Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

You're Me?! by Ron Weasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ch. 2 Lurching Inside


Hermione woke abruptly as if she had been poked in the side. She had this unexplainable feeling in her stomach. It grumbled and ached. She didn't know how to relieve of it, so she got up and continued her morning. When she went down to breakfast, the weird feeling still lurched inside so she decided not to eat much. Harry and Ron sat across from her in silence. She wanted to say something to Harry, but she knew Ron would just retort it to start another row. Nevertheless, she'd rather not walk into a double Potions class in a miserable mood. Ron sent her distinct glares as she sat staring at the plate in front of her.

Potions class couldn't have gone any worse. Ron was so distracted by Hermione he didn't notice the amount of ingredients he poured into his cauldron. This wasn't good; not the fact that it was Potions, but it was Potions for his N.E.W.T. exams and Ron barely made the cut into the class in the first place. He continued to pour random ingredients until orange bubbles began to brew.

"Weasley, what is the meaning of this?" Snape asked, piercing his eyes at Ron as he glided towards him that caused Ron to slightly squeak. Snape peered into the cauldron and by the expression on his ghastly face he knew exactly what it was. "Weasley, do you know what this is?"

Ron examined the cauldron and, with a gulp, answered, "Er—hot pumpkin juice?"

The expression upon Snape's face hadn't changed and he added, "Taste it."

"What?" Ron screeched.

The entire class now had their eyes set on Ron as he looked around hoping someone would help him. He noticed Draco Malfoy choking himself and sticking out his tongue to represent Ron was to die from it. Ron's heart began to race as Snape handed him a flask, waiting for him to dip it in. Hermione glanced into the cauldron, trying to see if it resembled any concoction she read about. Ron slowly dipped the flask in and brought it up to his lips. A fast idea shot into his head and he blurted out, "Anyone feel like taking the first sip? It'd be bloody rude of me to not share it with you all."

"Drink it!" Snape shouted.

"All right, all right. Don't get your knickers in a twist," he mumbled under his breath.

Ron glanced over at Harry and then at Hermione who looked rather nervous. In one quick gulp he took in the entire potion in the flask. The expression upon his face left everyone in question. His eyes bulged and quickly went very narrow. He lowered the flask from his mouth and swallowed the contents. Everyone in the class expected him to keel over or sprout wings or something, but he just stood there with a grin crawling across his face.

"It tastes like candy," he said cheerfully. He turned to Snape and asked, "So what was it?"

"You'll find the side effects rather...twisting," Snape answered while staring at Hermione with a cheeky expression. "Ten points from Gryffindor," there was a small sound of groans coming from half the students. "Everyone fill up a flask and place it on my desk. You'll receive a grade for them tomorrow."

Harry and Hermione filled their flasks and departed from the dungeons. As much as Hermione was worried about Ron, she showed no sign of sympathy towards him.

Throughout the day and into the evening, Hermione's stomach pains grew. It was to the point where it was unbearable. At dinner, she noticed Ron didn't eat much as well. She wanted to ask why, but she wasn't about to break their silent treatment.

Straight after, she felt as if she was going to be sick and ran to the lavatory. Slamming the stall door, she leaned against the side and crouched down with her knees to her chin. Her stomach rumbled as she rested her head on her knees, breathing heavily as she closed her eyes.

After a few moments, Hermione opened her eyes, and felt well enough to make it up to bed. She walked back to Gryffindor Tower and straight up to the dormitories. Pulling on her pyjamas, she then crawled into bed and closed her eyes, hoping this pain would be gone by morning.

Shortly after, she fell asleep clenching on to the end of her over-blanket. As Lavender and Parvati entered the dormitories to sleep, they heard loud snores coming from Hermione's bed and noticed Hermione's mouth hanging open with bits of drool down her chin—just the way Ron looks when he's in a deep slumber.