Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Promises by Little Loony

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Aime arrived with a thud and a puff of soot in the Lupin’s fire place at 10:30 in the morning. Much to the amusement of Remus, Aime stumbled coughing and spluttering out of the grate and into the kitchen.

“Hi. Remind me never to use my Grandma’s fire place to floo you.” Aime said looking a little aggravated. “I am telling you she hasn’t used that damn thing in years. Look at me I’m covered in soot my hair is a mess and I am rambling in front of your parents. Why didn’t you tell me to shut up?” she blathered on in one breath whilst knocking soot off her jeans.

“Aime, why would I do that when you were going such a nice shade of pink?” Remus said with a smirk. “Are you going to sit down or just stand there and make the place look untidy?” asked Remus feigning innocence.

Aime gave her friend a mock death glare and sat beside him at the breakfast table. As this little exchange had played out Ray had been watching his son and his friend over the top of his paper and chanced a look at his wife who was at the sink washing pots, Anna Lupin was smiling into the soap suds.

“Good morning Aime. I’m Remus’ Dad. If I leave my ignorant son to the introductions we could be here until dinner time.” Ray said leaning over the table offering Aime his hand.

“Good Morning Mr Lupin.” Aime replied cordially as she shook the older mans hand.

“And this is my beautiful wife Anna.” Ray said kissing his wife on the cheek and picking up a dish cloth and proceeded to help his wife dry the pots.

“Good Morning Mrs Lupin.”

“Oh please call me Anna.” She said looking over her shoulder and smiling genially at the young girl at her table.

“You can call me Sir.” Ray said.

“Aye, Aye Sir.” Aime replied grinning at the head of the Lupin family.

Aime and Remus went and sat in the living room. Aime was greeted by a sight that was so unlike her own home that it took all of her will power to keep her jaw from scrapping on the floor. The couch was covered in a cream coloured thrown with dark blue pillows. In front of that was a low mahogany coffee table it had a couple of scratches but nothing out of the ordinary. There was what looked to be a black and white 12” screen T.V. on another smaller coffee table in the corner of the room and books all over the place. There was door onto the garden, Aime wandered over there and looked out of the freshly washed windows and was greeted with a pleasant view of a spacious garden with a couple of flower beds and a wonderful view of a small copse.

Aime and Remus had a game of Gobstones in the shabby but comfortable living room whilst they waited for Sirius, James and Peter to arrive.

Sirius arrived first. He must have let himself in because he walked past the kitchen and said “Morning Sir. Morning Anna. You’re looking’ lovely today.”

Remus rolled his eyes and stuck his head around the door. Aime grinned at Sirius when he walked in. Aime had very rarely seen him out of school uniform, but at this moment she could tell why he was the most fancied boy in the year. Sirius was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt.
“Do you like it?” Sirius asked doing a little twirl. Sirius had bought his first of many leather jackets.

“Very cool Sirius.” Remus said a little enviously.

“How much did it cost?” asked Aime.

“Not a great deal. Did you get any more of that stuff?” asked Sirius in covert tones, that weren’t actually that covert.

“Yes.” Aime said.

“What stuff?” asked Remus

“You’ll see.” Sirius replied with a grin.

“What stuff!” exclaimed Remus.

“You’ll see.” The two conspirators said in unison.

Remus looked apprehensive to say the least. Scared mindless was another way of putting it.

James and Peter arrived shortly after Peter’s Mum had brought the both of them in their brand new car. Peter was wearing a new red jumper and James was trying very hard to try and stifle his giggles as Peter kissed his Mum.

“Bye Mummy. I’ll see you at Christmas!” shouted Peter as he got the front door.

“Pete, your mum she’s…” said Sirius draping his arm over Peter’s shoulder

“So neurotic, she throws dinner parties for the voices in her head?” supplied a sniggering James. This comment was greeted with peels of laughter by the five friends.

Anna was sat in the kitchen with her husband. They were both listening to the riotous music (Glam Rock Sirius and Aime had called it) and occasional whoops and laughter from Sirius and James that was permeating the walls of their teenage son’s bedroom. Anna smiled at Ray. Ray raised his eyebrows to the roof to indicate his amusement.
“We should go out tonight.” Ray suggested “let them have the house to themselves.”

“Ray. We haven’t been out since Remus was bitten. Are you sure?” asked Anna sceptically.

“Absolutely.” Ray said.

“Ray do you think that they know?” Anna asked.

“I doubt Remus would have told them.” Replied Ray with a sigh.

The parents of one of The Rampaging Horde (Sirius new Glam Rock band) sat quietly and listened to shouts of Blass Lipstikk (Sirius), Kitty Shinola (Aime), Gene Fabulous (James), Bobby Silvers (Remus) and Dazzle Velour (Peter).

Ray and Anna left the house and went to the local muggle pub called ‘The White Horse’ at seven o’clock. Remus had locked the door behind his parents and gone back up to his bedroom. Aime and Sirius were sat on the end of his bed; Sirius was sat next to the window and Aime was sat with her palm open with three roll- up cigarettes in her hand. Remus frowned James took one and smelt it, he looked from Aime to Sirius

“Is this what I think it?” he asked. James looked suspicious about the innocuous looking cigarette. Aime looked as Remus who looked as confused as a baby in a topless bar.
“What do you think it is?” Aime asked James, eyes still locked with Remus’. James looked at his friends
“Is it weed?” Aime nodded in a response. Sirius opened the window and looked around the room
“So are we going to try this or what?”

The gang lit up the joints and proceeded to get quite stoned. That is until of course as many things do it all went pear shaped.

Remus was the first person to notice that James had gone very quiet. James had laid down on the floor resting his head on Remus’ Hogwarts: A History book

“Aime! Aime is he supposed to have gone that colour?” asked Remus pointing at James who had gone white and clammy and looked as though he was having some difficulty in holding his eyes open. Aime looked over at her friend stood up and walked over and crouched down next to him.
“He looks a bit pale to me. I think he’s going to puke.” Remus more or less launched himself across the room to help Aime pick James up.

“Sirius will you please help!” yelled Aime.

“I only want to be referred to as Blass Lipstikk!” Sirius replied poutily.

“Sirius I’ll refer to you as something and it won’t be Blass fucking Lipstikk.” Remus snarled.

“I’m going to be sick. Move!” James shouted lunging for the door.

James hurtled out of Remus bedroom and down the hall and into the toilets with Aime Remus and Sirius in hot pursuit. Sirius reached the door first only to have it slammed in his face; he slid down the wall and sat. Remus and Aime joined him and took up similar positions.

“Don’t think that we should be smoking that again.” Remus said his head in his hands.

Aime and Sirius looked at each other and nodded in agreement. James opened the door Aime looked up and saw that although he was still pale he was grinning from ear to ear.

“What the fuck are you smiling at” asked Sirius caustically. James continued grinning like a brain dead budgie.

“I’ve go the munchies” he said.

Aime rolled her eyes, Sirius went and got Peter who was still chilling on Remus’ bed and the five of them went down stairs and Aime introduced them to melted mars bars on toast.

The next morning after devouring 9 mars bars and half a loaf the five of them all felt a little better about the incident of the night before. Sirius and Aime were the first to wake up. Aime was laid in bed reading a book when she heard a little tapping on the door.

“Come in.” she said.

Sirius stuck his head around the door, hair all stuck up at the back and flopping into his eyes at the front, mars bar still stuck to one side of his face after Peter had hit him with the mixing spoon.

“Hi.” Aime said scratching her head.

“Morning.” Sirius said not quite meeting her eye.

“How’s James?” Aime asked.

“He’s fine. Still sleeping.” Sirius replied.

Aime nodded. “Sirius it wasn’t your fault you know. James is a big boy who can make his own decisions.” Aime said examining the green duvet cover that her hands rested on.

“Why do you always know what to say?” Sirius asked smiling at her. Remus had joined the two of them shortly after none of them wanted to talk about what could have happened to their friend.

Anna and Ray were sat at the breakfast table waiting for the hooligans to come down stairs. No sooner had Ray boiled the kettle did the boys and girl come down stairs.

“Morning” he addressed the group at large, the group responded with a unison mumble.

Anna dished out the eggs bacon sausage and tomatoes. Aime helped get the jam, butter and toast on the table.

“That’s a girl Aime. Learn your way around the kitchen at an early age.” James said tucking in to some toast.

Aime glared at him. Remus got up and helped his mother get the plates out much to the amusement of Sirius and James various comments about Remus making a great maid were passed around the table. As the family and friends all tucked into a hearty breakfast Anna turned to Aime perfectly straight faced and said

“Now remember dear, the woman that seeks to be equal to a man lacks ambition.”

Aime nearly choked on her orange juice.

Ray just grinned at his wife.” She’s right boys.” He said to the gob smacked boys.

The rest of the weekend past in a flurry of pranks, meals, jokes, meals, games and snacks. The group of them including Ray and Anna had descended on Diagon Alley with a single minded shopping ferocity that would have made Imelda Marcos proud. The friends were all put on the train at eleven and embark on their third year of education at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.


A/N: After all that I have just written I feel the need to justify it as some people will be unhappy with me. I was not aiming to promote drug use, please don’t take it that way. But lots of people in the 70’s took drugs, especially those that were involved in the Glam rock movement and since the 5 of these character were teenagers in the 70’s it only seemed fitting that I put in a little of the seventies sub-culture that I love so much. Oh and on the subject of melted mars bars on toast. They are really nice it was inspired by me and two drunken friends of mine wanting a Glasgow special, which is a battered mars bar. But we were unable to find a take-away open at 4.30 in the morning (Although there was a 24 hour garage open) so we improvised.