Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Promises by Little Loony

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N:For Kaykay /Joanie.

Disclaimer: I haven't done one of these for a while, so just remind you all concepts belong to JKR. Except any one you don't recognise they are mine.

June 31st 1978.

The great halls looked stunning the students were laughing and frighteningly enough so were the teachers, even Damant. Aime noted absently as she twiddled with a bright purple streamer. The Marauders as they had become known to close friends were busy setting up their swansong. Lily was glaring at James, but without the malice of earlier years. Beth ran up to Aime from the opposite side of the Hall tripping over a book bag and falling headlong into Aime’s knees.

“Oh God I’m never going to see you again!” Beth cried dramatically.

“Aren’t you coming out to night?” Aimed asked grinning.

“No. I won’t get served.” Replied Beth sobbing into the shoulder of Aime’s robe leaving a big wet patch in her wake.

“I think you have had enough already.” Sirius her now ex-boyfriend (in fact he, Sirius had become ex-boyfriend of all of Aime’s close friends. Mel, Joan and Jasmine in turn had all suffered the charms of one Sirius Black) said from behind Aime.

“Oh Sirius, I’m going to miss you.” Beth said flinging her self bodily at him.

“Your aim will get better.” Aime mumbled to the prostrate pair as she walked away shaking her head.

As Aime approached the Slytherin table Remus gave her the nod to say everything was in place. Sirius extracted himself from Beth’s drunken death grip and James extracted himself from Lily. Peter was already quite conspicuously hovering near the Syltherin table. Which wasn’t really unexpected since he started seeing some blonde pug faced Slytherin bimbo.

“Oh Peter!” She cooed at him clinging on to his chubby arm. “Where are you going? I thought that you had to ask me something important?” she simpered at him.

“Dolly. It is important but I just have to do this first.” Peter said extracting his arm.

“Fine! Go! And It’s Dolores” she hissed at him.

Aime smiled at Peter’s plight she always knew he’d end up marrying someone just like his mother.


As Aime neared the table Severus Snape’s beetle black eyes snapped up and glared hostilely at her. Aime swallowed and put her hand in her wand pocket. Severus stood obviously waiting for the last stand off. Severus put his hand in his pocket and produced his wand. Sirius watched from the Hufflepuff table hand in pocket. James was in the doorway and Remus (who was stood nearest to Aime to get her out of the way of stray spells) watched intently as Aime took four, more steps closer to the marauder’s arch rival, the boy who Remus had nearly killed, the man who had venomously rejected Lily’s help and affection, the person that they had picked on and bullied since the first year and put down her wand. Aime offered him her hand. James licked his lips; Sirius was drumming his fingers on his knees. Peter was rocking on the balls of his feet and Remus felt like he was sweating off half of the river Thames. Severus didn’t look like he was buying this his wand remained at shoulder height, he sneered at Aime.

“Severus I’ve not come to fight with you. I’ve actually come to apologise.” Aime said in an amazingly steady voice.

“It would take you years to apologise for what you and your friends have done to me.”

Severus paused and pointed at Remus who was now stood directly behind Aime, although now he stood a whole foot taller than her.

“And that behind you needs to be kept on a lead.” He said in a low and dangerous voice.

Remus had no time to restrain Aime, she threw a nasty punch at Severus it connected with his nose. (A/N: Oh come on how could it not?) Severus fell flat on his backside.

“Ferula!” Aime yelled as she grabbed her wand and pointed it at Severus.

“Impudice!” Shouted Remus as Sirius and James ran across the room. Peter cast the ‘sonorous’ spell on his throat and said “ flameninis adlevo”. Three hundred and forty six fireworks of various colours, size and power erupted around the room covering the NEWT graduates in glitter, streamers and bright green goo, if you were a Slytherin that is. The teachers looked like they were fighting off a sudden bout of giggles.

Remus who had been thoroughly covered in orange glitter wrapped his arm around Aime’s waist and tried to lead her away. Aime squirmed away and walked directly up to a incensed Severus and snarled in his face

“Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris. Your positively disposable.” Aime walked away with Remus, Purple glitter falling off in a twinkling trail behind her. She looked like and irate pixie when she flopped down at the Ravenclaw table. Professor Connolly came and sat beside her

“Miss Hunter, if only you put as much effort into your potions work.” He said with a heavy sigh “Although the orange Catherine Wheel was wonderful.” He added with a smile.

“Thanks Prof, it clashed obscenely with your scarf.” (Which incidentally today was bright blue with pink polka dots.) Aime grinned. Professor Connolly walked back to the staff table picking up a handful of orange glitter as he passed and unceremoniously dumped it onto the head of Professor Damant.

Aime looked around the Great Hall this was the last time she was going to see many of the people she called friends. Jasmine still had another year left at Hogwarts. Mel and Joan were going to travel to America, Australia and Romania. So seeing the two of them was going to be rare. James and Lily had gotten a flat in Surrey, Sirius was already living in Hogsmeade above the pub which suited him fine. Remus had been given his parents summer cottage in Dover and Aime all being well was going to live with her Mother. The students finally settled at their house tables and were waiting for the final speeches to be given, the final house points to be awarded and their final meal as Hogwarts students. Aime shifted uncomfortably in her seat as Professor Dumbledore straightened his deep red robe, blue eyes a twinkle.

“Now children,” he paused and smiled around the hall. “It seems some what inappropriate that I should call you children when most of you,” Aime was sure his eyes lingered slightly on Sirius and James. “Have grown into fine up standing adults. When I started as Headmaster seven years ago I never expected to become as attached to you all as I have. And I will miss each and every one of you. I have never been given as much trouble and strife by any students other than a certain group who shall remain nameless.” Dumbledore paused and grinned at the discomfort that he had created in four Gryffindor boys and one Ravenclaw girl. “Nor have I been filled with as much pride for all of you.” Professor McGonagall wiped a tear from behind her glasses. Even Professor Damant looked more miserable than usual. Professor Dumbledore continued “Now as you embark on growing up remember that reality can be the most difficult thing to face. However our friends can help us overcome any trials that may come our way.

In the times that will come to pass I feel that strong allies maybe the key. I will ask one more thing of all of you remember all of the things that you have learnt here. To be brave and Loyal.” With that comment he looked at the Gryffindor table each one of them looked like they were about to burst with pride. “To be resourceful and to do what I takes in any given situation.” He looked at the Slytherins. “Work for what is good and not for what is easy.” This was a comment that seemed to be directed at the Hufflepuffs. “To do what it takes and to not loose yourself in the process. And apply all of your knowledge to doing the right thing.” The Ravenclaw table stirred at Dumbledore’s words. The Great Hall was deathly quiet. Quiet that is until Peeves came screeching through the great hall being pursued by and orange Catherine wheel. The great hall erupted into laughter as there were very few things that could get the better of peeves.

Remus, Sirius and James apparated to the alleyway behind the Old Mother Black Cap walked in and waited for Lily and Aime to arrive. James was feeling distinctly uncomfortable because he didn’t know what state his girlfriend was going to be in after she had finished trying to prettify Aime.

Lily had hijacked Aime at the end of the day, which was bizarre in itself since Aime and Lily didn’t really get on with each other. James however had asked Lily to make and effort with Aime since she was good friend of his, which in Aime’s opinion was why Lily didn’t like her. Aime however was feeling generous so she allowed Lily to make her a doll for the night and after hours of primping, curling and squeezing into things and hobbling around in ridiculously high heels Aime and Lily were ready. When Lily and Aime descended from Lily’s room Aime was confronted with a sight so disgusting that she nearly turned tail and ran. It was Lily’s sister Petunia all stringy black hair horsy teeth and googly eyes in a vile green dress. Unfortunately that was only half of the fright. Petunia’s boyfriend Vernon Dursley, who was so fat that he had to put his belt on with a boomerang. Were stood at the bottom of the stairs necking. They broke apart

“Well it’s about time.” Vernon said quite gruffly “We thought that you had decided not to go. Shall we go Petty dear?” As the four of them headed to the beige 1976 dolomite sprint Aime whispered

“No offence, but your sister is no Lauren Bacall. I think you got the looks.” Lily smirked at her new found friend.

Sirius had gotten the drinks in whilst they waited for the girls to arrive. Remus was being given the eye by a girl with long brown curly hair. Remus being a gentleman smile politely back at her. James was fidgeting which was unusual. The brunette at the bar came over to Remus and started talking to him.

“Hi, my name is Maria.” She said offering him her hand

“Dave.” Remus said totally straight faced. Sirius squirted his pint straight out of his nose, even James was giggling.

“Nice to meet you Dave” Maria said. Before Remus had time to breathe the little brunette jumped in his lap and snogged him. She pulled away smiled and walked away leaving the lads in a stunned silence.

“Did that just happen?” James asked Sirius. Sirius nodded as did a rather dumbstruck Remus.

Aime and Lily climbed out of the back of the car and walked into the pub to shouts of “Oh My god they are here!” and “Miracles do happen!” and “Wow. Aime has legs!” from James Sirius and Remus respectively. Aime gave them the finger and sat down she cheekily took a swing of Remus’ Guinness.

“Euch. How can you drink that stuff it tastes like burnt. Non- specific burnt.” Remus just grinned.

“You look lovely.” He said.

Aime frowned at him “Have you had one too many of those? I look like a fucking shire horse on stilts.” She replied.

“Well you’re a pretty shire horse.” He whispered in her ear. Aime just grinned at him.

James and Lily were cuddled up at the opposite end of the booth when an all mighty “YES!” came ringing out from Lily direction. Perforating the eardrums of all in a two mile radius. James had proposed to her.

“Get the drinks in Moony!” hollered Padfoot.

“You get the drinks. I got the last round. What I am some mystical fountain of love and cheap wine” Moony shouted back.

“I’ll get the drinks in!” shouted Kitty Shinola. With that Aime disappeared into the thick of the crowd at the bar. Aime came back ten minutes later laden with drinks and a bottle of cheap white wine. As time passed and the Marauders got drunk and more and more unaware of the passing of time. As the bell rang for last orders Aime jumped out of her seat and shouted “oh no I missed the last bus to the train station!”
Sirius being a fountain of knowledge when drunk shouted “Why don’t you apparate?” James clamped his hand over Sirius mouth and hissed in his ear. Remus who was very drunk offered to apparate Aime home

“What so you can take advantage of me in my drunken state.” Slurred Aime.

“Well if I didn’t think that you’d kill me the next morning I would.” Remus smiled at her cheekily.

“Do you two want to be left alone?” asked Sirius stumbling for the door. Aime stuck her tongue out at him and the five of them stumbled behind the pub.

James took Lily home. Sirius apparated to his flat above the three broomsticks for a little after hours drinking with Rosmerta. Aime and Remus apparated on to Aime’s front garden. Which is exactly where they found Aime’s mother, passed out in a rose bush with her hair in a pool of puke and her underwear in her hand.

“Aime is that your mum?” Remus asked.

“Yeah.” Said Aime.

“Is she ok.” Remus asked plainly concerned about the woman

“She will be just don’t let her…too late.” Aime replied as her mother woke and staggered to her feet.

“Aime! Shweetie, what a shurprise. And who is this terribly attractive man you have brought to shee me.”

“Mum, Remus. Remus this My Mother.” Aime growled from between gritted teeth.

“Nice to meet yo...” Remus couldn’t finish his sentence since Aime’s mum had jumped on him like a randy she-goat.

“Mum! Get off him! Mum For fuck sake!” Aime yelled prying her mother off a bewildered Remus.

“Aww Aime you never let me have any fun!” Pouted Aime’s mother.

Aime scowled at her mother. “Come on Remus lets go.” Aime said trying to usher Remus away from the vile banshee that was her mother.

“Oh! That’s rite Aime! You take him away just like you drove your father away!” screamed the drunk. “You ruined my life Aime! I hate you…do you know that!? I HATE you. You turned your brothers against me!” Aime’s Mother advanced on her a few steps and poked her in the chest. Aime glared at her and screamed back

“Mom, you did that all by yourself. You never looked after them! You never deserved to have them!”

“I never wanted them! I never wanted You! Get the fuck away from me! Get away! Go! You ruined my life!” Aime's mother screamed back. The drunk woman slapped her daughter hard across the face. Aime slapped the older woman back.

“I hate you Aime. Get out of my sight!” the older woman said holding her cheek.

“That’s a real shame Mom because I love you.” Aime murmured back.

“Leave me alone Aime. Find somewhere else to live.” Spat the older woman.

Remus had watched the exchange between the two women in stunned amazement. As Aime turned around to face him he could see that she had tears in her eyes all he could do was hug her. “Come on you can stay with me until you can find another place.” He whispered into her hair, he felt her nod, then they apparated.

A/N: My Latin sucks so these just words that I have found on various websites. The phrases are just words thrown together for my own purposes, I apologise profusely if you know latin and I have just butchered the language for you.
“Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris -If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar."
Impudice- Loose.
flameninis adlevo - Blow up