Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Ever Secret Diary of Sirius Black by Amalynne

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Rowling owns all, so ya.

It appeared as though Sirius was too busy to write for the next two weeks, because his latest entry was documented on August the first and was written in a hurried almost illegible scrawl.

August 1st, summer:
Been busy, York is gorgeous, and if it’s not to bold to say, so are the girls (Hey, I’m not the most forward thinking lad in the world, that title I can safely say belongs to Remus, you wouldn’t think it would you? Well everyone has their secrets).

Remus stopped a moment. Him, forward? He’d never thought of himself that way, perhaps Sirius was joking. If he was, Remus didn’t think it humorous.

Don’t ask what I’ve been up to, it’d take me a novel to write, and besides, this time it’s a bit personal. Then what’s the point of a diary you ask? I don’t know, I’m an amateur remember.
James is crazy, won’t go out with anyone. He says they’re all ugly, but come one, you’d trust his taste? No, I think he’s holding out for Evans. Why won’t he admit it? We already know he likes her, loves her even maybe. I think I’ll make him admit to it.
-Padfoot at Prongs’

Oh! And no word from Moony, I don’t think he’s doing well, full moon you know.


Remus felt a hot anger seer back into him, an anger he had felt greatly in his youth. That’s all he, Remus got, a blurb, a slight recognition in Sirius’ thoughts. That’s all he was then right? It was Sirius and James, James and Sirius, and Remus was shoved to the side with Peter. Yes, Remus thought bitterly, Moony was the source of a joke, lame, lily liver Moony. Sirius had always thought of him as a bit of a party pooper, and at times “a reserved little snot”. Of course, these words brought Remus to jump to action, that kind of insult from his friends was unbearable. It was nothing compared to how James and Sirius treated Peter however. Wormtail, was a real gas when it came to poking fun at. He’d just laugh along with Sirius and James like the stupid ugly idiot he was, and fawn over James like a god. Remus recalled the boys’ irksome mousy antics, and his utmost need to please Padfoot and Prongs, and Moony really, too.

“You’re really swell James you really are!” squealed Wormtail one afternoon out on the school grounds. He had said this after James had jinxed Tallulah Stover’s head of elegant blonde hair into a mess like Medusa (it’s what you can imagine really, snakes and the whole bit), this was after she asked Sirius out. Obviously, his answer had been no.

“Swell Wormtail, swell?” sneered Sirius, “Who tweaked your tongue, no one says swell! Who’ve you been talking to your Grandfather, playing Bingo with old broads, come off the swell bit.” Peter was taken aback, but quickly apologized, he best not antagonize Sirius when he was in spirits such as these.

“S-sorry, it just came out. I won’t say it anymore if it... I mean if you don’t care for””

“Damn, don’t you know when to stop, shut up!” snarled Sirius, “You keep going at it.” Wormtail knew to be silent now, he just nodded his head furiously in agreement.

James and Remus walked briskly at Sirius’ side, Peter trailed a ways behind, they were heading to the lake, James had wanted to show them something there. It was fifth year, O.W.L.s were almost underway and a feeling of high tension buzzed about the school.

“McGavvot fainted this morning in Potions,” mused Moony airily, “O.W.Ls must be getting to her.”

James nodded, “Ya I saw that.” He mumbled unconcernedly. “Why do you mention it Moony, you like her?”

Remus hesitated, “Well I...”

“Spit it out Moony, yes you do.” Said Sirius irritably, but his scowl soon made it’s way into a curious smile. “You do don’t you?”

Remus looked to his feet, they had made it to the lake’s edge. He shrugged his shoulders. “It wouldn’t matter if I did,” he sighed, “She wouldn’t go out with me anyway.”

“You don’t know that.” James said, fiddling with a twig he’d found on the ground. “Never know ‘till you ask her.” James through down the twig and looked up at Remus squarely. “Give yourself more credit mate, ask her out.” James’ hazel eyes were so intent and hopeful, that Remus had to look away.

“Ya, well I don’t really think I like her.” He mumbled, hoping this conversation would end.

“Whatever,” said Sirius, “Suit yourself Moony.” He apparently wanted to dismiss this subject as much as Remus, his attention caught by something red and glowing in the water. “Oy! You see that?” he cried. The glowing object shown bright for an instant, then vanished.

“What? What is it?” squeaked Peter.

“Your stench Wormtail, now move over.” Grumbled James, shoving Peter aside, as to get a better look at Sirius’ discovery.

“It’s gone now.” Padfoot sighed, “Looked like... what was it you wanted to show us Prongs? You said...” The red object appeared again, swiveling and growing.

“There! There it is!” Sirius shouted, pointing. His finger followed this direction of the glowing red orb. The Marauders stood hovering over the lake, intent on their new finding.

“Blimey,” said Remus under his breath, the orb was certainly growing, it’s brightness now near blinding. The boys begin to back away from the lake, as the red light neared. Closer, closer, and growing and... the orb was making it’s way out of the water, followed by thick leathery gray skin. There was a great splash and the object submerged.

The Marauders now stood soaking, glaring at Sirius. “The squid dimwit!” James cried, “It was just the giant squid, now look at us, we’re soaked, some eye you have.” The glowing object had merely been the eye of the squid and it grew because of its pupil.

“It looked like something!” Sirius bellowed back, “How was I supposed to know.”

“Got us all worked up because it was so shiny and pretty wasn’t it Padfoot.” James sighed, then looked about him. All the Marauders had received a healthy soaking. Remus looked slightly disgruntled, yet amused. Peter, the idiot was smiling stupidly, and Sirius greatly resembled a shaggy wet dog, his hair hardly as neat as previous times. James smiled humorously, “Well won’t have to take a shower will we?”

“I like him better wet!” giggled a voice from behind, “Gives him a bit of the grunge look don’t you think Opal.” The Marauders turned to see the slim, and though they hated to admit it, rather attractive figure of Narcissa Black.

“Who are you talking about.” Jeered Sirius, his eyebrows narrowed, the sight of his cousin was an unpleasant one.

“Not you, ugly.” Spat Narcissa, “Doll face.” She giggled again.

Sirius face turned stone and his words were ice cold. “Sorry, cousin, Peter’s not for sale.”

“Eew!” shrieked Narcissa’s companion, Opal. “Not that wimpy little flee, we mean the tall one.”

“He has a name you know.” Sirius drawled.

“We know that.” Snapped Naricissa. “James.” She giggled again, eyeing Prongs fancifully. James stepped back, he’d let Sirius fight his battle. He raised his eyebrows and felt a twinge of disgust, Narcissa liked him? “Eew!” he thought, mimicking Opal.

“I thought you went for gits like Snivellus.” Snorted Sirius in a haughty laugh.

Narcissa scowled at him. “There’s a difference between those I associate with and those I have my eye on.” She winked at James, who now wore a frown of frustration.

“Is there? Well I’m afraid you’re out of luck, because we can’t stand to have the presence of ogres in our company!” Sirius sneered.

“Oh, really witty. I’m so pained cousin, I could lay down and die, I wish you’d shut up so we can talk to the gorgeous one.”

Opal let out a deep heartfelt sigh, “He is the gorgeous one.” Her eyes were planted on Sirius with longing. Sirius face contorted in disgust, now apparently at a loss for words.

This time Remus spoke. “Aren’t you with Lucius, Narcissa?” he asked innocently.

“Hmmm?” she asked, rather surprised that he could speak.

“Lucius, you’re going out aren’t you?”

“Yes, so what about it?”

“That’s him isn’t it?” Remus pointed a far, to the figure of a tall blonde boy, making his way out onto the palace grounds.

Narcissa’s eyes widened. “So it is.” She said softly. “Well then I must depart mustn’t I?” she said snobbishly, tossing her golden locks behind her.

“Yes, you must.” Growled Sirius, fists clenched at his sides.

Narcissa turned to go, flashing James a gorgeous smile. “See you around beautiful.” She said only so James could hear, then departed, Opal trailing at her heal, eyes still fixed dreamily on Sirius.

“Disgusting.” Spat Sirius, “Absolutely disgusting!”

Remus awoke suddenly. He had been dreaming, dozing over Sirius diary. He didn’t know why he remembered that incident of all times. The past does funny things, it creeps upon you at unexpected times and haunts you when you ought not to be haunted. The past had pounced upon Remus like this and now this memory stung him afresh. Narcissa had like James, yes she had. He had been thinking of Peter and let his thoughts wander. What a funny thing to remember indeed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


N/A: So, what'd you think? Liking it? Not liking it? I need to know these things, I don't want to be writting a story that's a loss. More to come, some action, yay!-Ama