Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Legacy of the Founders by VoldemortsPatronus

Printer
Summary: The war is on and the only person with the power to stop Voldemort's second reign of terror is sulking alone in a cold, dark room. The unexpected arrival of an old school chum in Privet Drive jolts him to action, however, as Harry begins his most exciting year at Hogwarts. Year 6 will include a visit to the ancient village of Godric's Hollow; a first hand account of the 1000 year old quarrel that ripped Hogwarts apart; a Fred and George-style farewell to a certain ex-Minister of Magic; and the discovery of the Half-Blood Prince, a mysterious figure who holds the key to winning the war...


(And, as J.K. says, what's life without a little romance?)
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Alternate Universe
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 49 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 202909 Viewcount: 263969
Published on: 01/19/05 Updated On: 08/01/07





1. Flight From Privet Drive by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2084 words)

2. A Muggle-Style Beating by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2379 words)

3. The Letter From Sirius by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (1190 words)

4. Owls and Ex-Ministers by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2076 words)

5. The Madness of Uncle Vernon by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (1393 words)

6. Special Delivery by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (4502 words)

7. Godric's Hollow by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2515 words)

8. Bloodlines and Ancestors by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2400 words)

9. Ruins of the Past by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2393 words)

10. Potter's Cove by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (1919 words)

11. The Visitors by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (4494 words)

12. Ambush in the Dark by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3350 words)

13. Back to Hogwarts by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3100 words)

14. The Closing of Gringotts by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2055 words)

15. The Welcome Feast by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2997 words)

16. The Vault of Hogwarts by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (5305 words)

17. Grishelda Grendelhall by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (4083 words)

18. Passing the Test by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2710 words)

19. The Four Founders by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (4191 words)

20. The Founding of Hogwarts by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2897 words)

21. Theories by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (1924 words)

22. Dumbledore's Assignment by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3548 words)
The trio researches Wulfric Gryffindor and shares more ideas. Harry finds something even more frustrating and distracting than the war with Voldemort....
23. A Late-Night Stroll by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3573 words)
Harry's discomfort continues. Ron and Hermione being otherwise distracted, Harry finds someone else to roam around the castle and wreak havoc with.
A/N- The second half of Chapter 22 was just posted, if you haven't read that this chappy won't make much sense. I'd suggest going back and reading it.


24. Romance and Ravenclaws by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3333 words)

25. The Second Diary of Rowena Ravenclaw by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (5016 words)

26. Voldemort Strikes by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2890 words)

27. Prophecy Revealed by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3994 words)

28. The Legend of the Half-Blood Prince by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (5872 words)
I'm going to apologize in advance for the abrupt way in which this chappy ends. It was getting extremely long and I realized it would work better if I split it. The second half is completed though and I will post it as soon as they let me. Thanks everyone for your reviews, they really help.
29. The Legend of the Half-Blood Prince, cont. by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2492 words)
Thanks everyone for your patience. My wife and I just had our first baby, so things have been a little hectic lately. Thanks again for the reviews, I love to hear what you have to say.
30. The Tower Room by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (7039 words)

31. Edgarin Smeade by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3975 words)
I'm back. Sorry for the delay, I've had a few adventures lately that have kept me from writing. I won't go into it here, but wrote about them in my blog: themickel.blogspot.com.

32. The Blood Traitor by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2530 words)

33. Return to Godric's Hollow by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (1872 words)
A short chapter, I know, but some important stuff happens here. I also had to set things up for the next chappy, which will be a doozy.
Also, cheers to the hardworking MNFF mods who have cut the wait time down significantly for new chapters. You guys are awesome.

34. Christmas Presents by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (5524 words)
Here it is. I regrettably take back what I said last chapter about wait times.
35. Giants and Centaurs by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (4570 words)

36. Secretsss by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (4091 words)
Here you go. One of my favorite chapters. I hope you like it.
37. The Crypt of Hogwarts by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (6747 words)
Sorry about the delay on this one. On top of this chapter being a beast to write, I've been pretty busy with the holidays (ironic, I know) and haven't been able to get to it as much as I would like.

My goal is to have the story finished by Christmas, though I doubt I can get the chapters approved quickly enough to have the entire thing up by then. Either way, thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write in with your thoughts. They are much appreciated.

38. The Third Diary of Rowena Ravenclaw by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (7907 words)
Here it is at last, sorry about the wait. This one just about killed me. Hope it's worth it. As always, let me know what you think.
39. The Unexpected Development by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2822 words)
I guess there really are three unexpected developments in this chapter, actually. Let's play a game - if you're the first to guess which one the chapter title is referring to, you win a super prize!*

*prize won't actually be that super.

Chapter 40 is pretty much done too. Again, thanks for your comments.

40. eriseD straeH by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (3215 words)

41. Fortune's Fool by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (2577 words)
3/02/07 - Made a few alterations to the chappy (mostly grammar and aesthetical). The mods are pretty busy, so the wait time for validation is getting extremely long (this one took nearly two weeks. If anyone wants to read the new chappy's while I'm waiting for validation, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.
42. Ginny's Trap by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (7796 words)
I can see now that the last 3 chapters would have worked better earlier in the story, before Harry finds the third diary. All I can say is--hey, I've never written a book before, so cut me some slack. I hope you enjoy it anyway, as this is my favorite chapter. I've actually had it in my mind, in one form or another, for more than 2 years now. I just hope I did it justice - please let me know what you think.




And for those of you who haven't enjoyed the brief romantic detour we've taken in the last 3 chappys, don't worry: it's pretty much all HBP from here on out.



Thanks for reading my story. Cheers!


43. Slytherin's Cave by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (5790 words)
Only six chappys to go.
44. The Last Diary of Rowena Ravenclaw by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (7671 words)
Here it is. This one came out twice as long as I anticipated, which explains the wait. The next one should be short but sweet. Again, thanks for your comments.
45. The Captive of Slytherin by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (5441 words)
This was fun to write, though it almost did me in. I'll be especially interested to hear what you think with this one.

Thank heaven for three-day weekends. I'm just about finished with the story and will get it up as quickly as the moderators allow.

46. The Half-Blood Prince by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (6901 words)

47. The Wizard Battle by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (9749 words)
Wow. If you ever want a challenge, try writing a chapter about a wizard war. There are a lot of bases to cover.

So I actually had to cut the last fourth of this chapter out and put it in the next because there is a word limit for submissions. The good news is the story is all but finished. I'll get it up as soon as the moderators clear it. My goal is to have it completely up by the time Book 7 comes out.

Cheers!



48. Destiny Fulfilled by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (9992 words)
Just one more to go...


49. A New Beginning by VoldemortsPatronus [ - ] (6025 words)
I've left my notes for the end of the chapter, as I had quite a lot to say and didn't want it to get in the way of the story.