Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Unseemly Proposal by sparx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 26- Of Vodka and Chocolate Cake


Two more drinks later, Hermione was starting to feel somewhat lightheaded and uninhibited. “You know Viktor,” she said, her speech notably slurred, “if I wanted to, I could snog you senseless right here, right now and do things that you cannot imagine of me.”


“You cood?” Viktor gulped,state or be annoyed at the disruption.


Hermione leaned into him. “Yes, I cooood,” she imitated his Bulgarian accent with a hiccough. “But I'm not going to do so!” She banged her hand on the table. “And do you know why, Viktor? Do you know why?”


This time, Viktor appeared to be vaguely frightened. “Um, vy?”


“Because I have shame, Viktor!” she hollered melodramatically, raising her hands in front of her face. “I am not a shameless woman!” She paused to down the rest of her drink. “Waiter, keep the vodka coming!”


Draco, who was listening to Hermione’s little drunken speech all this while, tried not to laugh against his date’s lips.


“And in precisely because I have shame will I not do something as shameless as kiss you in the middle of a restaurant!” Hermione continued. “A public place!” she added for extra emphasis. “A public where the place roams!” She stopped and frowned. “No wait, that doesn’t sound quite right…” Tilting her head to side, she thought for a while, then said, “What I meant was, a place where the public roams! Yes, that sounds about right…”


And when there was still no response from Draco, Hermione bend over his ear and shouted, “Oh for heaven sake, why don’t the two of you just do it on the table?!”


At this, Draco pulled away from Simone. Staring at Hermione, he was wondering whether to laugh at her drunken state or be annoyed at the disruption.


“What’s your problem, Granger?” he asked finally, an amused expression on his pale face. “Can you not stand the sight of two lovers showing affection?”


Hermione did a double take. “Affection?” she huffed.” Affection?!” She took a long drag from her glass. “Affection?!”


“Yes, Granger, affection. Do you want me to say it in your native language of gibberish for you to understand?”


“No, that won’t be necessary,” Hermione said with a shake of her head. “Hey, hold on a moment! My native language isn’t gibberish!”


“It isn’t?”


Hermione sputtered a chortle. “No, silly, it’s…er…”


“English, Herm-own-ninny,” Viktor prompted.


“Oh yes! English, that’s the one.”


Lifting an eyebrow, Draco stared. “Really now? I had no idea. Thank you for clearing that up,” he said, sounding very sarcastic. “Now can we get back to the topic of affection?”


“Right, affection!” Hermione took a deep breath. “If the two of you continue showing such affection, you're going to have a couple of babies by the end of the night!”


Simone and Draco gaped.


“You're off your rocker, woman,” Draco shook his head, not knowing how else to respond to her comment. “Now, I’d appreciate if you do not interrupt us again.”


And within seconds, the snogging session recommenced.


The effect of the alcohol combined with the total lose of patience (and not to mention a certain emotion that started with ‘j’ and ended with ‘ealousy’) caused Hermione to stand up and seize her dessert from the table” a creamy, triple-layered chocolate cake. In one swift motion, the Head Girl smacked it right onto Simone’s chest, just underneath her collarbone, and smeared it all over.


Viktor wore an expression of sheer disbelief.


“There,” Hermione smiled goofily and admired her handiwork. She toppled back into her seat. “And I didn’t even need a wand for that.”


With a shriek, Simone broke apart from Draco and stared down at herself. “That’s it, Draco! I have had enough of this!”


Draco’s grey eyes shifted with unease. “What do you mean you've had enough?”


“I'm not getting paid enough to put up with this!” Simone barked. “I mean, a hundred Galleons is a lot and I do enjoy making out with you and all, but this is not worth it!”


Eyes bulging from her sockets, Hermione gawked at Simone. “Wait, Malfoy paid you to be his date? As in with money?”


“Obviously with money! A whole hundred Galleons!” Simone replied, standing up heatedly. “He paid me to pretend to be his date, act seductive and what not, and to hanky-panky, but nothing beyond snogging, of course. Even the bracelet I gave him was bought by him! He asked me to present it to him, for added effect.” She started to wipe the cake off with her napkin, then, realizing the stupidity of what she was doing, she quickly switched to using her wand.


“But this is the last straw!” Simone continued after clearing the mess off her chest. “You two clearly have some issues to work out. I'm leaving.” With that, she tossed back the last of her drink down her throat and stomped off. However, she did not make it to the exit before she returned to the table.


“Er, Viktor? Can I have your autograph, please?” Simone asked him meekly. She snatched a napkin from the table and looked around for a quill.


“Yes, sure,” Viktor said, his voice slightly shrill. He produced a quill from his pocket. “I have a quill here.”


After she got what she wanted, Simone sashayed away, this time exiting the restaurant for real.


For several long minutes, there was silence around the table. Then, Hermione doubled over with mirth. “You paid her?!” she gasped between howls of laughter. “You actually paid her to go out on a date with you? You were that desperate?”


“Yes, I was that desperate!” Draco spat, his cheeks pink with humiliation. “What did you expect me to do while you were getting all cuddly with Viktor here? Talk to myself? Besides, how often can you get that good-looking a girl to go out with you on such short notice? All I had to do was offer her some money to break off the date she had with some other bloke!”


But Hermione did not seem to be listening. “You paid her? You actually paid her?” she laughed so hard Draco thought she was going to stop breathing.


Draco groaned. “Get over it, Granger.”


“S…So all that snogging and feeling up was all an act?” Hermione stammered, still producing giggles every few minutes.


Fidgeting in his seat, Draco contemplated on how to answer. He sure as hell had not anticipated Simone’s sudden departure. When he was explaining to her what she had to do on this date a week ago outside the Girls’ Bathroom, he had been very clear that she was not to leave before the night was officially over. But now, she was gone and with her, his hundred Galleons. And he was left with drunken Hermione and her lover-boy. He let out a rueful sigh. An excellent way to ruin his already nasty mood.


“Oh Drakey-pooooo,” Hermione’s shrill voice snapped Draco out of his thoughts. “Was it all an act?”


“Well, sort of,” Draco answered, scowling. “Simone did add a few fantastic touches of her own. Like that outfit she wore, the way she called me Drakey-poo, and when she took the initiative to order the couples’ special. That was all her.”


Hermione hiccoughed and grinned. “But it was ALL an act, wasn’t it?” she probed. “Pretense? Fake? Feigning? Bluff? Right, right, right?”


“Right!” Draco exclaimed irritably. “There! You got it out of me. Are you happy now?”


The huge grin on Hermione’s face said it all. She was not just happy, she was ecstatic. So much so that she ordered herself another drink.


“Herm-own-ninny, I do not think it is a very good idea for you to be drinking anymore,” Viktor ventured timidly.


Hermione draped her arms around Viktor and gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek. “Oh, Vicky, I'm having a great time! Do let me enjoy. Besides, I have to celebrate Draco’s loss.”


Viktor’s eyes widened. “Vicky?” he repeated. “My grandmama calls me that.”


Hermione giggled. “Isn't that so sweet?”


“Charming,” Draco growled.


And the rest evening went on as such. Simone was absent, so Draco sulked most of the time while Hermione continued getting increasingly intoxicated. The fact that she also was getting increasingly comfortable with Viktor due to the effects of the alcohol did not help lighten Draco’s mood one bit.






As the waiter served Hermione her ninth drink of the evening, Viktor was starting to feel anxious. The brown-haired girl seemed to be taking more than she could handle. He glanced over at Draco, who was moodily mashing up the chocolate cake in front of him with a fork. Well, he was certainly not being very helpful.


Making up his mind quickly, Viktor decided to ask for the bill. It was the most logical way to stop Hermione from consuming anymore vodka. “Vaiter, vood you bring me the check, please?”


The waiter nodded briefly and hurried away before Hermione had a chance to explain to him the theory of casting a proper Impediment Jinx.


“Vicky! You chased him away!” Hermione whined, taking a sip of her Rockvodka-soda. “Now who am I suppose to tell my theory to?”


“Malfoy is free,” Viktor pointed out. “You can tell it to him.”


Draco made a face, but allowed Hermione to yak away.


A moment later, it was Mrs. Cloves who bought the bill to the table. She appeared to be surprised that there were only three people left at the table. “Well, forgive my intrusion, but where’s the other pretty girl? Did something happen?”


Hermione, who had been gulping down the last of her drink, set the glass down and laughed. “It… it’s a…actually a very funny story, Mrs. Cloves!” she said, in between a hiccough and chuckle. “You see, Drakey-poo here paid””


Draco clamped his hand on Hermione’s mouth before she could say anything further. “She wasn’t feeling too well, so she left early,” he said impassively. “That’s all.”


“Oh dear, I do hope it’s nothing serious,” Mrs. Cloves gasped, a look of genuine concern on her face.


“No, nothing serious at all,” Draco assured, hand still fixed on Hermione’s mouth. “Just a slight headache.”


Mrs. Cloves placed a hand on her chest and sighed. “Well, that’s a relief!” She placed the pink bill on the table, together with four packets of sweets, saying, “A little Valentine’s Day gift from us to you! I didn’t know one of you would leave so soon, so I brought four. Do pass it to that sweet girl when you see her. ”


Hermione bit on Draco’s hand, at which he yowled and pulled his hand away from her lips. “Swwets!” she said excitedly, grabbing one from the table. “I do love sweets!”


Mrs. Cloves chuckled happily. “Lovely!” she said, clapping her hands together. “Just leave the money on the bill once you're ready to settle it. I do wish to see you here again. It’s been wonderful having you here. Have a good night!”


“Good night!” Hermione replied back, smiling broadly.


Waving at the three, Mrs. Cloves ambled away.


Viktor glanced at the check and removed money from a pouch in his robes to pay the specified amount.


“What are you doing?” Draco asked, eyeing him.


“I believe I am paying for dinner,” Viktor answered.


Draco narrowed his eyes. “Well, you're not going to be the one paying. I am.”


“But vy? I vas the one who invited Herm-own-ninny here in the first place.”


“Look Krum, I'm paying.”


“No Malfoy, I insist.”


An argument was prevented from erupting when Hermione broke out into a song about Nifflers.


Finally, Draco and Viktor decided to split the check. They left the money on top of the bill like Mrs. Cloves had instructed. The pink check promptly disappeared with the money, and almost immediately, Draco’s change of three Knuts appeared on the same spot. Pocketing it, they got ready to leave.


Viktor got out of the booth first and stared at Hermione tentatively. There did not seem to be an ounce of soberness left in her.


Yet, she managed to drag herself out of the booth, holding herself steady by gripping the table. “Oooh,” she squeaked joyously once she was totally out of the booth, “the room is spinning!” She swayed precariously, and seemed to enjoy the sensation of a revolving room.


“Granger, are you even capable of walking on your own?” Draco questioned with a cocked eyebrow. He climbed out of booth after Hermione, grabbing the two bouquets of flowers she had left on the table. Apparently, being drunk rendered her forgetful in addition to being on the verge of lunacy.


Hermione swayed on the spot even more, and her grip on the table tightened. “’Course I am! I'm fully capable of walking on my own, Malfoy. Does it look like I'm incapable? I mean, what’s wrong with me?” She stared down at her legs. “I still have my legs. I feel awesome, so why would you think I'm incapable of handling myself?”


“Because you're drunk as hell,” Draco told her flatly.


“That’s not a good enough reason.”


“Herm-own-ninny, I think he has a point,” Viktor pointed out. “You might be needing help to valk after all those glasses of vodka you had.”


“Oh don’t be silly, Vicky dahling!” Hermione snorted. “I only had… one, two, five, three, seven…” She trailed off and started counting on her fingers. “I only had eight glasses!”


Draco looked at Hermione’s fingers and saw that she had ten of them up. He shook his head. “You had nine. And you're absolutely sure you can walk on your own?”


Letting go of the table, Hermione nodded her head vigorously. “Absolutely! Certainly! Positively!” She started taking steps forward, swaying slightly. “Totally! Undoubtedly! Definite””


Stumbling on her own two feet, Hermione never got to complete her sentence as her face made contact with the cold, hard floor.


The two men stared.


“I'm OK!” Hermione’s muffled voice came from the floor. She got back up on her feet and did a wobbly whirl. “Absolutely fine! Ooooh, did you know the flooring here was made out of wood? I just realized, after seeing it up-close. Teak, I reckon, or perhaps oak…”






Some people became unnaturally quiet and meditative when they were inebriated, others grew numb from the effects of alcohol and there were the handful that got up on tables, stripped naked and danced the twist.


But Hermione, when intoxicated, could not keep her mouth shut. She simply talked, and talked, and talked. She redefined the meaning of the word ‘talkative’.


She was now telling Draco and Viktor about a muggle fairytale called Cinderella as she skipped unsteadily to the front door, earning her a number of looks from the patrons of the restaurant. How Hermione went from wooden flooring to Cinderella? Well, even the two chaps with her were not all that sure…


“…And then the evil stepmother kissed the frog and he turned into a prince!” Hermione narrated.


“Where did the frog come from Herm-own-ninny?” Viktor asked. “I thought you vere talking about a fairy-godmother and mice. And is Cin-dri-ella’s prince not vaiting for her at the ball?”


Hermione knitted her eyebrows, deep in thought. “Hmmm… Then where does the frog fit in?”


Viktor shrugged. “I do not know. That is vat I am asking you.”


“Well, you see, the frog and mice were friends, and one day…”


“Forget the bloody frogs and mice!” Draco exclaimed upon reaching the coat rack located at the entrance of the restaurant. He grabbed Hermione’s jacket off the stand and handed it to her. “Put your jacket on.”


Hermione fumbled with the coat for several moments, before finally putting it on. The problem was, she had put on incorrectly “ the back of her jacket was in front.


“Oh, for Merlin’s sake! Granger, your jacket’s on the wrong way.” But Hermione had not heard Draco. She was going on about pumpkins and pineapples (for some reason) and was apparently lost in a world of her own.


Draco looked incredulous. “This woman’s impossible.”


“Vell, she is intoxicated,” Viktor reminded her. “You shood be patient vith her. But, I do think it is amazing how much she can talk vith a little alcohol.”


“Amazing? Hell, it’s like her mouth’s running on the bloody alcohol!” Draco took a deep breath. “Can you hold her? I’ll help her pull the jacket off.”


“Vy don’t I take it off for her?”


“Just hold her, Krum!” Draco snapped. “And hold these flowers as well. I’ll do it.”


Viktor knitted his thick eyebrows together, but did not argue. He gripped Hermione steady against him while the blonde adjusted her jacket so that it was the right way round.


“And so the apple…Awww, Malfoy, I didn’t know you were so gentlemanly!” Hermione gushed when Draco helped her put her jacket on right.


“Don’t get use to it,” Draco grunted, taking a moment to put his own coat on and grabbing the roses back from Viktor. “Circumstances are such that I haven’t any other choice.”


The little cupid-cum-elf standing outside The Four Cloves held the doors open for the three of them, throwing Hermione, who was doing a little dance, a befuddled look. “Hope to see you again,” he squeaked, bowing so low that the tip of nose touched the ground.


“Hope you see us again too!” Hermione grinned inanely at the elf as Viktor and Draco dragged her away from the diner. “You know Malfoy, I never told you this, but when I was in the fourth year, I started this organization called S.P.E.W…”


A few feet away from the restaurant, Draco stopped walking, bringing the whole group to a halt. Unfortunately, Hermione’s mouth did not halt in the process.


“Look Krum, I can handle her from here,” Draco informed the Bulgarian Seeker quietly over Hermione’s head. “You can head off to wherever it is you need to go.”


Viktor glanced down at Hermione, who rattling off about elf liberation. “Are you certain you can manage her yourself?”


“I've been living with her over for six weeks. I think I can manage fine,” Draco snapped, then wondered why he was being so defensive.


Viktor looked down at his watch. He was expected back soon. “All right then,” he sighed, “I guess I vill take your leave.” He turned to the girl beside him. “Herm-own-ninny, I vill be going now,” he told her loudly, hoping that she would hear him.


And surprisingly, she did. Her speech on the importance of treating elves with respect came to an abrupt standstill and she looked at Viktor. “You're leaving, Vicky?” she questioned with a small pout.


“Yes, I am,” Viktor replied. “I hope ve vill be able to meet up soon again. Do write to me.”


Hermione leaned shakily into Viktor, wrapping her arms around his neck for support. “Good night kiss,” she smiled widely, flattering her eyelashes a little too rapidly for it to look flirtatious.


Viktor grinned despite himself, while Draco looked all set to heave his half of the couples’ special out of his stomach.


The Head Girl puckered her lips and shut her eyes. Moving forward, she kissed Viktor on the lips. Or at least she thought she did.


“Herm-own-ninny? That is my chin.”


Draco tried not to laugh as Hermione peeled her lips away from Viktor’s chin. She had not heard his remark it seemed, or even realize that she had aimed for his chin for that matter. Viktor appeared to be very disappointed that he had not received a proper farewell snog.


“Good night, Vicky! Sleep well!” she said chirpily, and Draco quickly moved forward to hold her, preventing her from toppling down to the ground as she seemed to be swaying perilously again.


“Put your arm around my waist, Granger,” Draco instructed, “before you fall flat on your face again.”


“Oh hello, Drakey-poo! I didn’t see you there. Where did you come from?”


Draco turned away from her and shook his head. It was going to be quite a journey back to the castle. “I've been here all the while.”


“Really now? Since when?”


“Never mind, Granger.”


“Never mind what?”


“Merlin.”


“You know, there’s this really interesting story about Merlin…”


Viktor watched the two retreating figures. Hermione had her hand around Draco’s waist, with her head resting lightly on his shoulder, while Draco was supporting her with his arm around her shoulders. From this far, they looked like a couple.


Frowning, Viktor jammed his hands into the pockets of his robe. Call it intuition, but there was something there. There was something between them. What? He could not quite place his finger on it. Whatever it was, only time would tell.






The walk back to Hogwarts proved to be eventful. Several times, Hermione had attempted to drag Draco into the various stores in Hogsmeade. Draco had resisted of course; he overpowered her quite easily.


He had to put up with Hermione’s constant chatter though, all the way until they reached The Entrance Hall of Hogwarts castle. She had managed to cover a wide range of topics; from yoghurt to Marvin the Muggle.


The Entrance Hall was predictably deserted as Draco stepped in with Hermione. The lights at this time of night were dim, so Draco handed the flowers he was holding to Hermione and lit his wand to guide them to their dormitory.


A voice calling Hermione from behind startled Draco and he nearly dropped his wand. Turning around, he saw Ron jogging towards them.


I thought the Weasel wasn’t speaking to her, Draco mused as he withstood the compulsion to walk away.


“Ron!” Hermione squealed when she saw her red-headed friend. She rushed forward to hug him.


Pulling apart, the youngest Weasley boy almost looked like he was going to smile at Hermione until he saw the huge bouquet of roses in her hands. His expression turned suddenly cold.


Vicky gave you all those?” he asked, sounding resentful.


“No, Malfoy did!”


Ron looked like he was about to have a stroke. “What?!”


Hermione giggled. “The smaller bouquet of pretty red roses is from Vicky, the bigger one from Malfoy.” She grinned wildly. “It’s a very funny story actually.”


Did she just call Krum Vicky? Ron stared at one of his best friend as though she was an alien. And then, he smelt it. The slight waft of alcohol.


“Hermione, you're drunk!” Ron exclaimed.


“You see, what happened is that Malfoy paid this””


For the second time in the evening, Draco found himself clamping Hermione’s mouth with his hand.


“What did you do to her, Malfoy?!” Ron demanded reprovingly.


Draco scowled. “I didn’t do anything. Your precious Hermione went to get herself dead drunk.” When he felt Hermione’s mouth stop moving behind his hand, he slowly removed it.


“It was the most delicious drink ever!” Hermione gushed. She put up seven of her fingers. “I had five glasses!”


“Nine, actually,” Draco corrected with a sigh. “Is that testament enough for you, Weasley?”


Ron clenched his jaw, but said nothing.


“Now if you’d excuse me, I have to take Miss Tipsy back to her room,” Draco sneered. He half-expected Ron to want to follow him, but he made no such move.


“Bye-bye, Ron!” Hermione waved at her friend frantically as Draco led her in the opposite direction. “And Happy Christmas!”


“It’s Valentine’s Day, Granger.”


“Really now? How come no one told me?”






Hermione danced into the common room after Draco provided the password and the portrait swung open. She skipped over to the rug in front of the fireplace, twirled on the spot and came to an abrupt halt, staring intently at Draco.


“You know what? Boys are the stupidest creatures on this planet!” Hermione yelled in her drunken stupor. “The stupidest! And dumbest too!”


Draco was glad that the two founder’s portraits were not around to bear witness to this. “Granger, I think””


“I'm serious!” Hermione continued, all but tripping over her own two feet. “Let’s take… let’s take you for example!” This time, she really did trip over her own feet. She tumbled to the ground, landing flat on her face for the second time this evening. Almost immediately, she jumped back up.


“I'm OK!” she declared to a non-existent audience, waving an arm in the air.


Draco smacked his own forehead and shook his head disbelievingly. If anyone could see the usually rational, uptight, logical Hermione right now, they would have a laughing fit. He knew he was trying to control one. His irritation from having Simone walk out on him had disappeared somewhere between The Entrance Hall and the Heads’ dorm, and it was now he realized the hilarity of having the Head Girl intoxicated senseless.


“Now, where was I?” Hermione asked herself, titling her head to one side, looking deep in thought. “Oh yes, let’s take you for example. What’s the deal with taking that dimwitted Simone out on a date? Given, you did pay her to do so, but don’t you boys look beyond looks?” She paused and giggled at her choice of words.


“Look beyond looks,” she repeated, giggling again. Then she cleared her throat, and resumed her speech. “Right, where was I? Oh yes, don’t you look beyond the fact that she has a beautiful face, a well-endowed chest, a nice arse and a stick-thin figure? Doesn’t it matter to you that she has to have,” Hermione placed her thumb and index finger together, leaving a small gap between them, “a little brains? Just a little, I'm not asking for much. Doesn’t any of that matter?”


“Well, you see Granger””


“And, and you know what else is wrong with you boys?” Hermione did not allow Draco time to speak. She stomped closer to him. “You don’t care about other people’s feelings! Let’s take…let’s take you for example! Again!” She chuckled. “You make such a good example, Drakey-poo!” She held on to Draco’s shoulder for support and laughed loudly. Stopping suddenly, she frowned.


“Granger, maybe you should””


“Now, where was I?” Hermione asked herself, removing her hand from his shoulder and resting a finger on her chin. “Oh yes, you're my example of how heartless boys can be! What was it you were trying to pull earlier on? What were you trying to do?!” She used her finger to stab Draco in the chest accusingly.


“Ow! What in the””


“I mean, do you think it’s nice doing something like that?” Hermione poked him in the chest again, causing him to flinch.


“What in the world are you talking about””


“Do you think it’s nice to make it seem like you're going to kiss me, then not kiss me at all and preferring to get pummeled with Dungbombs??”


Draco was startled. Hermione was still thinking of that? “Why would you””


“And you know what the worse part was?” she went on as if Draco had not spoken. “The worse part was that I was expecting you to kiss me!” Hermione burst into a spasm of giggles.


Draco’s eyes widened. The things you hear from Miss Granger when she was inebriated was getting more and more bizarre. “You were expecting””


“Can you believe that?!” she exclaimed through fits of giggles. “I was actually… I was actually thinking that… that you were going to snog me! Isn’t that the most””


“Granger, I””


“”ludicrous thing you've ever heard?! I could not understand why I was so””


“I think you should””


“”angry with you! Then I realized it was because I was honestly anticipating””


“Will you let me speak?!”


“”something. How absolutely””


The words never left Hermione’s mouth because Draco had pressed his lips against hers, capturing it in a kiss. He could feel her body stiffen in his arms as he supported the back of her head with his hands. It was obvious that she had not expected this, and her showing no resistance or response was proof enough of her surprise.


Stopping as abruptly as he started, Draco removed his arms from around Hermione. He saw that her eyes were as wide as dinner-plates and she was gaping at him like a goldfish.


“Look Granger, that was the only way I could get you to shut the hell up,” Draco instantly leapt to his defense. “Besides, you were going on and on about how you were expecting a bloody kiss, so I thought I’d” I dunno what I was thinking””


“You call that a kiss?”


Draco did a double take. “What?”


“I said,” Hermione raised an eyebrow, “you call that a kiss?”


Before Draco had time to react, Hermione had his lips locked with hers in a snog. Her lips tasted sweet, despite the alcohol rimming her breath. The kiss started out tender, and Draco responded accordingly. But he was caught completely off guard when it became slightly more fervent, laced with hidden desire. Her hands weaved through his silky blonde mane, and his pressed against the small of her back. By the time they pulled away, the both of them were breathless.


Hermione smirked triumphantly upon seeing the dazed expression on Draco’s face. “Now that is what I call a proper snog.” With that, she grinned goofily, spun on the spot and passed out.






Draco had tried reviving Hermione but to no avail. She was sleeping like a log. Having no other choice, he lifted her up in his arms and headed for her room.


Upon reaching her room, he relieved himself of the weight by placing her on her bed. He stared down at her sleeping figure and decidedly went down on his knees beside her, pulling off her boots and her earrings. Then, he pulled the duvet over her and tucked her in.


Quite suddenly, Hermione sat up from bed, her eyes wide. “Noooo! I need to change into my nightie!” Hermione whined in her drunken stupor, stumbling out of bed. She hopped (yes, hopped) over to her cupboard and tossed her clothes about until she found what she was looking for” her sheep nightie with the large red hearts.


And then, to Draco’s horror, she started changing in front of him, pulling her top over her head. He was momentarily stunned, but, recovering himself, he spun around so that his back faced Hermione to allow her some privacy.


When he heard a loud thump, he promptly turned to see Hermione on the floor once again, this time in her infamous dancing sheep night gown. Draco smiled inwardly, remembering how last time he had told her to put it on by saying that it made her look sexy. Of course, he was kidding that time” it had been a defense mechanism then. But now, looking at Hermione lying on the floor in it, he was not too sure whether he was kidding anymore…


Picking her up, he walked to her bed and laid her down carefully, putting the comforter on her again. He watched her for a moment or two, just to make sure she did not attempt to jump out of bed again.


Satisfied that Hermione was finally in a deep sleep, Draco slipped out of his green shirt and climbed in next to her, leaving his jeans on. As he lay in bed and stared at the ceiling, there was only one word Draco could think of to describe tonight” bizarre. From going to The Four Cloves to setting Viktor’s pants on fire (Draco sniggered to himself) right down to kissing Hermione. Twice.


Draco turned to his side, glancing at the Head Girl’s sleeping form. Her face was glowing in the moonlight, giving it a sort of ethereal appearance. A few strands of her hair covered part of her eyes, and Draco’s hand unconsciously landed on her face to flick them away. His eyes then traveled down to her lips and he smirked. Hermione Granger may not be a lot of things, but she was a hell of a good kisser.


With that thought in mind, Draco fell into a sleep filled with dreams about snowmen (that looked a lot like Krum) made from pink frosting, cupids dressed as elves and Hermione dancing in her sheep nightie.





Author's Note: Three words, people: They finally snogged!

Also, a big thank you to EJAUS (you know why)!