Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Ever Secret Diary of Sirius Black by Amalynne

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I Amalynne O’Hara own the rights to absolutely zippo of Rowling wondrous creation. All characters and names belong to her, save for a few of my own. I was chastised by my peers for not adding disclaimers to my first chapters. But really, who reads them anyway?



Remus skipped an uneventful Sunday entry, and turned to Monday.

Monday September 8th:

He was whisked into darkness and a peaceful silence. Moonlight played on the floor and wispy curtains billowed at an open window. There was the buzz of slight snoring, of even breaths in dream, and the creak of floorboards. A little brown something dashed through the window. There was a thud and then...

“Aaaaah! Sweet Jesus, don’t let her at me!”

A depthy snore came from one side of the room, there was another thud and a moan.

What the-? James, was that you?”

A voice rasped and choked as it spoke, “Padfoot I nearly died, you should know!”

“Peter? Turn on the lights, what’s going on?”

Someone fumbled across the floor and a dim bedside lamp flickered on. Tangled in his bed sheets, Sirius shielded his eyes from the light. Peter was on the floor, his nightshirt damp with perspiration, his dull wisps of hair standing on end, and his lip quavering with something of fear or shock, either of which Remus could only guess.

“N-nearly died!” squalled Peter, flinging his arms around himself for comfort.

Sirius rubbed his eyes andthrew his covers off him, “What’s it you’re blubbering about?”

James snored loudly in his bed, and Sirius jettisoned a roll of socks at his head, “Oh dammit James, get up! Remus?”

“I’m up, I’m up!” cried a groggy voice from a clump of sheets that was Moony. “What’s going on? It’s not but five yet!”

Peter pulled himself up shakily, by a near bedpost and James was finally aroused with a kick from Sirius.

“Okay Peter, just tell us what happened!” demanded Sirius.

All attention was on Peter as they waited for him to explain his perils. He took in a wavering breath and began his stuttering explanation. “W-well you know how w-we always said we’d like to play fly in the wall in the girl’s dorm...” he paused reddening.

Some awed looks were exchanged by the Marauders. Could this possibly be so? Could Peter have found an answer to the mystery that had so vexed them for six years, the way safely into female dormitories? Sirius looked exceedingly doubtful, but became violent when Peter failed to continue, the suspense too much to handle. “Spit it out!”

Peter jumped and released the hem of his nightshirt, which he had been twining nervously around his fingers. “Oh yes well uh... see, I um, I decided to play rat on the floor.”

James’ eyes became wild and crazed as he leapt from his bed with excitement, grabbing Peter by his shirt collar. “Did it work Pete? Did it? Talk Peter, talk!”

Peter backed away, rubbing his neck sorely, experiencing a raw burn from the attack.

“It worked,” he said hoarsely, “All to well it worked. I went through the window,” Peter pointed to the open panes.

“Well we figured that much, but how did you get in without... dieing?” Sirius asked, still disbelieving that mousy Peter could have developed the brains to penetrate the genius of the school’s founders.

Peter rubbed his nose and shifted uncomfortably, “Well, it was something you said, Padfoot.”

Me?

“Uh huh, remember you talked about someone levitating you in through the window?”

Sirius furrowed his brows, feeling a bubbling of anger, that Peter’s genius just might have been his own. “Vaguely,” he answered.

Peter was wringing his hands about wildly as he floundered for the words, “S-see, I figured, since I heard you talking about Evans... and um everything, I just thought I might hear what the girls really had to say. It’s just well, there are cracks in the walls between the two staircases... I found that out by accident, but they lead straight into the girl’s dorms. You can um, slip through the window too if you like, there’s more space that way. Prongs, the dormitory didn’t seem to know the difference when I was Wormtail, it can’t decipher gender in animagi form, lucky huh?”

Peter received no immediate response, all the Marauders were too shocked to speak, amazed at Peter’s dumb luck, Sirius could nearly have killed him for it.

“You mean to tell me...” James began slowly, “That we could have gotten in all along, just as... as animals!”

Peter nodded eagerly, grinning with bashful pride.

“But there has to be more you can tell us!” cried Moony, “What did you hear? You heard them talking didn’t you?”

Moony’s question was drowned out by Sirius who was more intrigued by the means of entry into the girl’s dormitories than of the girl’s themselves.

“So if I turned into Padfoot right now, and ran up those steps, I’d be seconds away from heaven?”

“Sure, I guess if you wanted to try it you coul-”

“This doesn’t matter!” cried Moony. “What I want to know is what did they say?”

Remus smiled, he knew that Moony was most interested in what McGavott thought of him as a kisser.

Peter blinked, “They didn’t say anything, they were asleep. Well, Evans wasn’t, not for long anyway.”

James’ already widened eyes, expanded to the size of tennis balls, “Evans was up?”

Peter nodded, “She was up... crying. I think she’s still fighting with McGavott,” he said this quickly, wanting to avoid another frightening outburst from James. “She um uh... well Prongs, see she was crying in her bed and I felt bad and ...”

“Ah mush!” Sirius rolled his eyes, a little disgusted with Wormtail’s weakness to emotion. He happened to pride himself in his stony resonance and he expected others to follow in his leave. Only James was excluded from this rule.

Peter looked at his feet now, a bit ashamed, “And I-I crawled up to see what was the matter and she had this...” Peter released his fingers that had been enclosed in a tight fist at his side. Cupped in the palm of his hand, he revealed a tiny golden ball. “Uh James...” he handed it to Prongs, who took it gingerly, examining the ball in awe.

He gave a kind of shocked laugh, and turn the ball over in his hands. “A snitch!”

Peter took to wringing his nightshirt again, “Ya,” he said, with deeper embarrassment. “She almost killed me when I snatched it... then she tried to stamp at me. I just barely made it back here alive. I don’t think that’s something she’d really like to lose, she was stark determined to get it back... I really should have just dropped it, I could have lost my tail,” he sighed and mustered the courage to look back at James. “Heh, girl’s are a little skiddish of rats I guess.”

“Only of you Wormtail,” smirked Sirius.

James was still in an awestruck state, holding the snitch up to the lamp light for a better view. “My God, what would she have this for? I thought I’d lost it, last year after I...”

That cocky smirk that defined Sirius, snuck to one corner of his mouth, as he watched James. “Well I’ll say one thing, Evan’s sure has awkward fancies.”

James’ eyes darted to Sirius, “What do you mean?”

Sirius crossed his arms and grinned smartly, as if he knew something the others did not. “She treasures that ruddy ball like it was you, I’d wager. Pity that she doesn’t have it in her to admit that she’s in love with you Prongs.”

“She is?” whispered James. Though there was no need to whisper, James suddenly felt like he was holding a secret.

“Oh Sirius is joking Prongs,” said Moony.

“No, I really mean it... Evans is in love with James.”

Moony frowned, “Don’t give him ideas Sirius, that’s the worst thing you could do! It’s all probably coincidental!”

James drew in a sharp breath that caused the Marauders to look back at him. “But Moony... this is my snitch!”

“How do you know that?” Moony’s hands flew to his hips.

“Easy,” smiled James with a certain smugness, pointing to two embossed letters on the little sphere. “J.P, James Potter, it’s settled. Engraved it myself, fifth year.”

Moony grabbed the snitch from James. It was his turn to show awe, scratched into the side of the snitch was etched a jagged J and a P, that resembled a lightning bolt as it’s tail. James always wrote his name this way, he thought it gave the name some character, Potter being such a common title anyway. (A/N: Just a bit of creative background on why on the lightening bolt thing, ironic, James doesn’t know it’s true meaning yet. Spooky. I’m freaking myself out. )

“God... this can’t be Prongs. I mean... blimey, maybe she does!”

Suddenly, Remus could feel his world contort, Sirius’ diary lay in the palm of his hands and he could just barely make out the words, as a heavy wind gust brought him to the next memory.

Why does everything always have to happen in Transfiguration? It’s just my luck, I suppose.

Remus jumped at the shrillness of McGonagall’s voice.

No Black, not with Potter, NEVER with Potter! Like last week please, in the back with Collier!”

A bleak, gloomy morning shown through the high- arced panes of McGonagall’s stately classroom. She stood at the front of the class directing Sirius to his seat with her wand. Sirius, who had been ready to place himself next to James, made a face and sauntered angrily back to his table with Elise Collier and her great horn rimmed glasses. He swore and Elise gave him a sharp look, opened her mouth to say something, and then thought better of it.

“Do I have to sit here forever!” whined Sirius.

“These are permanent arrangements Black, Potter and Evans are... Evans? Where is Evans?” McGonagall scanned the room, looking for the redhead.

“Here, I’m right here professor! Sorry I’m late,” gasped Lily, dashing through the doorway. Her cheeks were deeply flushed and she was out of breath, James was in a stupor.

“No matter Evans, please be seated,” McGonagall tapped the chair next to James’. Lily frowned however slightly, and sat herself beside him.

“Late Evans? That’s not like you,” he commented with a half smile.
“Really?” she asked breathlessly, keeping her eyes to her book bag as she scrounged around for a quill.

“Really.”

James took a little golden ball from his pocket and started bobbling it in his hands. Placing a quill behind her ear, Lily turned back to James, her eyes widened with dread at the sight of the snitch.

James read her countenance. “Seen this before?” he asked, grinning a bit deviously.

Lily drew in a breath and watched the ball bounce in his hands. She blinked and looked back to him with a kind of closed expression. “That’s a stupid question, of course I’ve seen a snitch before.”

“No, but this snitch.”

Lily bit her lip and smiled faintly, “No, I can’t say I have.” She turned back from him and rummaged through her book bag once more.

James leaned in and whispered, “Aw c’mon Lils, where’ve you seen this before?”

She didn’t answer his question, but emerged with two extraordinarily large novels in hand.

“What are those for?” James wrinkled his nose.

“These? These are my saviors!” she beamed, holding out the books in admiration.

“You see, you won’t be a problem anymore.”

James hands flew to his hair, “Me a problem?”

Lily smiled, “Oh yes, it’s simple. I’ll just prop these two darlings between us and we’ll have a proper barrier.”

Lily demonstrated, placing the books upright between them. It resembled a wall, and James disliked it very much. He peeped his eyes over the top, and asked “A barrier? What do you need a barrier for?”

“You see, this is my side and that’s your side, now you can’t intrude on my space and learning.”

James’ eyes narrowed. “How ingenious of you,” he said bitterly.

“Yes isn’t it?” chirped Lily, taking up her quill and parchment, for McGonagall begun to lecture.

James slumped down on his “side”, put out by this roadblock. He could protest to the professor, but it would be doubtful that she would side with his argument. He could knock over the books, but Evans would simply hate him more. There seemed no way out, though soon, he took to the brighter side of things, playing footsie with Evans under the table.

“Would you stop it!” hissed Lily, peeping over the books.

“Stop what Evans? Really, stay off my side.”

Lily’s eyes turned to slits, and disappeared behind the barrier. On James’ side he smiled victoriously. At this rate, Evans would be sitting in his lap at dinnertime, or that’s what he thought. Women really do give mixed signals.

Mixed signals were even more evident on the other side of the room, where Sirius took another whack at Stella Sinistra, floating notes over to her desk with Davey Gudgeon. She would crumple each one up in her hands, then toss her velvet black curtain of hair behind her shoulders and glare him over loftily. He treasured those moments and winked at her when he knew she was looking. She would steal glances and roll her eyes, but Sirius had the impression that this was a merely “hard to get” session that Stella would soon be over with. Sirius had thought he’d conquered the mystery of the female mind and believed a girl played hard to get to see just how hard a male would grapple for her. He suspected Evans of this now, after the discovery of James’ snitch in her possession.

When McGonagall paired them off into to groups to practice morphing their teacups into parakeets, Sirius took a more direct approach.

“Hey Stella, Stella!” he called to her, sending his canary at her head to gain her attention (that wasn’t exactly a smooth move on his part). “You know, sooner or later your going to have to give in!”

Stella glared at him and brushed the feathers off her front, whilst clutching the life out of banana yellow canary.

“Maybe when I’m dead!” she said this harshly, but her cheeks began to rouge a tinge as her eyes met evenly with his.

“Suit yourself, but you know you could end up like ‘Nick and then I’d be hounding you forever,” drawled Sirius, kicking his feet up onto the desk, lucidly.

Stella was beginning to like the attention, and to his glee, played along.

“Is it like a Black to hound anyone? I thought you didn’t need to fish for girls, I thought they came to you?”

Sirius’ hair fell into his eyes as he cocked back his head in a laugh. “Ah, no you see that would make me arrogant, I don’t play like that, sweets.”

Stella pursed her lips, “Sweets? Oh you’re arrogant all right, you and Potter. I don’t think I could ever stand anyone needs to look in a mirror every five minutes!”

“I do not look in the mirror every five minutes, do I even carry a mirror with me? No, but you do.”

“Yes, but who has to look at himself every time he passes a window, you love your reflection Black!”

“Sounds like you’ve been doing a great deal of observing, I wish you’d let me do the same for you," he grinned winningly and Stella looked down, unable to hide a smile at the corner of her mouth. “C’mon, you like me Sinistra, go out with me!”

Her eyes flew up mechanically, “Your brother asked me yesterday, you know.”

Sirius didn’t mask his shock, “Regulus!

“Yes, and I uh... I agreed.”

A hot anger seared somewhere deep inside him, burning his throat. “You what?”

“It was to prove a point!” she burst.

“And what point is that?”

“That arrogant berks don’t win my attraction!”

“And Regulus isn’t an arrogant berk?”

Stella turned red faced and swelled, “Not as big a one as you!”

“He’s fifth year! He’s a mama’s boy, a gagging little sissy ass, and he still wets his bed!”

“Does not!”

“Well how do you know?”

Stella blushed deeply. Sirius got a sick feeling in his stomach, at having stumbled across information he really hadn’t wanted to know.

“What’s the attraction then, huh?” he badgered on.

“You think I’d tell you?”

It was a hopeless battle and Sirius could only think to end with a childish retort.

“Fine, spend a day with the git, you’ll see. Tough luck Sinistra, you’ll come crying back to me, just watch!”

“I wont come anywhere near you, have no fear of that!”

Sirius got to his feet, slamming down the legs of his chair. “You know, you really aren’t that cute after all, I think Regulus is perfect for you actually. In fact I’m so happy for the both of you, why I think I’ll just...”

“Just what?”

“Oh forget it.”

Sirius was saved, the bell rang.

N/A: I just couldn’t bear to write Snape’s return from the hospital wing (remember the eau de cologne?), seeing how it would be impossible for me to write something so delicately as not to have the Marauders spring hell out on him. But what happened was this, and I’ll have Sirius describe it for you, because he has a way of making things look better than they actually are, this usually pertains to his behavior. He’s gotten very good at over the past few years. Making up for all those detentions you know...

We’d been wondering over the last few days, if old Snivelly would ever return from the medical ward, well this afternoon our question was answered. Greasy pock faced little creep (pardon me, but I’m being very kind here, imagine the things I could be saying about the chap), thought he’d spring up on James at lunch. The idiot! He should know by now that James is too quick for him! Well, I won’t go into to detail, but all four of us, yes all four (Moony got involved in this one, Snape said some stuff about muggle borns that set Remus in a right state!), have detention.

Something happened though, he said some things that didn’t quite make sense, he talked about full moons and mentioned Remus. “Just watch out for Lupin!” that’s what he said, I don’t know what the heck he meant by it, it just really shook Moony up, he took it rather harshly, it’s what really got him detention I think. I was never aware that he knew how to do fluboyancy charm until this afternoon.

So we all have Friday set up to serve our detention. Lovely isn’t it? We just get done with one detention for Filch and we’re thrown another one. Oy! We still need to get him back, I’ll consult James on a good date to fix our caretaker up with a joy ride. So, that’s all the space I want to devote in my diary to Snivellus, he really doesn’t deserve a sentence in my thoughts. See, I am generous, I’ve given him a whole paragraph!


Back to the events of Monday, September 8th...

It appeared to be night. Sirius and James sat alone in the common room, talking in hushed tones at the fireside.

“He said watch out for Lupin!” said James, “You don’t think he’s got it in for Remus?”

Sirius sat with his legs crossed on the floor, while James stood above him with grave expression. “Even if he does, there’s nothing he can do, can he? I mean, we’d just jinx him,” Sirius yawned.

James bit his lip and ran his fingers through messy schemes of hair, “You suppose he... knows?”

“Of course not,” said Sirius, quickly. “How could he? None of us’ve blabbed.”

“Peter maybe,” James considered slowly.

Sirius’ eyes widened fearfully for a moment, but returned to their heavy lidded state, “Peter’s stupid, but not that stupid.”

“He could have slipped something! Remember on the train, he was stuck in the Slytherin car for a good hour, maybe he said something then.”

“Impossible,” insisted Sirius. “We asked him didn’t we, if he said anything about Remus. He said no, remember?”

“Ya, I remember,” James muttered, a hint of unease in his voice. He sighed and brought himself to a smile. “Well, we’ll just have to keep a sharper eye on that rat, Snape.”

Sirius shrugged indifferently, much wearied with this conversation, anything mind boggling was no use discussing in Sirius opinion, not if it was Snape anyway.

“Hey! You’ll want your beauty sleep James, big day tomorrow! Must look sharp for sixteen.”

“Oh!” James had obviously forgotten. “Ya, well it’s o-only, o-” he yawned greatly, “Only a number. I don’t see why it matters.”

“C’ourse it does!” said Sirius, getting to his feet.

“Why? What, are you planning something? Don’t get any funny ideas. Hey, why are you grinning like that? Knock it off, you look queer! You’re planning something aren’t you?” prodded James.

Sirius threw up his hands, as if to surrender, “No, no, you know I wouldn’t. Since it bothers you.”

James eyed him suspiciously. “You know if you are planning something, it better not make me look like an idiot in front of Evans.”

“Oh I wouldn’t dream of it, you’re very good at that on your own.”

James rumpled his hair, “You’re so encouraging Padfoot. But today you... you know, I think I got somewhere with her.”

“Bully for you. Sinistra still hates the hell out of me. At least Evans is warming up to you.”

“Well she still hates me, I just think I got a little closer to my goal.”

“And what’s that?”

“I figure if I can’t win her heart, I might as well win her soul.”

Sirius was growing more perplexed, “And how’s that?”

“If by some miraculous chance I happen to save her life, she’ll be indebted to me forever more and I figure she can pay me back by marriage.”

“Wipe that stupid grin off your face Prongs, I hope your joshing me!”

“Righto good boy!” James wiped his mouth with his shirtsleeve and relayed a frown.

“Amusing. Oh James, we’re wayward men, what are we going to do? I can’t stand it, I want a girl!”

James’ grin returned. “Jennings will volunteer,” he said breezily. (N/A: Just to refresh your memory, Blaire Jennings is another girl gone ga ga for Sirius).

Sirius grimaced, “You know what I mean.”

James loosened his necktie, and slumped into a chair at Sirius’ side. “Sorry mate, but I don’t think you’ll have luck with Sinistralike Remus did with McGavott.”

Sirius gazed at the dieing embers alit in the hearth. “Looks like we’re finally in the same boat,” he said sadly. “Our sights are on women who hate us.”

James threw his head back and laughed, “Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten your trademark saying, ‘there are always other girls’.”

Sirius smiled slightly, “I s’pose so. I just don’t know how you can do it Prongs. If a girl hated me as much as Evans seems to hate you, I think I’d take a ride on the crazy train!”

“Oh it’s nothing easy, but it has its perks. In odd ways, it has its perks.”

“I admire you for your vigor,” smirked Sirius.

James rose from his seat and slung his sweater over one shoulder. “I pride myself for it.”

He cleared his throat and looked down at this watch. “See you upstairs, I have some reading to catch up on.”

“You, reading? Sure you’re not going to wrinkle your trousers, scuff up your shoes? Going to look your best for Evans?” winked Sirius.

At the stairwell, James saluted his friend. “Good night Sirius.”

Once James had left the room, Sirius whipped out his wand and started charming a large wrapped package he had been hiding under a chair. He was using a book entitled, Rude Awakenings and Saucy Sayings for All Occasions, for reference, along with Figgy Forworth’s, Amusing and Otherwise Pointless Spells for Wizards with Too Much Time. Sirius busied himself with this for a good hour, until he heard the creak of a door and the shuffle of steps. He cleared away his work and pretended to read James’ abandoned quidditch magazine.

“Oh... Sirius! I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there, I...”

Sirius turned to see a figure half hidden in shadow standing at the foot of the girl’s staircase. He could make out the light waves of hair that hung at the girl’s shoulders and the trim of her lace nightgown. He wished she would step forward, whoever she was, she was attractive from this stance.

“I just... I think I left my diary... uh, I mean my book down here. You don’t mind if I get it, do you? I promise I won’t sneeze.”

It all became clear now. Elise waited for Sirius to answer. For a moment he was at a loss for words, then he cursed himself for ever finding Elise Collier attractive. He cleared his throat and said smoothly, “Yeah, whatever you like.”

Elise proceeded to scourge the premises, in search of her diary. Sirius pretended to read, but kept her in his sight, out of the corner of his eye. Her light chestnut waves shimmered golden in the firelight and with her glasses removed, Sirius noticed her pretty delicate features, which had not at all seemed catching until now. Her eyes, he could see clearly, were an inviting rich brown and thick, elegant lashes framed them.

His stomach lurched, as he thought of how many times he’s called her Sneezing Sensation Collier, or Four-eyes, not to mention Sarah Plain and Small, and Little Miss Ugly was just about the worst (and he felt like a devil now for it).

“Found it,” she said finally, smiling bright and triumphant. Sirius’ face turned stone with shock, at the sight of her pearly whites. This had to have been the first time he’d seen her smile, or perhaps the first time he’d noticed. How could he have missed something so charming?

Eilse took Sirius’ expressionless countenance offensively. Her smiled drooped, “Good night then,” she said formally. Elise was half way up the staircase, when Sirius came to his senses.

“Oh Elise wait!” he jumped from his chair, reaching the bottom of the stairs in a kind of sprint.

Elise jumped, “Yes, what is it? Did I forget something?”

“I was wondering uh... if you could help me with something.”

She frowned slightly, “Depends on what it is.”

Sirius laughed nervously (he didn’t know why he was nervous, he was never this way around girls). “Well I- I’m not quite understanding the latest transfiguration chapter.”

Elise tilted her head to the side, “Really?” she asked doubtfully.

Sirius shifted his feet and ran his fingers through his hair, waiting for her to swoon. “It’s not my best subject,” he admitted, grinning.

Elise stiffened, this was not the Sirius she was used to. Usually he ignored her, and when he did talk to her it was short, formal, and to the point. He was lingering now, and she suspected he had other plans in mind.

“You’re brilliant at transfiguration you liar,” she smiled wryly. “You just want me to do your homework for you or something.”

“Why I’m insulted that you would think so! I’d never dream of such a thing. Honestly, I’m having a great deal of difficulty with the whole animagi process.”

“We’re not even on that chapter yet Sirius, I don’t even know if you learn that this year. No, what really is your problem?”

Sirius began to chew on his lip, all his options slipping away. “Mutation then, I’m not getting mutation either, dizzying subject.”

That didn’t work either. Elise smiled shortly, “Yes it is, and I’m sorry I can’t help you.” She began to walk up the staircase, Sirius was tempted to follow her, but remembered the last time he tried to do so. He made a mental note to attempt it in his animagi form, perhaps during the holiday break, when he really had some free time.

“What?” he whined, “Collier wait!”

Elise stopped again. “What now?” she asked impatiently.

“Help me, will you? I know you understand it!”

“I’m sure Lupin knows the material just as well as I do.”

“Yes, but he’s lousy at explaining. I’ve copied uh I mean, read your notes Collier, and they’re genius.”

“You flatter me so, and I must wonder why?” Elise marked coldly, her eyes narrowed.

Sirius stammered a response, “I-I don’t know what you mean.”

“I really thought it might be obvious. I mean, since when have you ever needed help from Little Miss Ugly?”

Sirius flushed scarlet. How had that ever come back to her? He surely had never said it to her face. “That’s awful Collier, putting yourself down like that.”

She looked him over sourly, “I should really go to bed. I already told you, I can’t help you. Sorry if I’m the only girl that won’t grovel at your feet, Sirius. I may be socially unapt in your eyes, but I know when someone’s trying to be clever. Stick to Snivellus, Black, leave me alone.”

It was all rather a rude awakening for Sirius, and before he knew it, Elise had disappeared. Remus stepped back and smiled dryly, it was certainly about time. It was a lesson he thought Sirius had long been in need of. Collier had hit the point right on the head, and in Remus’ opinion it was less than what he deserved.

I feel like chopped liver, if you want a grim description. My brain in buzzing with everything! First the snitch, then Sinistra in Transfiguration, detention because of Snape and then this! Collier? NO, I won’t believe it. How could that not so special, bookworm have morphed over night? Do I need glasses? Am I hallucinating? Is she wearing a mask, or is she truly... gorgeous in disguise? I want to write about everything, but I just don’t know where to begin. I suppose I’ll just document my thoughts as they come, things might be little mismatched, but I’m not exactly persnickety about organization.

Regulus! My own brother gets Sinistra before I do. Now that’s something to make a chap a little, how should I put it, furious? Yes, furious is exactly it. He’s a little nothing, and she goes out with him to prove a point, rubbish! Well she’ll see. It’s like I said, she’ll come crying back to me, pleading mercy. Will I give it to her? At this point, no, but who knows my future agenda. But Regulus? That’s another gagger. I tried to convince him he was adopted when we were small, unfortunately I ended up convincing myself I was adopted.


Remus remembered Regulus as a snotty little social climber, that tried to live up to the greatness of his brother, but never succeeded. One would never have thought the two related, if it weren’t for the similar Black looks that had been gifted to them. Regulus was a delicate featured, pretty boy, with light brown hair. Who, like Sirius, caused girls to go a little tipsy (Sirius was still the favorite though. Tall and dark was much more appealing than light and pretty).

Sirius was mischievous and Regulus was devious, and the differences between them became all the more clear as the years passed. Sirius was the first Black in two hundred years to land in Gryffindor and his family hated him for it, Regulus included, who prided himself as a Slytherin. The thought of Sirius’ brother only brought back bitter memories of his home.

Am I going back next summer? I wish I could say for sure. I was so adamant about leaving in July, but now I’m having my doubts. I hate it, that’s for sure, but I’m broke and the Potter’s can’t feed me forever. Oh! There’s too much to think about, life is a horrible thing. I wish I could avoid it. Let me restate that: I wish I could avoid all the horrible things in life. Don’t we all?

James is paranoid. What can Snape really do? He can threaten, but he’s been doing that for years and we haven’t seen one of them realized. Shrug it off, that’s what I say.

But now I just want to sleep, sleep in and sleep late. I can risk skipping Potions, Vicar is really a queer. When will the bad days end? Lucky James will be sixteen. I wish I could turn the clocks back and turn sixteen again too, yes but that’s not the easiest to do, Time Turners are really rare. Imagine if I got a hold of one. Oh! What if I did, I just got a crazy idea, I’ll be talking to James in the morning. Oh! I swear I’m brilliant!

‘Night all.



A/N: Ooh! What would Sirius do with a time turner? Could he go into the future and see Harry again, could he change the error of his ways? Well that’s another fanfic, hee hee. Review please! Love reviews y’all! -amalynne