Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Godric's Hollow by Arthur Weasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Voldemort approached the stairs and began to ascend. Lily began to panic. “No, no, please, no. Not now, not here.” She turned around and saw her baby lying in the cradle. “Harry, please…” But what she was asking she did not even know. As the footsteps grew louder and slower, Lily’s thoughts became rushed and chaotic. She turned to the only comfort known left to her, and hugged her child as if it were the last thing she were to do.

“Stand aside. Stand aside, girl!” the cold voice rang out behind her. Lily turned and faced her worst nightmare, Voldemort, in her baby’s room. Dumbly, she began to utter what she knew to be her final words.

“Not Harry! Not Harry! Please “ I’ll do anything ““

“Stand aside, you silly girl… stand aside, now….”

“Not Harry, not Harry, please not Harry!”

“The child will die tonight, and there is nothing you can do about it. Stand aside!”

“Not Harry! Please…have mercy…have mercy….”

“I will not waste my time with you, girl. I am asking you for the last time, stand aside!”

“Not Harry, please no, take me, kill me instead”“

Voldemort flashed a cruel smile at Lily. “Very well, girl. You shall join your husband! AVADA KEDAVRA!” Another jet of green light poured from the wand. A terrible scream rang out through the night, and the baby woke up, adding his own screams to the room.

“That nuisance out of the way, finally, it’s time for me to meet Harry.” Voldemort approached the cradle and peered in. A baby with untidy black hair and green eyes issuing tears was lying there. “You are the end of it all, boy. You are the only one who can possibly unseat me, and after tonight I will be unstoppable.” Voldemort’s mind flashed back to the prophecy that his loyal servant had recounted to him: THE ONE WITH THE POWER TO VANQUISH THE DARK LORD APPROACHES…BORN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THRICE DEFIED HIM, BORN AS THE SEVENTH MONTH DIES…

“You are the key to securing my place. And now, to kill a prophecy...” Voldemort raised his wand and placed it dead center with the boy’s forehead. “Prepare to be reunited with your foolish parents. AVADA KEDAVRA!” The green light poured once more from the wand.