Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Ever Secret Diary of Sirius Black by Amalynne

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I really should do these, but I often forget so, here goes... Golly gee I’d love to own the rights to all this bloody wonderful stuff, but Rowling is the genius and not I, so the credit all belongs to her, the master.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remus paused, that couldn’t be it. Sirius’ parents would never have just let him up and leave, they were, after all, much too harsh for that.

There was something Sirius was hiding, something he had purposely forgotten and left out.

Remus thumbed through the diary looking for more on July 13th’s entry, but none appeared. He sighed, Sirius had secrets he couldn’t even tell his diary, things he never wanted to admit or speak of.

Remus ran his fingers between the page and the binding, feeling what seemed to be remnants of a torn out page. This must have been it, he thought, the truths of Sirius’ escape and secrets of the Black family.

It must not have been a pleasant memory at all. Remus noted that Sirius never wrote the depressing, and in this instance things just must have been too hard to face. One year, Sirius had mumbled something about his father having a “firm hand,” Remus suspected this to mean abuse, but pressed the matter no further, if Sirius wanted to forget it, he should too.

Yes, it would make sense why Sirius never wrote of his great struggles and pains to escape the noble and most ancient house of Black, it must have been a panging, sickening memory that he yearned never to remember.

Sirius must have enjoyed the memory of James and the Potters much more, for the was gracious enough to enter a little blurb about them in his next entry:

July 16th, summer:

It was a sort of shock when I first got here. Everyone’s so happy, it’s a real change from home. I have my own room! Not that that’s a big deal or anything, I had my own room at home, but the Potters are quite generous and Mrs. Potter’s sweet. How she ended up with a son like James, I’ll never know.

I thought amiable women bred amiable sons, I suppose I was wrong, I mean look at me and my mom (should that have been my Mum and I? Grammatical errors, I’m fretting over grammatical errors, my brain has certainly been tweaked, perhaps it’s the fresh air).

We’re a ways off in the country, but there’s a town close enough and I look forward to seeing what’s out there (in a feminine sense, that is). I’m overwhelmed, big house, lots of windows, lots of light, big gardens, loads of flowers, essence of heather, and overall a heaven (compared to Grimmauld place, really).

Mrs. Potter’s into the family thing. Family dinners, family outings, family games, it’s going to take some getting used to. The only time our whole family’s been together, all at once, in the same room, was for a family picture. I’ve taken notice though, that Mum bought a frame (extremely gaudy, rot iron, a huge ugly thing) that blocks most of me from view. She claims I’m still there, you can see my hand.

Oh but I don’t give a damn about any picture with them. Personally, I’d fancy a removal of my name on the family tree, and a certificate of disownment. Is there even such a thing? Well I’d prefer it that way, make it nice and confidential, to prove I have nothing to do with them. Shut up Sirius, no one wants to hear you whine.

Mrs. Potter wants me to call her “Mum Potter,” that’s sweet I guess. She really cares, or seems to. Gets all in a tizzy she does, worries about my hair, the state of my clothes, the fullness of my belly, makes me wash my face, and scrub behind my ears. It’s a nice switch, finally a maternal figure. Mum was never much for nurturing. To her, a swift hand always did the trick. Sure as hell it did the trick, right on my bloody face it did the trick.

So, Sirius did admit some things. However subtle or light in their mention, Remus knew Sirius’ parents were nothing short of regrettable.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
N/A: Ya, I know that was short, but I felt I had to isolate the Sirius and his family problem thing, it seemed like such a big part of his life I just couldn’t forget it. So tell me, do you think Sirius is getting to whinny, to sentimental, not sentimental enough? Is the dialogue up to par? I’m getting to more action in the following chapters so hold on for that. Give me your thoughts, thank you, thank you. -Ama