At Last! by weasleylover04
Summary: What is Ginny's true desire? Will she ever get what she really wants? Read and find out! (One-shot)
Categories: Harry/Ginny Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1310 Read: 2186 Published: 01/11/05 Updated: 01/11/05

1. The day they fell in love! by weasleylover04

The day they fell in love! by weasleylover04
I couldn't believe it! I just couldn't believe it! I had finally reached my fifth year at Hogwarts!

At last!

Even though it was the year when I would do my O.W.Ls, I was still really excited about it. It was also my brother Ron's sixth year so he got to enjoy doing N.E.W.T lessons.

"Serves him right," I thought, sitting at the Gryffindor Table, waiting for breakfast to appear.

"Morning Gin," Ron smiled as he sat down next to me, holding Hermione's hand.

"Morning," I said, returning the smile. I was really happy for Ron and Hermione. It had taken them a while to noticed that they fancied each other, but when they did, they REALLY noticed.

I looked around and noticed, with a frown, that one of the trio was missing.

Harry.

"He's not still refusing to come down to breakfast is here?" I sighed, agitated.

Hermione shook her head and stared at Ron. I knew they had probably tried their hardest to get him to come to breakfast, but Harry wouldn't listen.

"Someone needs to knock some sense into his head," I said hotly.

"Ginny!" Hermione cried. "He's grieving!"

"I know, Hermione, but he's not the only one who has been grieving this summer! He's not given one thought to what Moony must feel!" I replied, my cheeks growing hot with anger. "All he thinks about is himself and I'm getting really sick of it!"

"Oh no! Here comes the temper!" Ron muttered, edging away from me quite quickly.

With all thoughts of breakfast forgotten, I ran out of the Great Hall, knocking a few first years on my way, and up to the Gryffindor Common Room to give him a piece of my mind.

I stamped up the Boy's Staircase and banged on Harry's dormitory door.

"Harry Potter! I know you're in there so you'd better open this door or I'll hex you so badly that no-one will even recognise you!"

I tried to open the door, but it was locked tight.

I heard something moving in there and with my arms folded across my chest, I waited for Harry to open the door.

The door opened and my mouth fell open.

It wasn't Harry.

It wasn't even a boy.

It was Lavender. Lavender Brown.

"Harry isn't here," she said, her brown hair slightly messed and her cheeks red.

"What the heck are you doing in the boy's dorm?" I asked, still shocked.

"She's with me," came a voice. It was Dean.

I felt my heart stop for a second. It couldn't be. Dean wouldn't do that! He was my boyfriend, but then I slowly came to realise he had done. He had been kissing Lavender Brown behind my back.

"H-How long?" I asked, my voice shaking with building tears.

"Since the beginning of the year," Dean muttered, avoidng my gaze.

"You-You....," I shouted, but I didn't finish because the next thing I knew, I was running down the stairs, past Ron and Hermione who were just coming in the Common Room and out of the castle.

My heart ached and my eyes stung as the full effect of what happened hit me like a curse.

I fell to my knees and sobbed hard into my hands, not caring if anyone heard me. I was hurt. I was hurt so badly that I didn't know if I'd ever heal. How could Dean have done? I loved him and he went after someone behind my back without telling me!

"Why?" I sobbed. "I thought he loved me!"

"Ginny?" came a new voice.

Slowly looking up with red-rimmed eyes, I saw Harry gazing down at me with concern and worry.

"What's wrong?" he asked, kneeling down beside me.

Without thinking, I threw myself into his arms and cried like I had never cried before.

"I-I thought he loved me!" I sobbed into his chest. "B-But he w-was s-seeing someone e-else!"

"You mean Dean?" he asked.

I nodded, still crying. I felt Harry's grip on me tighten and I could feel him stroking my hair, hear him making soothing sounds.

After a while, the tears dried up and I was able to look up at Harry, my eyes red and puffy.

"I'm sorry!" I said, embarrassed.

"Don't be," Harry replied. "You've just be hurt really badly! I would've been surprised if you hadn't cried!"

I gave a small sniff and thought this would be the only time to ask.

"Harry?" he whispered. "Why won't you talk to us about Sirius?"

I felt him stiffen slightly at the mention of his godfather's name. He didn't say anything a while. He sighed.

"Because I didn't think you would understand," he muttered quietly. "I felt-I felt as if his death was my fault."

I shook my head.

"It was never your fault!" I said softly. "You couldn't have stopped him from falling into the veil! If it's anyone's fault, it's Lestrange and Tom's!"

I heard a small sniff.

"It's okay to cry, Harry," I said, looking up into his watering emerald eyes. "I know you're grieving, but you have to remember you're not alone! We all miss Sirius, especially Remus! Don't close us out, Harry, not when you need us the most!"

"But if I don't close everyone out now, then I put everyone in danger," Harry said, his emerald eyes turning away and staring out at the lake.

"Harry, you can't think like that! You have to know that we are stronger together! Surely you should know that! You need us, and we need you......I need you!"

I looked down at my hands.

I had just told my biggest crush in short words that I still liked him. Now what was I going to do? He's going to go back to thinking I'm nothing more than his friend's baby sister!

"How could I be so stupid?" I thought, mentally scolding myself.

Suddenly I felt go gently under my chin and lift my face up to those eyes I loved so much.

"I know, Ginny, I know," Harry said with a smile. "I just don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me."

I sighed.

"Don't worry! You'll keep us safe. You always do!"

I felt my heart beat get faster as I gazed to Harry's emerald eyes. Slowly, we leant forward and before I could think, we were kissing.

My heart stopped again for the second time that day. He had kissed me. Harry Potter, the boy I swore I wouldn't fall for again, had kissed me. We backed away, leaving me with a feeling of need and confusion and intense love.

"Harry, don't!" I muttered. "I've loved you once. I swore to myself that i wouldn't do it again unless you truly loved me!"

"I do," he said quietly. "I've never felt like this for anyone before."

The look in his eyes wasn't the one I had seen him wear just moments before. It wasn't a haunted look. It was one of love. Love for me.

"Say it, Harry!" I said, a smile twitching at the corner of my lips.

Harry smiled.

"I love you, Ginny Weasley, and you'll just have to put up with it!" he said.

I smiled back.

"Oh, I think I can try!" I replied and kissed him in a way that I had only dreamt about.

He was mine and I was his...at last!
This story archived at http://www.mugglenetfanfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=9924