Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

You're Me?! by Ron Weasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ch. 4 Realising


They walked back into the common room to find Harry sitting patiently in front of the grate.

“Where have you two been?” Harry asked, standing abruptly.

“Oh,” Hermione began, clearing her throat, “ah”Hermione here just wanted to”er”show me something.”

Harry peered over at Ron”to him Hermione.

“Er”yea, Harry,” Ron butted in. “I had to show”er”Ron the most extraordinary book that I found in the library, but of course knowing me”which I do”I find every book fascinating.”

“Yes,” Hermione added,” but knowing me”Ron”I find anything that doesn’t explode, have speed, or no real meaning completely boring."

“But knowing I”Hermione”admit my know-it-all-ism does get annoying at times, and I’m truly sorry I’m such a bore.”

"Yes, Hermione, but you of all people should know that 'know-it-all-ism' isn't a word."

With a hint of sarcasm, Ron gasped, “Oh my gosh! I read in a book that the mind is the first thing to go! I must depart to my room where I shall weep until I realise it’s pointless.”

Ron dramatically gazed at Hermione, then Harry, and mockingly leapt to the girls’ dormitory door. When he disappeared behind the door, Hermione couldn't believe Ron just did that, and thought, Oh dear. That is not normal at all.

“What’s wrong with Hermione?” Harry asked with a perplexed expression.

“I’m sure I’d remember pushing hi”er down a flight of stairs so I have no idea,” Hermione said. “Lack of oxygen perhaps.”

Harry smirked, and he and Hermione went up to the boys’ dormitories. She hadn’t realised she was about to change in front of Harry and visa versa.

Opening Ron’s trunk, Hermione grabbed the first set of clothes and threw them on Ron’s bed. She sat down and twiddled her thumbs, watching Harry unbutton his pyjama shirt. Oh my, she thought. Hermione hadn’t seen a boy undress in front of her before, so to her it was an interesting experience.

Trying not to be obvious, Hermione often peered over at Harry as he undressed. She seemed to be unable to tear her eyes away from his medium sculpted body. He was still rather scrawny, but over the years he attained some build. Hermione felt her face turn red as Harry changed into his trousers. She took a deep breath and held her hand against the side of her face to stop her from staring.

“Ron, are you sure you’re all right?” Harry asked walking over as he buttoned his trousers.

Hermione peered past her hand, and quickly turned back around, and answered, “Never better, Harry.”

“Are you sure? You looked all flushed, and Hermione’s not even around.”

Hermione quickly looked over at him as if he insulted her and said, “Oh.”

She wasn’t sure what that meant, but she’d rather not get into a conversation with Harry while he’s half dressed.

“So that potion tasted pretty good yesterday?” he asked, reaching for a shirt in his trunk.

Suddenly Hermione realized what changed them. The potion, she thought.

“It was the potion!” she exclaimed as she stood up and accidentally hugged Harry.

“O...kay,” Harry responded in shock.

Hermione remembered she was still in Ron’s body and immediately let go.

“Sorry. A little excited.”

“I guess…it’s no problem,” he assured, lowering his eyebrows.

They stood in silence for a few moments. To Hermione it wasn’t as awkward, but Harry was quite startled. The Ron he knew had never hugged him like that before. In fact, that particular hug felt familiar, like a hug he’d receive from Hermione.

“Well,” Hermione began putting Ron’s socks on first, “I suppose I’ll meet you in the Great Hall later. R”er”Hermione and I have a few things to do.”

“I thought you weren’t speaking to her?” Harry asked, putting on his shoes.

“I’m not. We just…really have to get something done”Prefect duties.”

“Oh okay. I’ll see you later then, mate.”

“Bye.”

Harry left the dormitory and Hermione rushed to change her shirt. She stared up at the ceiling while changing her trousers, but she couldn’t help being curious. Now and then she looked down at her body. Not bad, she thought. Horror struck her face when she realised that possibilities Ron could be doing. As much as she tried not to think about it, images kept forming. She forced herself to think about something else and finished getting dressed.

Practically tripping down the stone steps of the boys’ dormitories, Hermione rushed down to the common room. Ron wasn’t there. She figured he’d be down in a moment, so she sat down and waited.

Time passed, and she sat with her head on her hand, squishing her face and watching the students leave for their trip to Hogsmeade. So much for the last trip to Hogsmeade, she thought. Ron is such a git. Why couldn’t he just keep his mind on his work? She looked down at her watch and saw it was almost lunch.

“Come on, Ron,” she whispered to herself. Just then she heard footsteps on the other side of the girls’ dormitory door.

The door opened and out came two fourth years sniggering about something. She eyed as they walked by. One gazed back at Hermione and sniggered as they made eye contact. Hermione looked at them in disgust and thought, Gross, someone actually fancies Ron. Then she thought about that a second time. Hold on…someone actually fancies him? She quickly turned around at the girl who sniggered at her and saw the girl staring back at her as the Fat Lady’s portrait closed.

“Bugger,” she mumbled.

“Who?” Ron asked. Hermione swung around to see Ron dressed in the most horrific outfit.

“What took you so long?” she asked, annoyed.

“I couldn’t…” he began.

“You couldn’t…what?”

“I couldn’t figure out what to wear.”

She rolled her eyes and said, “Come on. I think I know how we ended up like this. We have to go to the library.”

“Quiet! Not so loud. I don’t need people thinking my sanctuary is that place too.”

“Lets go. I think it has to do with that potion you made.”

Hermione pulled on Ron’s sleeve and rushed out of the common room. As they left Gryffindor Tower, Ron gritted, “It was not my fault…”