Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Am I Invisible? by Constellation

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Jillian ran through the wall at platform 9¾ and almost ran into the person in front of her. “Sorry,” she mumbled, but, of course, he didn’t seem to notice her. Jillian rolled her eyes at him and stepped around him before Kirsten could run her over.



As soon as she moved, Kirsten ran through the wall, barely missing her and the other person, and ran to her boyfriend Lucius. Jillian liked to think of him as the Locust because he was so disgusting, but she never said anything to Kirsten about that.



Jillian sighed, looked at the scarlet steam engine before her, and smiled. She really liked going to Hogwarts, but there were those times when she wished she could have gone before the rest of her family. At Hogwarts, she was practically invisible. It was amazing what she could do or listen to just because she was unnoticeable.



But with no friends except Moaning Myrtle in the girl’s bathroom, she had no one to gossip with. Their loss, she thought as she lugged her cart behind her. She made it to the train without any mishaps, but when she was about to board, the side of her suitcase split, and her new book, The History of Vampires, tumbled onto the sidewalk.



Jillian bit her lip to keep from screaming out her frustration and picked up the book just in time for someone to run past a mud puddle and splash water all over her brand new coat.



Jillian clenched her teeth to keep from saying some very bad words and got her wand out. “Milanse,” she said. The water was swept from her coat and floated in front of her. She looked at it mischievously and grinned as she sent it to the boy that had splashed it over her. It landed right on top of his head.



Jillian laughed and hurriedly got on the train. She examined the split in her suitcase and calculated the time it would take to sew it up. She wished her Aunt Ginger were here. She could have had it sewn up in less than ten seconds.



Wait, she thought suddenly, I’m a witch. I should be doing spells, not sewing it up manually. That would be a disgrace to my family.



“Reparo,” she whispered under her breath, and it was sewn nice and neat. A way better job than she could have ever done.



She noticed other people getting on the train and decided to keep moving. She moved to her usual spot at the very end of the train and sat down. She leaned back into the seat and sighed. Here goes another year at Hogwarts.



The door was suddenly opened and Jillian looked up curiously into the face of the Locust. “What do you want?” She asked rudely.



He didn’t seem to notice that she had spoken. “Kirsten says you have her money.”



Jillian rolled her eyes and pulled out the bag of Galleons, Knuts, and Sickles, and shoved them into his hands. He didn’t even thank her as he walked out of the room staring at the gold inside the bag.



If her family hadn’t been so rich - her father was second in command after the Minister of Magic - the Locust would have cleaned them out with his greedy ways. Jillian shook her head in disgust and looked out the window.



There was her mother, kissing Jane and Kirsten good-bye. Her older brother, Dean, was standing beside her, glancing at his watch. Jillian knew he needed to get back to work for his father.



They looked like a very happy family as Jillian’s mother wiped away a few tears when the girls boarded the train. Too bad she had to be the weird one.



Jillian pushed the thought away, took out The History of Vampires, and started reading. She barely noticed when the train started to move, she was so fascinated by the book. As the countryside rolled past her window, Jillian was off to the Black Forest. In fact, she wasn’t interrupted until the food cart came around at about 1:00. She bought some Chocolate Frogs and Pumpkins Pasties and returned to her book.



After she had eaten all the candies, Jillian put down her book and decided to take a nap.



The wind whipped past her as she urged her broomstick higher and higher. The clouds offered refuge from one of the Bludgers that had just flown past her. She searched around, looking, looking for the Snitch when a bolt of lightening suddenly slammed down on her. She was falling, falling. She had failed again. Was there nothing outside of books she could do right? Falling, falling, falling. The dark enveloped her as she hit the ground with a jerk.



Jillian groaned and pushed herself up off the ground. Why did she always fall whenever she dreamt about Quidditch? She kneeled next to the seat sleepily and yawned. She reached for her book and hugged it close to her, pushing the rest of the dream away.



After stretching and yawning in a very unladylike manner, she noticed a face looking through the compartment door at her and stopped mid-yawn. She stared at the boy, but he turned abruptly and walked down the hallway.



Jillian jumped up and opened the door, but when she looked down the way he went, there was no one there. It was eerily quiet on the train, and Jillian noticed that it was no longer moving.



Oh, no. She ran down the hallway and out the door to find no one there either. She cursed herself and started walking down the road that led to Hogwarts. She shivered and pulled her robes around her.



It could be wor - Jillian stopped herself before she could complete the thought, but it was too late. The sky rumbled, and it started to hail and rain at the same time. She stood there for a second, cursing everything, but she was soon running.



She shivered and pulled her robes around her tighter. She finally saw the castle and sighed in relief. She ran up the steps and banged on the front door. She waited for a few seconds, shivering, when Professor McGonagall opened the doors and gave Jillian a stern look.



“Miss Jillian, I see you are late. Come along. The feast is waiting.”



Jillian could only nod and follow the Professor through the corridor to the Great Hall. When she opened the door, every single person at the four tables was staring at her. For once, she didn’t like the attention, so she moved forward quietly and sat down in front of the feast. Soon, the talk started up, and everyone forgot about Jillian. Jillian only sighed and started eating.



I guess invisibility could be a good thing sometimes, she thought as she sipped her pumpkin juice.