Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

You're Me?! by Ron Weasley

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ch. 8 Poured Emotions

“It took you long enough in there,” Hermione mumbled as she walked through the Great Hall doors.

“Give it a rest,” Ron gritted through his teeth. His stomach grumbled, and he added, “Why do you starve yourself so much?”

“I don’t””

“Hermione, over here!” Ginny exclaimed as they walked up to the Gryffindor table. Ron sent her an awkward glance and sat down next to her. Hermione began to sit down when Ginny blurted, “Excuse you, I did I call your name? Go sit somewhere else. Hermione and I have to talk.”

“But I want to sit here,” Hermione retorted.

“Oh for Merlin’s sake, Ron! There’s food all up and down this table. Harry, can you please take him some place else?”

Harry looked over at Hermione and stuttered, “Uh”sure. Come on”Ron.”

Harry tugged on Hermione’s arm and they sat down a few seats from Ron and Ginny. The commotion of the room drowned out the conversation Ginny was having with Ron”or to her knowledge, Hermione. As they ate their feast, Hermione kept a close watch on Ron’s facial expressions, hoping Ginny wouldn’t say anything revealing about herself. Without noticing, Hermione kept leaning closer and closer to Neville in hope to hear their conversation.

“What are you doing?” Neville asked in a polite tone. Hermione stared at him with her mouth slightly open, and responded,

“Just”reaching for the pumpkin juice.”

Hermione poured herself some juice and continually glanced at Ron and Ginny.

As the meal came to an end, the sounds began to dim, and Hermione was able to hear the last bit of their conversation.

“Here,” Ginny said, handing Ron a letter. “This was dropped off this morning.”

Ron’s eyes grew wide, and he responded, “From Krum?”

Ginny sniggered. “Well who else would it be from?”

“Um, thanks.”

“I have to go. I’m meeting Dean in the library.”

“Why Dean?”

“You know why…” Ginny smiled as she stood up and left.

Harry and Hermione scooted over to Ron as he growled, “Dean…”

“Can I have that?” Hermione asked immediately, not caring about Ginny or Dean.

“No,” said Ron, standing up and leaving the Great Hall. Hermione rushed over to him and attempted to grab it out of his hand.

“It’s not yours!” she shouted. Harry followed close behind, careful not to intervene between them. The repetition of “Give it here” and “No” carried on between them until they reached the common room.

“I’m not going to ask you again!” she screamed as the three walked into the crowded common room. No one looked up from their business; everyone was used to them bickering all the time now, they didn’t pay any attention.

“Then don’t ask!” Does it say your name on it?” Ron asked, waving it in Hermione face. Her temperamental expression only increased her scowling mood.

“YOU ARE SO IRRITATING!” she bellowed and stomped through the girls’ dormitory door. Harry and Ron stood in a stare as she took the first three steps up the stairs. As the steps shifted into a slide, Hermione forgot she was still in Ron’s body and tripped backwards down to the common room. “UGH!” she groaned and walked across the common room to the boys’ dormitory door, slamming it shut. No one still looked up from their work. Harry and Ron both looked at each other and back at the door until Ron uttered,

“Well, see you later, mate.”

“Where are you off to?” Harry asked, watching Ron walk to the girls’ dormitory door.

“To read my letter, of course,” Ron responded with a grin.

Walking up to Ron, Harry whispered, “I don’t think you should actually read that.”

“Oh? Why not? Would you not take the opportunity to read something someone had written to the person you fancy, who indeed fancies that someone?”

A little confused by the statement Ron just said, Harry asked, “Would you really invade Hermione’s privacy like that?”

Ron took a quick pause and stared up at the corner of the ceiling. “Yes.” He ripped open the letter and began reading it to himself. Harry watched Ron’s”Hermione’s eyes move back and forth as Ron read the letter. When he was finished, he lowered the parchment and took a deep sigh.

“I think you being in Hermione’s body is affecting your brain to function like hers,” Harry stated. “What’d it say?”

Ron stared down at the floor and handed the letter to Harry. He read:

Dear Hermione,

So glad to hear you are doing great. It seems like you always have so much happening in your life, it makes me find mine is dull and boring!


"Oh brother..." Ron groaned, rolling his eyes.

Quidditch is going fine. We are currently in Ireland. The new Keeper I told you about is still a bit clumsy, but he is getting better. We have only won a few matches, but it is more of the exhilaration of the game rather than winning that excites me.

To answer your questions, if you really like your friend, you should just tell him. You said you have been hiding it for four years now? Why is it so hard? I know you will just tell me, ‘since I am not a girl, I would not understand’. I know, but for the record, I think he likes you too.

I will be in Spain next week and Denmark the next, so I am not sure if I will be responding to your next letter so soon. But it is great hearing from you and hearing all the things you have been up to. Talk to you again soon.

Viktor


Harry looked up from the letter to see Ron in deep thought. Did Ron think Hermione’s ‘friend’ was himself? Hopefully, Krum wasn’t talking about Harry himself. He was most certain it was Ron.

“So…” Harry began.

Ron looked over at Harry confusedly. “So, what?” he asked.

“Who do you think her ‘friend’ is?”

“I-I don’t want to know,” Ron stuttered, walking through the door to the girls’ dormitory.

Harry smiled and yelled up at him, “You know you do, and you know it’s you!”

***

Hermione sat up in Ron’s bed, scribbling down notes from the day’s events. The opening of the dormitory door caused Hermione to draw a line across her parchment, and she took in a deep sigh when she realised it was Harry. Hermione had all sorts of questions to ask him about whether Ron read the note, but due to her stubbornness, she kept quiet.

Harry didn’t speak a word to her either. He knew”even in someone else’s body”Hermione wanted to be left alone. He just grabbed something from his trunk and left the room. Hermione sighed again and continued writing.

***

The evening was perfect. After a delicious meal, we spent the evening cuddled on the couch in front of the roaring fire”the Room of Requirement was definitely the best place to create the ideal setting of a date. One second, we were in deep conversation about each other’s lives, and what they were like before we met, next second, we’re wrapped in the other’s arms and connected by a long, passionate kiss, my fingers running through his ginger-red hair.

Everything seemed to be moving so fast, before either of us knew it we were enveloped in a blanket of hot steam. I was so entranced by his body figure it was almost unbearable to take. Last thing we knew, we were on the couch and soon everything around us seemed pointless. Everything around us had no significant meaning and shortly disappeared, and before we knew it, we rolled off the couch and landed hard on the floor. Throughout the night, we continued expressing our love, staring deeply into each other’s eyes…




A/N: I’m sorry for the long wait, but my life has been uber-hectic. Sorry if this chapter doesn’t suit your standards. There is a reason for this ending, I promise. A guy friend has helped me out on this idea, so hopefully you can guess what is to happen.