Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Promises by Little Loony

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: FAO: Kay/Joanie. Please could you mod this?

“I am blaming you for this Remus. How the fuck am I supposed to play guitar now?” Aime said as she stormed off down the chilly dungeon corridor, she even took Peeves by surprise when she rounded the corner in a towering temper. Peeves who had been tampering with one of the suits of armour screeched “Don’t run in the hallway!”

“Fuck off Peeves! They pair shouted in unison.

“Hey that had nothing to do with me! It wasn’t my fault! It was Sirius that put Bubotuber pus in your cauldron.” Remus shouted trying to keep up with his incensed friend.

“I never said it was your fault! I said I was going to blame you!” Aime snarled into his face at the top of the stairs.

“Why?” Remus asked.

“You could have told me! No let me rephrase that. You.” She poked him in the chest “Should have told me!” she said exasperated. Remus rolled his eyes; he doubted that she would believe that he didn’t know until she had put her hand in her cauldron to retrieve her books and Sirius had nearly wet himself laughing. Now Remus had to escort his friend to the hospital wing to have the boils on her hand popped. To say Aime wasn’t happy would have been the understatement of the year. To be totally honest Remus could have done without the hassle the full moon was a couple of days away and Remus wasn’t feeling up to arguing with Aime.

When the croaky voiced pair finally arrived in the hospital Madame Pomfrey glared at Aime as if she was the one making Remus ill. Remus almost felt guilty at the lethal look that Poppy Pomfrey was giving one of his best friends.

“Excuse me for breathing.” A rather huffy Aime snapped at Madame Pomfrey. Madame Pomfrey took a quick look at Aime’s hand and said “If you don’t change your attitude lady I could leave you like that.”

Aime had the decency to look ashamed at snapping at someone who didn’t deserve it. “Sorry” she mumbled. Madame Pomfrey looked at the mess that Bubotuber pus made of Aime’s hand snapped on a pair of gloves and got to work, but not before reminding Remus not to forget to come down on the 14th as soon as he was available. Aime looked at Remus who had suddenly taken on the appearance of a rabbit caught in headlights. “I thought that you said that you were going to see your aunt on the 14th?” she said suspiciously Madame Pomfrey looked between the two students, she saw that Remus was struggling to get out of this particular corner that she had unwittingly backed him into. “Remus why don’t you go back to class?” said Poppy. Aime closed her eyes and turned her face away as Madame Pomfrey popped the blisters on her hand but couldn’t drag her thoughts away from the fact that Remus had lied to all of them. Surely he has a good reason her brain screamed at her but he would have told us if something had been wrong wouldn’t he? She questioned herself.

“Right you’re all done. Rub this on it twice a day for three days and keep it covered for the rest of the day.” Madame Pomfrey said handing her a bottle full of olive green slime. Aime opened her eyes and was faced with a full moon on a calendar hung on the wall, the 14th was circled. Amine stared mutely at the calendar. No way it’s not possible Aime’s heart thought not probable said her brain. Aime got off the table and more or less ran back to her lesson.

Remus, Sirius, Peter and James arrived at Defence against the dark arts Class as Aime bandaged hand and all skidded around the corner nearly upending the tiny professor Flitwick. “Watch out!” he squeaked in his tiny voice.

“Sorry!” she shouted over her shoulder as she slid to a halt in front of the four of them. “Hi” she said breathlessly “I need to ask you something later.” She said to Remus. Sirius grinned James smirked and Peter opened his mouth to speak only to have James clamp his hand over his mouth.

Remus walked into his lesson and took his usual seat in front of Aime and they waited for Professor Haggarty to begin his lesson. “Good afternoon class. Could open your books to page 347 please?” This was the lesson that Remus had been dreading all term; the werewolf lesson. Remus heard Aime fidget in her seat; he could feel her eyes boring into the back of his head. Professor Haggarty continued on oblivious, he listed the symptoms that a non transformed werewolf endured before the full moon, insomnia, flu like symptoms, bouts of temper. The class took notes. Remus shifted uncomfortably in his seat at the mention of the transformation. Eyesight becomes more acute, bones elongate, tendons stretch and shift, muscles move and the spine stretches he droned on. ‘Oh Haggarty you have no idea how much it hurts, it feels like your skin is on fire’ thought Remus. The class took notes. Haggarty spoke about what happens during a transformation and how it is reported that a werewolf thinks, and still the class took notes. Remus was waiting for his cover to be blown for Aime or someone to say “but that’s just like Lupin sir.” But no-one did. The lesson seemed to last forever with Remus squirming under the intense gaze that he could feel on the back of his head. When the lesson finally ended Remus avoided all of his friends and made his way to the library to try and find some solace hiding behind a pile of books.

“Aime I’m really sorry about the pus.” Said Sirius as they left Defence against the dark arts and made their way to the front of the school.

“Forget about it.” Aime said “This is far more important. I think Remus is a werewolf.”

The spectacular array of faces being pulled was almost enough to set Aime off into a fit of giggles. Sirius was trying not to grin like a Cheshire cat. James’ mouth was open wide enough to be used as a truck tunnel and Peter looked at her as though she had grown a third eye. Aime rolled her eyes and explained the events of the day, the information that Pomfrey let slip in the hospital wing and how it all coincided with what Haggarty had told them in class, the flu-like symptoms the tiredness the irritability at the full moon. Sirius looked to James, James looked to Peter and the three of them collapsed laughing.

“Well there is only one way that we can really settle this.” Sirius said wiping tears of laughter from his eyes “Let’s go ask him.”

Aime nearly died of shock “What seriously?”

James nodded and said “Anything to get you to stop this bloody mad kick that your on.”

The four of them trudged back into school to find the elusive Remus Lupin.

Remus had immersed himself in reading a book called ‘When Devil’s Snare attacks’ by Devlin Choke when he was grabbed by the arms and forcibly removed from the library by James and Sirius. Aime and Peter were sat on the window sill outside the entire situation had Remus on edge immediately. Sirius went and sat next to Peter and James sat next to Aime.

“Remus do you have anything to tell us.” Sirius said examining his nails.

“Yeah your fly is undone.” Remus said.

Sirius went bright red and zipped up his trousers. Aime had just wiped the smirk off her face when James walked over to Remus and said “We were actually referring to where you say you go once a month.”

Remus shot daggers at Aime at this moment it didn’t matter how much he liked her or that she was a girl he could have quite happily pummelled her into unconsciousness. Aime met his eyes

“Remus, please just tell us the truth. Do you go to your aunt’s? Aime paused “or is it something else.” She finished.

Remus looked from face to face Sirius was smiling, James licked his lips and set his jaw as if waiting for the bomb to drop, Peter looked pale and worried, Aime’s face was as unreadable as he had ever seen it. Remus clenched his jaw and his fists

“I’m a werewolf.” He said quietly. Peter’s jaw dropped quite spectacularly closely followed by the rest of the foursome, Remus felt like he was living in a Tex Avery cartoon.

“I understand if you don’t want to be my friends anymore, but please don’t tell anyone else.”

Peter was the first to regain his composure he walked straight over to Remus and hugged him and when he let go Remus looked like he had just been snogged by an over excited Grindylow.

“Well mate it has to be said that the possibilities of causing chaos have now greatly increased.” James said to a stunned Remus who was doing a brilliant impression of a goldfish.

“Come or we are going to miss dinner” said the ever starving Sirius Black.

“So you don’t hate me?” Remus asked confused at the unexpected turn of events.

“Nah mate. You came clean straight away. I admire that” Sirius replied flippantly.
Aime got up off the window sill and gave him a hug. “Of all the things I’ve been right about, I wish I hadn’t been right about this.” She whispered in his ear.

It was late; past midnight as Remus laid in the hospital wing, he had been restless ever since he had told his friends that he was a werewolf. Remus had been waiting for the four of them to do something stupid and now he was having trouble sleeping through worrying about them. Remus lit the candle next to his bed and pulled out his copy of Playwitch Weekly that Sirius had so generously provided from his own stash. Remus opened it to the centrefold she was petite curly haired brunette who listed her favourite things as ‘swimming, reading and taking long walks in the moonlight.’ Remus rolled his eyes. “What is it with women and walks in the moonlight?” he muttered to himself. He heard a chuckle from behind him “Caught red handed eh Moony?” Remus sat bolt upright in bed and saw Sirius James and Peter emerge from under James’ invisibility cloak. Moony was the nickname that they had given him since the ‘coming out’ incident. “I wasn’t doing anything.” Remus said indignantly. “Where is Aime?”

“Don’t know she was supposed to meet us at the knight. But we couldn’t see her. She might have got caught.” Peter said.

“Shit. Hide someone’s coming.” James said looking behind screen. At that the boy’s hide under the invisibility cloak and kept as still as three teenage boys under a sheet of material can. Remus looked concerned, that was until he heard a clatter of a bedpan and “bollocks” whispered.

“Aime, is that you?” Remus whispered quietly.

“Course it’s me. Who do you think it is Elisabeth the centre fold?” Aime whispered back.

“Moony has never been that lucky.” Sirius whispered re-emerging from under the cloak.

Aime perched on the bed next to Remus the other three visitors all stood at the end of the bed grinning from ear to ear and looking like they were about to burst in to a rendition of “Time Warp” from the musical Rocky Horror Picture show. Remus looked from Aime to the musical trio and back again. Aime just stared at the three of them. James took a deep breath and began “We have something to say. It’s not going to be easy but we are going to do it anyway.” James looked at Sirius and Peter stood either side of him. “We are going to keep you company when you’re your other self.”

“No, No your not.” Remus said as though this statement would resolve the madness.

“Yes, Yes we are.” Sirius replied.

“Let me finish.” James said putting his finger to his lips to signal for quiet. “We know that we can’t keep you company in our human forms, so what we are going to do is become Animagi.”

Aime nearly fell off the end of the bed. “What! You can’t, that spell is so complicated you’ll never do it.”

“Aww come on Aime don’t piss on our chips.” Sirius said as he cracked his knuckles.

Aime rolled her eyes and turned to Remus who had gone quite still. “You’d seriously do that for me?” he asked quietly.

“Moony, mate we’d do almost anything for you. You’d do it for us.” Peter said.

“But right now Sirius is going to scrawl creative graffiti all over moaning myrtles bathroom. She fancies him you know.” James said with an evil glint in his eye.

“Shut Up!” yelled Sirius. Peter jumped up and clamped his hand over Sirius’ mouth. Aime smiled walked up to Sirius and said “Race you.” At that Aime ran from the hospital ward.

“Wait your going to get caught.” Peter said waddling after them.

“Once more into the breach.” James said pulling his cloak over his head and running after them. Leaving a tired but happy Remus ‘Moony’ Lupin in their wake.

Remus wandered over to the lake where James and Peter were sat the next morning. James was playing around with a snitch that he had nicked and Peter was staring in awe. “Morning.” Remus said as he sat down, he looked around for Aime and Sirius “Where’s Aime and Sirius?” he asked.

“Detention. Filch caught them.” James said grimly

“Where were you two?” asked Remus in disbelief.

“Hiding under the cloak.” Peter said simply.

James told the tale of how Aime and Sirius were writing creative wanted ad’s on the walls when Peeves had come screeching in tailed by Filch and Filch’s face lit up like a Christmas tree when found two student out of bed. Filch took great pleasure in dishing out two detentions for them to clean the walls.

“If we hurry we can go and see them clean off the Allyson one.” James said eagerly.

The trio ran up to the girl’s toilet and saw Aime dump a bucket of water on Sirius’ head. And written above the sink in bright red ink pen was ‘FOR A GOOD TIME CONTACT ALLYSON WONDERLAND.’

A/N: For those of you that don’t know or are too young to know Tex Avery was a cartoonist who’s most famous creations are The Wolf (no pun intended) Droopy and Screwy Squirrel. However I can only think of one reference to guide you to the image that you need. In the film ‘Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?’ (1988) there is a scene where Eddie Valiant (Bob Hoskins) first sees Jessica Rabbit his jaw hits the table top and his eyes spring out of his head. That’s the image.