Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Punishment for Immaturity by Obliviate

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Harry Potter lay alone in his room at number 4 Privet Drive. It was sunset and he had not left his room all day. After two weeks he had gotten tired of waiting. He was told he would only be here for a short time, but already wanted to leave. He was starving, having not eaten all day, but even leaving for meals was too much for him to handle anymore. So he laid on his bed not caring to move. He only left his room out of the necessity to use the restroom, and returned immediately. He had not showered for three days and was still wearing his pajamas from last night.

Harry was not surprised that his aunt and uncle did not come and check on him. He figured they were glad to be away from him, as he was glad to be away from them. Where were his friends anyway? He rolled onto his stomach and looked at his clock. It had only been five minutes since he last looked, but it had felt like an hour. He rolled back over, sighing to himself. Darkness began to surround him, but he did not move.

His mind was beginning to wonder, and he found himself thinking about Sirius. He hated thinking about his godfather it always made him angry. So he was thankful for the distraction of the Barn Owl flying through the open window, landing on his chest. As soon as he untied the letter, the bird flew away.

Harry laboriously walked over and turned on his light. He sat at his desk and looked at the envelope. Aside from the address to him, it bore a Hogwarts wax seal. Harry hesitantly opened the envelope; he had not expected his O.W.L. results so soon. He breathed a sigh of relief as he saw it was not his results. It was in fact a letter from Professor Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. Not sure why Dumbledore had written to him, Harry read the letter.

Dear Harry,
I think we should talk about some things. Inside the envelope, you’ll find a Portkey. Please use it tomorrow morning at nine. It will bring you to my office. I look forward to seeing you then.
Albus Dumbledore


Harry had no desire to speak to his headmaster tomorrow, or anytime soon. He tossed the letter and envelope into his garbage can. He went to the bathroom and tried to clear his head. He was not sure why, but he was continuing his Occlumency, as Dumbledore had asked.

He returned to his room and crawled into bed, not bothering to turn the light off or set his alarm. He slowly drifted into a restless sleep filled with nightmares. Most of which had him standing in front of the archway, or running through the Department of Mysteries. He tossed and turned all night, winding up in a disheveled mess.


Harry woke up feeling more tired than he had last night. He was also miserable and feeling very hungry. The hunger he could deal with, but the misery accumulated everyday. He now felt pressed in upon. He looked at his clock again; it was only eight thirty. He rolled over and tried to sleep again.

It was useless. He could not get the dreams out of his head. He admitted yet again it was his fault Sirius was dead and that his friends had been hurt. This, once again, brought no resolution, no comfort and no relief. He only felt more miserable.

He was finally nodding off, when he heard a popping sound behind him. He did not register what this sound was, and kept his eyes closed, facing the wall.

“Good morning Harry.”

Harry jerked wide-awake with a start and sat up to face the speaker. It was Professor Dumbledore. “Professor,” Harry breathed; suddenly self-conscious of how he looked. “Good morning.”

“You missed our appointment Harry. It is now nine thirty,” Dumbledore informed Harry, checking his watch.

“I’m sorry sir. I guess I overslept,” Harry lied. He was not sorry either. He was kind of annoyed that Dumbledore had apparated into his bedroom.

“Clearly, and my letter is in your garbage for safe keeping?”

Harry could not bring himself to look at Professor Dumbledore. He was embarrassed at being caught in his lie so easily. He found himself starring at his pillow. There was silence for a few moments before Dumbledore spoke again.

“Now, I want you to get a shower and get dressed. Then you will use the Portkey and be in my office in half an hour.” Dumbledore did not sound angry, but Harry knew better than to not do as he was told.

Harry was walking out of his room before his headmaster had left. He showered as quickly as he could, while still making sure he was thoroughly clean. He brushed his teeth and returned to his room to dress. He felt it appropriate to dress in his school robes and was ready five minutes early. He fruitlessly tried to make his hair presentable before fishing the letter and envelope from his garbage.

He flipped the envelope over and let the Portkey slide out into his hand. He had just enough time to notice the marble in his hand before he felt the familiar sensation of a hook behind his navel. There was the familiar whooshing sound in his ears as he traveled to his headmaster’s office.

Harry now stood in Dumbledore’s office, the marble rolling across the floor. The smell of bacon and eggs filled his nostrils. He looked around and saw a small table set for two, with a breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast and pumpkin juice waiting.

“Ah, Harry there you are,” the professor spoke entering the room. “Would you care to join me for some breakfast before we talk? You must be hungry.”

“No, I’m fine, thank you professor.”

“If that is your decision,” Dumbledore responded, taking a seat at the table.

Harry hesitated for a few moments before taking the other seat. He started eating ravenously as Dumbledore just smiled and ate, in a much more refined manner. Once they were finished, the headmaster waved the mess away with his wand and walked to his chair behind his desk.

“Sit down Harry,” the old man asked indicating the chair in front of his desk. Harry hesitantly complied and waited.

A/N Please review, as this is my first attempt at a humor story. I thank you for any constructive feedback.