Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Am I Invisible? by Constellation

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Finally!

Madame Pomfrey finally let Jillian out of the Hospital Wing after her miraculous recovery.

Jillian let out a sigh of relief when she got to Transfiguration. She had only missed two days, but already the work was piling on top of her, so she was glad to be back.

Jillian slipped into a back seat and started taking serious notes. She had to catch up with this new spell. Something about transforming a block of wood into some kind of bird.

When Professor McGonagall let them out, Jillian went to Charms, then Defense Against the Dark Arts.

In Defense Against the Dark Arts, all Jillian could do was stare at Professor Kilicus as he taught them about werewolves. How could he sit there as if he didn't have some sort of plot that could endanger the entire school? How could he be such a good actor? Throughout the entire class, Jillian wanted to blast him with some sort of curse - any curse would do as long as it was very painful - but she couldn't. Then, he would know that she knew, and that would only cause problems. She couldn't go to Dumbledore. Who would believe a fifteen-year-old student over a Professor? She decided that she would tell Peter as soon as she found him, but first she had to go to the library.

When she was finally let out of her misery in Defense Against the Dark Arts, she rushed toward the library. She had an essay due tomorrow in Professor Snape's class about Truth Potions.

She smiled at Madam Pince as she set all her work down at the table and began reading about Truth Potions. They were actually very fascinating, and Jillian didn't even notice when Peter came and sat down next to her.

"Truth Potions aren't really that helpful all the time."

Jillian jumped and accidentally hit Peter in the stomach as she tipped on her chair. She brought it back up with a loud thump and ducked her head when faces started turing toward her.

"Peter, you stupid idiot, don't scare me like that!" She whispered furiously.

Peter looked slightly sheepish, but didn't apologize. Instead he continued to rub the sore spot that Jillian had hit and said, "It's not my fault if you can't notice anything that isn't a book."

Jillian glared at him thoughtfully, then sighed. "What do you want?"

"Why would I want something?"

"Well, unless you are absolutely stricken with me, I would think you'd want something if you came over here. You're not improving my reputation, either, you being in Slytherin and all, and this essay is due tomorrow, so just tell me what you want."

"I just wanted to know if you were all right. You weren't looking well the last time I saw you," Peter hissed in reply.

Jillian blushed and muttered, "Yeah, thanks for the potion."

He nodded in return, then started off for the door, angrily. Jillian's mind suddenly clicked when she remembered something. "Oh, Peter, I was wondering if you still wanted to know anything about Professor Kilicus. You should also know that, in my family, forgetfullness curses usually wear off."

Jillian had to cover her mouth to keep from laughing at the way Peter froze and turned toward her slowly. His face had the strangest look on his face, surprised mixed with... was that fear?

This made Jillian curious, and she stood up to tell him about what had happened in the hall the night he had given her the potion.

They were interrupted by a girl coming up to Peter and saying, "Hey, Paneki, the Slytherin captain says to come to the Quidditch field. Now!" She walked away after raising an eyebrow at Jillian for being with Peter.

Jillian also raised an eyebrow at Peter and tried to stop the smile, but couldn't. "Your last name is Paneki?"

Peter blushed, turned away and muttered, "It's not like I had any choice of my last name."

Jillian coughed to break up the laugh coming up in her throat. "Peter Paneki - now, that has a nice ring, doesn't it ?"

"I have to go practice Quidditch."

With that, he left Jillian stading there, trying her hardest not to laugh. She also felt a little envious that Peter could be on the Quidditch team, but she also felt excited.

She walked quickly to one of the library shelves and pulled down a very large book. She settled into a chair and opened the book to the index.

When she got to the P's, she scanned through the names until she found Paneki. Page 467, it said. She opened up to Peter's family tree and read through it.

"Paneki comes from the Druids back in Merlin's time, interesting. What does it mean?" She kept muttering to herself as she read Peter's family tree. When she got to the very end, she read:

George Paneki - married to Maggie Peterson - no current children.


Jillian looked at the publication date of the book and gasped. It had been updated four years ago!



Author's note: A little something to think about. Finally, THE LAST NAME has come out, but either Jillian has the wrong family, or Peter has the wrong name. I used DiamondQuill's last name because I liked it and she was so persistent. Thank you for all your ideas, and review if you can. I love reviews.