Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Love at First Sip by Love_Me_Not_6964

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione rolled her eyes as Harry and Ron argued over different Quidditch players and who was more talented.

“Can you both please shut up!” she said, laughing slightly at the looks on their faces. “Honestly, I’ll never be able to finish this book with you two arguing at the top of you lungs. And, for God’s sake, can you talk about something other than that ridiculous game!”

They both gaped at her with offended looks. Ron’s mouth was opening and closing, but he couldn’t seem to find the words he was looking for.

“Well,” Harry said slyly, “Ron’s considering making a love potion--ouch!”

“What!” Hermione yelled, “Ronald Weasley, you know that’s against school rules! And don’t think that I won’t report you. You could get ex-”

“Hermione!” Ron interrupted, with a furtive glance at Harry, “He’s just kidding, aren’t you Harry?”

“Um...yeah...yes, I am just kidding.” Harry lied

“Good,” Hermione yawned, “Well, I’m going to go eat breakfast.”

As Hermione walked away Harry growled at Ron. “You didn’t have to kick me that hard.”

“Well, bloody hell, Harry; you’ve got to be right stupid to tell her that! She’s head girl and she takes it seriously. You know how she is about rules...she worships ‘em next to grades and books!”

“I know, Ron, I just wanted to see her reaction. Honestly, I was going to tell her it’s a joke!”

Ron rolled his eyes, muttering to himself, and walked away shaking his head. Harry heard him mumble something about breakfast and decided he was hungry, too.



Snape spent the entire hour criticizing the students’ potions. It was all he could do to keep his mind off of Hermione. “Miss Granger,” he reminded himself, “not Hermione.”

He heard her laughing at the front of the classroom. It sounded like wind chimes...oh, God, what was he thinking? Oh, but how he wished he could make her laugh like that, or at least be able to share her laughter. As the students filed out of class, some crying, he noticed Miss Granger lingering behind.

“You are cleaning up slower than usual, Miss Granger.” he said, attempting to sound cynical.

“Yes, professor...I was wondering if you know where that thing from yesterday is. I had intended to take it to Dumbledore to learn what it was.”

Snape stared at her blankly for a second. She didn’t know? He thought the whole school would be buzzing about it. Then again, she always did have her nose stuck in those books.

“Miss Granger, have you not noticed the absence of one of your own friends today?”

“Well, Neville is gone--” she stopped. “Professor...that...that thing...it was Neville?”

Snape Nodded.

“Is he all right?” she asked, concerned.

He nodded again.

Hermione covered her mouth and Snape stepped towards her, expecting her to cry, but then, to his surprise, she burst into fits of laughter. Snape stepped back in shock.

Hermione looked up at him with tears in her eyes. “Wow...was he...ugly!” she said, through fits of giggles.

Snape stood there utterly confused. What the heck was she laughing about?

"Miss Granger," he said, slightly uncomfortably, but gave up as he gazed upon her. In a way, he had made her laugh. In a way, he had gotten his wish.

When her laughter subsided, it left room only for uncomfortable silence. Hermione looked up at Snape, wiping tears from her eyes, then made an obvious attempt to compose herself.

“Thank you for carrying me to bed last night.” she said, turning cherry red.

Snape tensed and shifted uncomfortably. “Thank you for taking care of me once when I was drunk and, yet again, when I was unconscious."

Hermione nodded, then stood on her tiptoes and kissed his forehead. “Goodnight, Severus.” was all she said before grabbing her books and leaving.



Hermione needed a place to think; she needed a place that was quiet, a place where she wouldn’t be bothered or interrupted. What was she thinking calling Professor Snape “Severus.” Was she out of her mind? And why had she kissed his forehead? And his smell...why did it enchant her so?

“Hello, Hermione.” Moaning Myrtle sighed. Ever since she had been killed by the basilisk, she had dwelled in the bathroom Hermione now sat in. “Have you come to share my bathroom?”

“Hello, Myrtle, and no, I just came here so I could think.”

Myrtle drifted towards Hermione and handed her a glass of water. “Drink this,” Myrtle giggled, “It’s very refreshing.”

“Much obliged,” Hermione mumbled as she drank it, hoping Myrtle would go away.

Myrtle was not a ghost incapable of taking hints. With a wail she plunged into a toilet, splashing water all over the bathroom.

Hermione growled. Was there no place she could go without being bothered? As she stormed out of the bathroom, she ran into Neville, knocking him over.

“Neville!” she gasped in surprise, “I thought you were--”

“Yeah, Madame Pomfrey fixed me up. Took all of last night and today to do it,” he said, his face red with embarrassment.

Hermione gazed at him in wonder. Not only had she fixed him up, she had made him gorgeous!

“Draco put something in my potion.” he continued, “When I went to mix in the powder-stuff it just kind of exploded on me. Hermione, are you all right?”

“Y-yes,” Hermione stammered, “Neville, I never knew you were so smart! And how kind of you to ask me if I’m all right... so sweet.”

With a sigh she patted a very confused Neville on the head.



“Myrtle,” Ron said seriously, “For the last time, where is the potion? The love potion I was making. Remember? It was colorless, odorless, s’posed to make Emma Pallazetti fall in love with me?”

Myrtle giggled. “I gave it to a lovely girl with bushy, red hair. Can you guess who?”

Ron and Harry looked at each other wide-eyed. “Hermione!” they shouted in unison. As they flew down the corridor Harry yelled to Ron. “We have to make sure she doesn’t touch anyone!” Ron nodded and ran faster. They burst into the Gryffindor common room to find Hermione sitting in a chair, her nose an inch away from a parchment.

“Oh thank you, lord.” Ron sighed. Harry walked over to Hermione. “Hermione, are you ok? What are you doing?”

Hermione giggled and showed him the parchment. Written all over it was “I love Neville Longbottom” and “Mrs. Hermione Longbottom” encircled with hearts.

Ron cursed and turned as Neville snuck in. “Hey, Ron,” he whispered, “You don’t see Hermione around, do you? She’s been jumping at me all day! I don’t know what’s gotten into her!”

“Relax, Neville”, Ron said, “she took a love potion by accident and--”

Hermione looked up and squealed as she chased Neville around the furniture.

“We’re in deep shit this time, Harry,” Ron groaned.