Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Punishment for Immaturity by Obliviate

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Harry. Harry Potter.”

A cold voice was calling Harry. He opened his eyes to find himself lying on a hearthrug, in front of a roaring fireplace. He looked around and found himself in a dark room. There was something familiar about this place, with its dusty floors and cobwebs. There was a high-backed chair in front of him. Harry tried to stand, but could not. He saw his tiny legs were bound.

A tall, black-cloaked figure moved from the shadows, catching Harry’s attention. The figure sat before him and raised its hands; white hands, with long, twisted fingers. These hands lowered the cloak’s hood to reveal Voldemort’s snake-like face and cold, red eyes.

“Hello Harry,” Voldemort said sinisterly. Harry sat on the floor, unable to move. He felt sweat forming all over his body. “I suppose you and Dumbledore thought you could hide from me like this. I’ll admit, I never thought he would turn you into a defenseless child.” His laugh echoed through the room.

“I am not defenseless,” Harry yelled in outrage.

“Oh, but you are. You always have been. Now that I’ve found you, it will be easy to kill you. Those muggles and that dirty mudblood won’t be able to protect you from me. I will kill you, Harry Potter.”

“This is a dream, it isn’t real!”

“It’s real Harry. I found you and I’m coming. And I will prove it to you.” Voldemort stood up and loomed over Harry. He bent down and firmly grasped Harry’s right arm. Harry’s head immediately felt like it would burst. He screamed as he barely heard Voldemort’s last words. “I’m coming little Harry. Crying like a baby won’t save you.”


Hermione was holding Harry in a standing position on his bed, franticly calling his name. He was screaming and crying, obviously terrified and in pain. It was mid-morning, and Hermione was becoming scared herself. Her parents had already left for work and she could not help Harry.

“Harry! Harry! Come on, wake up.” She was now holding Harry tightly in her arms, her eyes squinted against the pain his screams caused her ears. His tiny body was soaked, completely covered in sweat. Hermione hoped it was sweat.

Finally, his voice growing hoarse, Harry’s screams faded to whimpers. He had been awake since he started screaming, but was not priorly aware of Hermione holding him. He gripped her tightly, continuing to cry loudly.

“Harry, what’s wrong?” Hermione’s voice was shaky.

“He-he-he found me!” Harry’s voice was filled with panic as he spoke, barely able to whisper.

“Who? Who found you?”

“V-V-Voldemort.” Hermione was entirely shocked. She had never heard Harry say that name with any amount of fear.

“Are-are you sure?” Harry nodded. “Was it just a nightmare?”

“Look,” he said. Harry held out his right arm to show where a hand had firmly grasped him. The mark was obvious.

“We’ve got to tell Dumbledore,” Hermione said panicky. She ran from the room, Harry still in her arms. She ran into her room, grabbed paper and a pen then raced downstairs and out the back door.

“Good, she’s here,” Hermione sighed, carrying Harry onto a covered patio. Here, Harry saw Hedwig sitting on top of her open cage. Hermione sat Harry on a chair and begin to write furiously on the paper.

“How long has she been here,” Harry asked, looking at his owl.

“Uh, since you got here. Mum and dad thought she’d be happier out here.” Hermione spoke distractedly, quickly writing her note to Dumbledore. She finished, quickly rolled the paper and tied it to Hedwig’s leg. Hermione told the owl whom to find, and she took off. Hermione grabbed Harry and took him back inside.

“Harry, pack as much as you can in these duffel bags.” They were back in Harry’s room and Hermione had grabbed two bags for Harry to pack his belongings that were there. “I have to pack my things too. Dumbledore should come as soon as he gets my letter.”

Harry hurriedly packed his clothing into the bags he was given. He was in a state of complete panic and did not even realize he packed the stuffed rabbit or toys too. The bags full of what he had at the Grangers’ house, Harry dragged them, one at a time, into the hallway.

Harry walked into Hermione’s room as she slammed the lid of her school trunk closed. She too was obviously panicked, which did nothing to comfort Harry. Like any child, he now felt most comfortable with the help of others around him. If their behavior was stressed it would only frighten him.

Hermione looked up at Harry after closing her trunk. There was a look of inexplicable terror on his face. She knelt next to Harry and brushed his untidy hair out of his face. “It’s alright Harry. Everything will be ok. Dumbledore will be her soon.” She went into Harry’s room to make sure he had not forgotten anything. She was not at all surprised to see he had “forgotten” to pack the package of Pull-Ups. Though Harry had not had an accident since the first, she packed them into one of the bags.

Hermione led the way downstairs and poured herself and Harry some cereal. Harry sat at the table, still in his pajamas, unable to eat. Hermione did not pressure Harry to eat. She knew in situations where he was nervous he never ate.

Harry sat motionless as Hermione cleared the table, nearly half an hour later. She picked him up and was carrying him from the room when a loud popping sound behind her announced Dumbledore’s arrival.

“Headmaster, thank you for coming so quickly.”

“Your letter did say it was urgent Miss Granger. I would think you would expect me to come immediately.” Dumbledore moved to where he could clearly see Harry’s face. “Harry, I need you to tell me exactly what you saw.”

Harry recounted his dream as quickly as he could. He found it very difficult to say aloud, let alone remember. Dumbledore remained surprisingly calm. Hermione had gasped a few times and nearly dropped Harry once.

“Fortunately,” Dumbledore began. “He has not found you Harry. He has only found your mind, and no doubt took glee in frightening you. It is however, only a matter of time before he does find you, if you remain here. I trust you have already packed Miss Granger.”

“Yes, we did Headmaster, but what about my parents?”

“I shall inform them of the situation after I have taken you and Harry to a secure location. If they feel it is necessary, they will join you.” Dumbledore took a small metal box from his pocket and sat it on the table. “You need only take hold of this portkey. I will see to what you have packed.”

Hermione took hold of the box as Dumbledore headed to hers and Harry’s luggage. Harry was surprised to have his stomach tingle considering Hermione was holding him. There was the familiar rush of air by his ears as he and Hermione traveled.

Hermione arrived in a dark hallway, nearly toppling, but managing to stay standing. She remained motionless and Harry looked around at his new surroundings. He suddenly became aware of their location as Dumbledore arrived with their belongings. Both he and Hermione jumped at the popping sound.

Harry had no desire to be at 12 Grimmauld Place, whether he was safe there or not. Harry clutched Hermione tightly, his frustrations only adding to the felling of foreboding and fear he had already been experiencing.

Hermione took this as him being afraid and began to pat his back, doing her best to keep him calm.

“I’m afraid the two of you will be alone here for a short while. The Order of the Phoenix only comes here for meetings, and the Weasleys were not expecting to move here yet. They will be arriving by Floo powder if you would wait in the kitchen.

Dumbledore proceeded to magically move the trunk and bags up to the rooms, while Hermione took Harry down to the kitchen. It was dark and dank as before, and Hermione felt Harry hold her even tighter.


It was nearly forty-five minutes later; Harry was asleep in Hermione’s arms, when the fireplace sprung into flames. Moments later Ron stepped out of the fireplace. He was shortly followed by Ginny.

“Hi Hermione,” Ron began. “I didn’t know you had a little brother.” Ginny started giggling at Ron’s confusion and stupidity.

“Honestly Ron,” Hermione groaned in frustration. “Can’t you recognize your best friend?” She turned Harry’s head so Ron could see the lightning bolt scar above his right eye.

“Harry,” Ron gasped. “What happened to him?”

Hermione was about to explain, when Mrs. Weasley apparated into the kitchen. She handed the bags she was carrying to Ron and Ginny and moved close to Hermione. Ron and Ginny carried the bags out of the kitchen. “Aww, Professor Dumbledore didn’t tell me he was so cute,” Mrs. Weasley commented with a smile. Hermione returned the smile, but did not say anything. “Perhaps you should give him to me. You look like you could use some sleep, dear.”

“Yes, thank you,” Hermione replied, handed Harry to Mrs. Weasley and left for her room. Molly Weasley looked down at Harry and smiled. It had been so long since she cradled a sleeping child in her arms; the feeling was nostalgic.


Harry awoke some hours later, alone and in an unfamiliar place. He did not recognize the room he and Ron had shared the previous summer. Irrational fears rushed in on him. He was alone and did not know where he was! He clutched the stuffed rabbit lying next to him and began whimpering and crying.

Fortunately, Mrs. Weasley walked into the room a few moments later. She sat on the edge of the bed and Harry immediately scrambled into her lap. “It’s alright Harry. You’re safe here. I made lunch for everyone, are you hungry?” Harry, suddenly aware of what he had done, nodded and climbed off Mrs. Weasley, slightly embarrassed.

Mrs. Weasley went to Harry’s belongings to get him a change of clothes. “Oh, are you having accidents Harry,” she asked after opening the first bag.

“No,” Harry shouted defensively. “Mum … er, Mrs. Granger makes me wear Pull-Ups to bed. She thinks I might wet myself.” He put great emphases on “might.”

“Oh, alright.” Mrs. Weasley grabbed Harry some clothes and cartoon-printed underwear and dressed him. Harry then held her hand as they walked down to the basement. Hermione, Ron and Ginny were already there. They ate lunch quietly. Harry was thankful for the quiet, because it let him clear his head.