed Ginny began to shout at Harry, “You hurt any of us and we hurt the Weasley rat,”

“WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?” Harry yelled back. He suddenly wondered if there would be Aurors in the village somewhere…there must be someone looking out for him.

“Now Harry, there’s no need to shout. Just come with us calmly and we’ll let the girl go,” came from the drawling voice of Bellatrix Lestrange. Anger swelled up inside of Harry and he was suddenly reminded of Sirius. Without even thinking he sent a stunning spell towards Bellatrix and hit her square in the chest. She fell to the ground as another Death Eater grabbed hold of Ron and Hermione who had tried to drift away from the scene in search of help.

Within 30 seconds of Bellatrix’s fall, Aurors had popped up all over the place and had taken control of the fight. About 3 minutes later, all the Death Eaters except for Bellatrix had apparated and Ginny was left lying on the ground in pain.

Harry ran over to her and lifted her head off the ground and stared into her eyes. She saw the green eyes looking back at her and from that moment on she promised herself she would never forget them.

********************************
Harry was sitting on a bed in the hospital wing next to Ginny, waiting for her to wake up. She had been sleeping for a while and all he wanted to do was talk to her and make sure she was okay. Professor Dumbledore walked in and looked down at the distressed Harry. Neither of them realized that Ginny was awake.

“Well, Harry, everyone will be okay,” He said slowly and calmly as he looked at Harry.

“Everything is not okay. I put Ginny, Hermione, and Ron in danger. I’m never going to go out again…” He had tears in his eyes at the thought of what could have happened to his three friends today. Harry kept his head facing the floor as Dumbledore continued to talk to him.

“Harry, this is not your fault. You can’t just lock yourself up for the next few years. You are going to have to live your life to the fullest whether you want to or not, Harry, because I am going to make sure of it. Don’t let Voldemort rule your life, that’s exactly what he wants to do.”

“But, Professor, Ginny could have been killed. I can’t have her associated with me because it puts her in danger. After today, I’m going to spend my time by myself. I wouldn’t be able to live if someone else close to me is killed because of my stupidity.”

Ginny rolled over in her bed at this, trying to get Harry to realize she was awake. But, of course, he didn’t notice.

“Harry, that is rather silly. I know that Miss Weasley is not going to let you break up with her. And I know that Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger are going to continue being your friends if you want them to or not. And, now, about Bellatrix. We have captured her and as of right now she is being kept under maximum security at the Ministry. But, I am afraid that we just can’t kill her.”

Harry knew that he was going to never get Sirius back, but hearing Dumbledore’s voice become shaky as he said this, made it hit Harry very hard. Harry nodded his head and stood up from the bed he had been sitting on. He walked over to a window and looked down at the ground below. Ginny opened her eyes completely and stared at Harry as Dumbledore left the two of them alone.

Ginny noticed tears began to slide down Harry’s perfectly smooth cheek and she made another promise to herself at that moment”she would love Harry with all her heart and would make sure that he knew it.

*****************************************

Ginny woke up for a day long nap, got out of bed and went to look out the window. She was suddenly shoved back into reality.

Ginny had been dreaming for 12 hours, but it wasn’t a fantasy dream. It had been a real dream. She had dreamed about how her and Harry had gotten together, about their first fight, and she had dreamed about that day when she was hurt by the Death Eaters in Hogsmeade. She had remembered the promise that she had made herself one year ago about loving Harry, and she had kept it til this day. As she looked out the window at the shadowy and dark ground, she remembered everything that she had wanted to forget.

It was her sixth year and Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s seventh. And as of right now, she didn’t know if she would ever see Harry or her brother again. The final battle was occurring somewhere in the world, and Harry was out there doing his best to try and save it. Her and Harry had been together for over a year now and they loved each other more than anyone. They were inseparable. But, because Harry wasn’t safe and she knew it, Ginny felt like half of her was missing. And it was a big half.

Ginny walked away from the window and into the Common Room which was basically deserted. Almost everyone had gone home or was helping in the fight, but Harry had refused to let her and Hermione contribute. “If there are two people I don’t want to get hurt, it’s you two. And I will protect you if it’s the last thing I do,” Harry had said. Oh how Ginny missed hearing his voice. They had all been gone for over a month now and she was beginning to get worried. What if he never comes back? What will I do? And for about the one thousandth time that month, she began to cry.

Hermione walked into the Common Room as she heard Ginny’s sobs. Hermione was missing Ron and Harry just as much as Ginny was, but Ginny was definitely less confident than Hermione. Hermione and Ron had been dating since the day after the Hogsmeade incident, which had been the first of many. “Oh, Gin, it’s okay…they’ll be home soon,” Hermione tried to comfort Ginny even though she knew it was a lost cause.

“What’s the point of us staying here, waiting for them, when we could be helping out? Waiting for Harry is going to kill me soon, Hermione. I don’t know how much longer I can wait.”

Hermione knew that Ginny was scared of losing Harry, and she tried to convince her that Harry would be fine. There was no way Voldemort could defeat Harry…right? As much as Hermione wanted to convince herself that everything was going to be alright, she had a feeling in the pit of her stomach that not everyone was going to come home alright.

******************************************
Before Ginny went to get into her bed that night, she walked over to close the drapes around the window. Although it had not been sunny outside for last 2 months, she still had hope that sometime soon the battle would be over.

___________________________________

A/N: Woah. In case you didn't catch the last bit of this chapter--it was all a dream. The first seven chapters of this story was Ginny dreaming and reflecting back on Harry's sixth year. I'm not going to write a chapter that includes the final battle because I feel that that is JKR's job. I'm also not writing a final battle scene because, well, I think it would totally stink. But, I promise that you'll find out what happens in one of the upcoming chapters.

Please review if you want me to continue!
The End of Darkness by theMarauders
Ginny woke up early the next morning to the usual dark room. She got up out of her bed and didn’t even bother to get changed as she saw no point in it. She missed Harry and her brother so much and she was beginning to become worried. If they never make it back alive, she thought, I will sentence myself to death.

From the edge of her bed she could hear voices coming from the Common Room, but there was no one left at the school except for her and Hermione. That voice sounds so familiar she said to herself as she quickly hurried down the steps. As she came sprinting down the stairs she came face to face with the back of a red head, and it just happened to belong to the one red head she was missing the most, Ron.

“OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!” Ginny screamed as she tackled her brother and jumped into his arms. His face was scarred and cut up and he looked as if he hadn’t slept in weeks.

“Hey Ginny…oh how I’ve missed you! How are you? How’s everything going?” He and Hermione had obviously been talking for a while because Hermione wasn’t hugging him or going crazy that he was back.

“WHERE’S HARRY? IS HE OKAY?” She had always thought that they would both come back together…but Harry was no where in sight.

Hermione and Ron both looked at each other and then Ron grabbed Ginny’s hand. “Gin, I think you’re going to need to sit down.”

Oh, this couldn’t be good, this couldn’t be good. She took a seat as her whole body began to shake.

“Okay, well, I’ll explain what happened briefly right now, and then I can explain the rest later. Hmmm, where to begin...well, Voldemort had way more help then we expected. Everything was on his side and he was heavily guarded. By the time our army had gotten to him, we were all worn down and weak, especially Harry. He knew that every one and everything was depending on him, so he decided he needed rest before we advanced anymore. Well, while Harry was sleeping, we were all trying to guard him. Voldemort decided this was the best time to attack him, so he did. Harry woke up just seconds before Voldemort sent ancient, deadly curses at him.”

Ginny was now crying as she grabbed Ron and got on her knees on the ground. “Ron...no”he can’t”HARRY’S NOT DEAD.”

Ron swallowed hard before he continued. “But, Harry’s one hour nap helped him that much more. He had the strength he needed and fought back. Aww Gin, you should have seen it. The two greatest wizards dueling, but not with their wands, with swords and animated figures. The dueling lasted three days and Voldemort was growing weaker because he hadn’t slept in over one month. At the end of the battle, both Voldemort’s and Harry’s defensive systems collapsed. Harry got Voldemort first with an ancient killing spell, but as Voldemort began to curl up and die a painful death, he used all the strength he had to hit Harry with an ancient Cruiacious curse that no one had a counter-curse for. Voldemort’s body vanished into nothing but dust, but by the time the curse was lifted off Harry he was in so much pain. He told everyone he wanted to die. But, he was strong, Gin, because of you. He said, ‘I need to live for Ginny,’ and he passed out. He’s been in St. Mungo’s since and he still hasn’t woken up.”

Ginny didn’t say anything. She stared straight ahead and her eyes were completely glazed over as if there was no one else in the world but her.

“Ginny? Harry’s going to be okay…once he wakes up. The doctors think it could take up to three years for him to wake up, but they said he will wake.”

Ginny slowly turned her head towards Ron and looked into his eyes. She began to cry harder than anyone has ever cried before, and she didn’t stop crying for 9 days.
**************************************
The darkness outside had finally lifted and nine days after Ron had come back, Ginny finally left her room. When she walked into the common room, Ron ran over to her and gave her a hug. “It’s good to have you back, Ginny,” he said to her.

She just nodded in response.

There was still no one back besides Ron because everyone was trying to clean up the mess left behind from the battle. Dumbledore had sent Ron back to take care of Ginny and Hermione and told him that he would be returning to the school to see the three of them within the next month.

“Can we go see Harry?” Ginny asked. He was all Ginny thought about.

Ron shook his head. “The doctors won’t allow anyone near him. Not even Dumbledore. Here Gin, I meant to give this to you the night I came back, but you got kinda caught up in everything.” Ron handed her an envelope addressed to her in Harry’s handwriting.

“Oh my…” She just held the letter in her hand and stared at it, turning it over and over.

“Right before he passed out he told me to give it to you,” Ron said softly in a soothing voice.

Ginny slowly ripped the envelope, took out the letter and began to read it as tears filled up in her eyes once again.

Dear Ginny,
Well, if you’re reading this letter then I’m either dead or nearly there. I just wanted to let you know how much I love you. I’ve gotten through the past few years because of you Ginny, you’ve helped me so much and you always know how to make me smile whenever I’m upset. You have got to live your life to its fullest whether I’m alive or not. I don’t want you to waste your time dwelling over my death or injuries. I’m always with you and I always will be. Knowing you, you’re probably thinking, ‘how can I live without you?’ It’s easy Gin, you’ve got Ron and Hermione and your friends and family. You can do it. I want to let you know that I was planning on proposing when I got back from this battle, and the only reason I didn’t do it sooner was simply because of this. If I had died when you were engaged to me, I wouldn’t want you to feel like you can’t meet new people and date. I love you, Ginny. Remember that. And there are only two times that I want to be with you”now and forever.

Love always and forever,
Harry


Ginny placed the letter down on the table in front of her and looked up at Ron. “Oh, Ron…I need Harry. I miss him so much and this letter”it’s”it’s…” and Ginny never was able to finish her sentence because her tears overtook her body.
***************************************

It had been almost one year since the final battle. Hogwarts was going to be re-opening next year, so Ginny was going to have to wait another year before she could go back to school. Ginny was back to living at home with her family and luckily none of them had been killed in the battle with Voldemort. Ron and Hermione were getting married and they lived in a different house just outside of the village where the Weasley’s lived.

Ginny didn’t go out much, she spent most of her time staring out the window and re-reading Harry’s letter, which by now, she had memorized. She told herself that if he didn’t wake up after three years, then she would fulfill his wishes of “living her life.”

Today was a day that Ginny would never forget, although of course she didn’t know that when she woke up that morning. Ginny was sitting at the breakfast table munching on a small piece of bacon and reading The Daily Prophet. She heard a small popping noise in the fireplace and she came face to face with Dumbledore’s head. He was a frequent visitor at her house and he never talked to her, so she quickly went back to reading the newspaper.

“Ah, just the person I was looking for. How are you doing Miss Weasley?” He said as his great gray eyes stared at her.

“Umm, hello. I’m the same as usual, lonely and bored,” Ginny replied without even looking up as she turned to the next page in the newspaper.

“Well, Ginny, that is going to end today,” Dumbledore said as a smile flashed across his face.

Ginny looked up at him and waited for him to continue.

“Harry woke up this morning. And he’s doing excellent. He wanted me to come and get you. But, do not tell anyone else that he is awake because he wants it to be a surprise.”

Ginny dropped her coffee mug and it shattered on the ground. She stared at him as if he was joking and then started jumping up and down in excitement. She quickly grabbed a coat, jumped into the fire, and left the shattered mug on the ground.

Several minutes later, Mrs. Weasley came down the stairs and into the kitchen. She noticed that shattered mug and Ginny’s unfinished breakfast and assumed that she was having another one of her Harry fits, and didn’t even bother to look for her.

*******************************************
When Ginny stepped out of the fireplace and came face to face with Dumbledore, she hugged him. He smiled down at her and spoke, “It’s great to have you back, Ginny. Before I take you to see Harry, I would like to talk to you.”

Ginny really wanted to see Harry, but since Dumbledore had been the one to come get her, she decided that she could wait a few more minutes.

“Your mother has told me how much you have missed Harry these past few years and that you haven’t been yourself since the final battle. I would like to let you know that this is something special. What you and Harry have is pure love, and I don’t see a lot of that lately. I know that if you were ever injured severly, Harry would have done the exact same thing as you did. He would have gone into hiding. But, promise me something, Ms. Weasley,”

“Anything, Professor,” she replied as she looked up at him. Even though Harry was back again, her eyes were filled with tears as she remembered her struggles over the past few years.

“Promise me that if anything ever happens to Harry again, that you will not go into hiding. Everyone has missed you so much, even if you didn’t realize it. And lastly, promise me that you will always take care of Mr. Potter, because he sure deserves someone to love him.”

Ginny hugged Dumbledore once again and as then he grabbed her hand and led her into Harry’s room.

______________________________________
A/N: this was such an emotional chapter for me to write because i hate it when characters get hurt (im such an emotional person--lol). At the point where i wrote about Harry, i got all teary eyed. Another note: If you have not seen the movie The Notebook--do yourself a favor and go see it. It is the greatest love story ever and it is truly heart-warming. Ok, i'm done being all mushy so please REVIEW!
Now or Never by theMarauders
As Ginny walked into Harry’s room, she wanted to cry. There were flowers, cards, balloons, and decorations covering the walls. She couldn’t believe how many people had really been praying for Harry to get better. As she finished eyeing the room, she noticed Harry’s bed in the right corner. Harry was sound asleep and as much as she wanted to wake him, she knew he needed his rest.

Dumbledore watched from the doorway with a smile on his face as Ginny pulled up a chair and sat down next to Harry. She grabbed his hand and put it up to her cheek as tears flowed down her cheeks on onto his hand. As Harry’s eyes flickered open, Dumbledore decided it was time for him to leave.

“Oh Harry!” Ginny cried as she wrapped her arms around him and he put his arm around her. They sat like that for hours without speaking a single word to each other.

*****************************************
It was getting late and Mrs. Weasley was beginning to wonder where Ginny was. She worried about Ginny”she was always depressed. She sat down at kitchen table and put her hands together as she quietly prayed for Harry to be okay so that Ginny would be happy again. It was weird because at that moment she thought she heard God saying to her, “Molly, their together right now.”

*****************************************
Finally it was Harry who spoke in a rather raspy voice, “Ginny, you know that I love you, right?”

Ginny looked into his green eyes which she had missed so much as she heard the words that she had been longing to hear. “I love you too, Harry, and these past few years without you has been painful. There was a period of time that I seriously considered killing myself so I could be with you. Oh, Harry, you have no idea how happy I am that you’re awake. And…” but Ginny was suddenly interrupted by a much deserved kissed.

Ginny pulled away for a second and looked Harry straight in the eyes. She had missed him so much. She had been through so much pain because he was gone and she suddenly became scared of losing him again.

“Umm, Harry?” She asked sounding a little worried.

“Mmm,” Harry responded as he gave her another kiss.

“What did the doctors say? Are you all better now?” As she asked this he stopped kissing her and turned to look at her face to face.

He suddenly looked serious as he spoke, “Well, they’re not really sure. They said they were beginning to think I would never wake up. But, I feel almost 100% and they said if I’m still feeling that way by the end of the week then I can go home. Except, I don’t really have a home.”

Ginny stared at him. “Harry, you’re kidding me, right? You are a member of my family, and you will be living at our house weather you want to or not.”

Harry smiled at her as he gave her another kiss.

“Alright, I’m sorry Harry, but I need to get back home. My mother is probably worried half to death about me,” Ginny whispered into his ear as she got up to leave.

“Remember it’s a secret that I’m awake…don’t tell anyone,” Harry said as he gave her another big kiss.

As Ginny exited the room, she realized that she had never felt so happy in her entire life. It felt like all the past few years’ pain was all gone and that it had never been there.

**********************************************
It was a week later and the doctors told Harry that he was ready to go home. Ginny was absolutely thrilled and excited. “Everyone is going to be so happy to see you, Harry! I can guarantee that Hermione will be hysterical!”

Harry smiled at her. Harry wished he could show Ginny just how much he had missed her when he was off fighting. When he had been unconscious, he was not able to think of anything but he knew that if he could have thought, it would have been about Ginny. Harry was also excited about finally going home and seeing everyone that he was missing.

As Harry and Ginny walked up to the back door of the burrow, Ginny whispered into Harry’s ear. “Wait here.”

Ginny walked into the house to find her mother washing dishes in the sink. She smiled at Ginny and Ginny smiled back. “Oh, Gin, I’m so happy to see that you’re back to smiling again. I’m also glad you’ve forgotten about Harry for now. When he wakes up and gets all better, you will look back at all this silliness and laugh. He’ll be proud of you for finally smiling.”

Ginny almost started laughing, but she held it in and nodded her head as the smile on her face grew. Ginny was checking the house to make sure everyone was there. Her father was the only one who she knew wasn’t going to be home because he was at work. Ron and Hermione were supposed to be stopping by for the day so she began to look for them.

She found them both sitting by the fireplace talking quietly. When Ginny entered the room, Hermione got up and hugged her. “Your mother told me that you are finally smiling. We’re proud of you.”

Ginny continued to hug Hermione, but this time she couldn’t help but laugh. Ron stared at her. “Gin? What are you laughing at?”

“How clueless the two of you are,” Ginny replied as she continued to giggle to herself. Ron and Hermione continued to look at each other with puzzled looks on their faces.

“I don’t understand what we are being clueless about…” Hermione said.

“Well, before I show you I will give you one last comment for you to think about”do you really think I would smile if I didn’t have Harry?”

“No,” Ron replied quickly and firmly without even thinking. Hermione slapped his arm.

“I still don’t understand. Does this mean she’s found someone else?” Hermione asked as Ginny exited the room bouncing up and down.

She ran threw the kitchen and out the back door to where Harry was sitting on the ground smiling up at her.

“Nice speech your mother gave you. I thought I told you to live your life!” Harry said as he looked at her like she was the best thing in the world.

“Live my life without you? Harry, you’re kidding me, right?” Ginny said while she let out a few more giggles.

“Can I see everyone already?” Harry asked as he put on his best sad-puppy face.

“Alright…we’re gonna walk in, and then say ‘SURPRISE’!” Ginny said, as she was just as excited as Harry was about all of this.

They both took a big breaths as Ginny flung open the door. They were holding hands as Harry shouted, “SURPRISE!”

Mrs. Weasley dropped the plates she was holding. Ron and Hermione came running into the room. There was such a silence that you could have heard a pin drop. It was Hermione who was the first to realize what was happening, and just as Ginny had predicted, she went ballistic.

Hermione threw herself into Harry’s arms as Ron stared at Ginny shaking his head back and forth. “No wonder you were so happy, Gin. The weird thing is that I knew you would never smile until Harry was safe. I should have realized it at the beginning of this week when you came bouncing home,” Ron said as he walked over to Ginny and put his arm around her neck, leaving her in a headlock as she fought back.

It took several more minutes until Ron was finally allowed to talk to Harry. Ron went up to Harry and gave him a big hug as no words were exchanged between the two of them. There didn’t need to be words for them to understand each other.

“Well,” Mrs. Weasley said as she wiped the tears from under her eyes, “We are going to have to throw you a welcome home party!”

Harry smiled graciously at her as he replied, “I’d like that very much.”

*********************************************
There were over 300 people at the party that the Weasley’s threw. It was outside the Burrow in the meadow and it was a beautiful day.

Throughout the party, Harry and Ginny seemed to be attached at the hip and completely inseparable. Everyone was walking around congratulating Harry and celebrating the death of Voldemort, even though it had happened years earlier.

Hedwig was flying above circling Harry and Ginny with something attached to her leg but no one seemed to notice except for Harry, who knew exactly what it was.

“Harry, you know that something’s attached to Hedwig’s leg?” Ginny mumbled as Harry shook hands with Fred Weasley.

Harry’s face lit up, as if he wanted Ginny so know. Then, he did something that everybody was waiting for him to do.

First, Harry whistled very loudly and everyone immediately grew quiet and turned to face him. “I have an announcement, well, more of a question,” Harry said as Hedwig swooped down onto his shoulder. Harry took the small box off of Hedwig’s leg as he got down on one knee and looked up at Ginny.

Ginny gasped and tears began to fill up her eyes.

“Ginny, from the moment I met you, I knew we were going to be great friends. But then, it turned into much more then friends. When I left to battle Voldemort, you had full confidence in me and you always knew that I would make it through. Without your love, I wouldn’t be where I am today. If you were not part of my life, I would probably be dead. I have wanted to ask you this for so long, and I’m sorry you had to wait so long. But, thank you for waiting. I love you, Ginny, so please…will you marry me?” Harry said as he opened the box that had been attached to Hedwig’s leg. A dazzling reddish-pink diamond shined into the world.

“Oh Harry! Yes! Of course!” And she ran into his arms as they kissed.

It was like in one of those fairy tales where everyone lives happily ever after…but they didn’t know what their life together would hold.

*************************************************
It was exactly a week before the Harry and Ginny’s wedding and everyone was preparing and getting ready at Hogwarts. Ginny and Harry decided to take a walk away from all the chaos for a few minutes.

“Let’s go down to the Quidditch Field,” Harry whispered in her ear, “I have something to show you.”

As they walked down to the field holding hands, Ginny couldn’t help but remember when she had been locked up in the school while Harry had been off fighting Voldemort.

When they arrived at the field, Harry led her over to a tree. Ginny smiled as she saw what was engraved on the tree and traced her fingers over the words as she gave Harry a kiss.


Harry Potter
And
Ginny Weasley
Forever


Right underneath those words was a quote that Harry picked out and had engraved in the tree. Once again, she traced the words with her fingers as she looked forward to the rest of her life with Harry because she knew she was going to have the best time of her life.

Sometimes there are no second chances
No timeouts
Sometimes, its now or never


**********************************************************

A/N: Okay everyone”I’m finished! I’ve had so much writing this story and hearing everyone’s feedback for it. I hope you all liked the ending…I left it kinda open”why? For the sequel of course! I’ve already started writing it”it’s called I’ll Be There and I’ll be posting it on the site soon and I hope you all read it! I’m also going to be writing a one-shot just about Harry and Ginny’s wedding (related to this story) if you all want me to”so let me know!

Here’s a short excerpt from I’ll Be There:

Ginny ran around the kitchen chasing Lily, “I’m gonna get you!” She giggled as she chased around her daughter who reminded her of Harry in every which way. Thinking of Harry made her heart hurt because he wasn’t there like he used to be. In fact, he wasn’t there at all.
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=9759