Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Punishment for Immaturity by Obliviate

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Within a few hours Dumbledore had bought Harry more clothes and to Harry’s annoyance, some children’s toys. “How long do you think I’m going to stay like this,” Harry asked accusingly.

“Well, it won’t hurt for you to have entertainment while you stay with the family I found you.”

“What, they don’t have any children of their own?”

“Oh they have one, but she’s nearly seventeen. Even if they still kept them, I doubt you would want to play with little girls’ toys. Let’s get going.”

Harry, with no other choice, had agreed to spend the time as a four-year-old until he learned his lesson. He also agreed to be on his best behavior while staying with the family Dumbledore had found. Dumbledore had not told Harry who the family was, but did say he was to call the parents mommy and daddy while staying with them. Harry did not like this last bit much but again agreed.


With all of Harry’s new clothing and toys packed into bags, he and Dumbledore arrived at Harry’s new home by six that evening. It was a big and beautiful house in a quiet, suburban neighborhood. As he and Dumbledore walked to the front door, Harry saw there were many children in the neighborhood. Most were around his new age.

The headmaster rang the doorbell and waited. A beautiful girl, with brown eyes and bushy brown hair opened the door. She was wearing blue jeans and a red t-shirt.

“Hermione,” Harry gasped. He could not believe Dumbledore expected him to live with one of his best friends in his current state.

“Hi Harry,” Hermione said, bending down and patting his head. “Come inside, Headmaster. Mum and Dad aren’t home yet, but they should be soon.”

“Thank you, Miss Granger.” Harry and Dumbledore walked into the house and sat at the kitchen table. Hermione had been making dinner when they arrived and went back to preparing it.

“Would you like to stay for dinner, Headmaster?” Hermione asked as she moved around the kitchen.

“As much as I would enjoy that Miss Granger, I’m afraid I have important business to attend to. In fact, if you could give this to your parents, I would appreciate it.” He handed Hermione a sealed envelope and turned back to Harry. “Be good, Harry.” The headmaster left with a popping sound.

Harry put aside his mixed emotions as he was more curious what Dumbledore had left for the Grangers. “Hey, Hermione. What is that?”

Hermione looked to see Harry pointing to the sealed envelope. “That,” she said smiling, “is for my … our parents.” She continued to make dinner, while Harry sat at the table, bored. He could already tell his mind was slipping back. He had said and done things all day he would normally never do, but he could not stop himself.

“Hermione, we’re home,” a woman’s voice called.

“I’m in the kitchen,” Hermione called back.

When they came into the kitchen Hermione hugged both her parents, gave them Dumbledore’s letter, and then went back to preparing dinner. Mr. and Mrs. Granger read the letter silently, then Mr. Granger took it and left the room.

Hermione’s mother then came and sat next to Harry. “Hello Harry. How are you feeling?”

“Alright,” Harry replied, trying to sound happy. Hermione brought dinner to the table and Mr. Granger returned. Harry ate silently while the Grangers talked and ate. He soon found he had lost the coordination to handle a knife and fork at the same time, so Mrs. Granger took his plate, cut his food and set it back in front of him.

Mr. Granger and Hermione started doing the dishes once dinner was done. Mrs. Granger took Harry by the hand and led him upstairs to his room. She pointed out that the bathroom was right across the hall from him before opening his door. Inside Harry saw what looked like a guest bedroom, it was certainly not a room set up for a child. He saw the bags Dumbledore had left with him as well as some shopping bags on the floor. The Grangers had bought him some stuff too.

“Play with your toys for a while Harry,” Mrs. Granger told him while she started putting his clothes in the closet and dresser. Harry did as he was told but did not find the toys very entertaining. Still he sat on the floor playing with them, stopping once Mrs. Granger was finished.

Mrs. Granger left the room without saying a word. Harry followed her and they were halfway down the staircase before she realized he had followed.

“You can stay up there and play Harry. You don’t have to follow me. I’m just going to watch the news.”

“Can I watch with you?”

Mrs. Granger seemed surprised that he would want to watch the news, but agreed. She picked him up, something he was still not used to, and carried him to the living room. She sat down and put Harry on her lap. Hermione and Mr. Granger joined them after a time.

“Alright, I think it’s bath time Harry,” Mrs. Granger announced after the news. She carried him up to the bathroom. Harry waited as she filled the bathtub for him, but was not ready for what happened next.

“No way! I can bathe myself,” Harry protested when Mrs. Granger started to undress him. Forgetting how much weaker he was, Harry struggled against her. He was soon sitting in the water being scrubbed clean however.

Once he was clean and dry, Mrs. Granger dressed Harry for bed, in cartoon printed underwear and a set of cartoon printed pajamas too. Harry figured they were all that would fit his smaller body and did not protest, even though he thought the underwear looked more like a diaper. “Brush your teeth and go potty before bed,” Mrs. Granger ordered.

Harry did as told, though he could barely reach the sink. He walked across the hall to his room and found Mrs. Granger waiting to tuck him in. It was a new experience for Harry as he lay on the bed and she pulled the covers tightly around him. She then hugged him and went to leave.

“Oh, I almost forgot. I bought you something today.” Mrs. Granger got a stuffed rabbit from the bag of toys and laid it next to Harry. “Goodnight Harry,” she said turning off the light and closing the door.

Harry punched the stuffed animal off the bed. He was having trouble coping, and despite the fact he did not feel tired he soon fell asleep. Even as a child he did not sleep peacefully. The dreams remained and he tossed and turned all night, waking up several times.

Once he even woke up screaming. Mrs. Granger rushed into the room. She recognized the signs of a small child being scared and picked him up and held him close. This of course calmed Harry down, and he found himself tightly holding onto her too. Mrs. Granger put him back under the blankets once his grip relaxed. She put the stuffed rabbit back in bed with Harry, who, nearly asleep again, wrapped his arms around it.