Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Throughout Time Year 5-New Beginnings by SashaBT245

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"We won!!" Noelle sang as she and Lily headed to their room to change into more comfortable clothes.

"What is the party going to be like tonight?" she questioned Lily.

"Well, if Sirius is planning it, it will be crazy. Insane. All night. Lots of noise, food and butterbeer. Oh yeah, they'll probably rehash the game over and over. And over and over." Lily said ruefully.

Noelle laughed softly. "I take it you've been to a few of these."

Noelle studied her wardrobe. "Do we wear robes or Muggle clothes?"

Lily thought for a minute. "It really doesn't matter. You can wear anything you want."

Noelle pursed her lips. "I'm not sure. What are you wearing?"

Lily peered into her trunk. "Nothing."

Noelle's thin eyebrows almost disappeared into her hairline. "That will impress James, n'est-ce pas?"

Lily tossed a pillow at her friend. "Dirty mind. I meant, I have nothing to wear. Nothing at all."

Noelle shrugged. "Borrow something from me...I have plenty."

Lily snorted. "I will never fit into your clothes." Noelle's navy eyes twinkled. "Just try something."

Noelle turned to her closet again, and chose a pair of faded jeans. She pulled them on and studied her reflection in the mirror behind the door. The jeans sat low on her hips, fitting her snugly to the knee, then flared out slightly at the bottom. She chose a deep blue sleeveless shirt and tugged it over her head. Adding a dark brown leather belt and a pair of dark brown leather boots, she pinned up the sides of her dark blonde hair. Perfect, she decided, turning to Lily.

Lily was still standing forlornly in front of Noelle's closet. Noelle let out an exasperated sigh.

"Voila. Wear these jeans, this shirt, this belt and these shoes."

She tossed the clothes at Lily. Lily opened her mouth to protest, but shut it again at the look she received from Noelle. When she had finished dressing, she turned back to Noelle. There was a small smile playing on Noelle's lips. Even though the French girl was much more petite than Lily, her clothes fit her perfectly.

"Okay, what gives?" Lily asked Noelle.

Noelle laughed, "They are from a wizarding clothing shop. They make clothes that look like normal Muggle clothes, but they enchant them so they will fit anyone."

Lily stared at herself in the mirror. The jeans were a dark blue, and the shirt was a halter in a rich burgundy color that complimented her dark red hair. The boots were black and chunky heeled, giving her at least 3 more inches of height. Noelle pulled out her wand and said to Lily,

"Turn around."

Muttering an incantation under her breath, Noelle began to wrap thick chunks of Lily's hair around her wand. Within minutes, Lily's normally straight hair waved and curled down her back. Lily gasped when she saw herself in the mirror. She turned to Noelle. The blonde girl gave her a quick hug.

"Pas de probleme. (No problem.)"

Noelle heard noises coming from downstairs. "Laissez les bon temps rouler!!"

She grabbed Lily's hand and dragged her out of the room.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sirius was working on his fifth butterbeer when he spotted Noelle. She was standing next to the fire with Lily, casually talking with Remus and Brad Davidson, a Gryffindor sixth year. Noelle brushed her long hair over her shoulder with an elegant hand. She caught Sirius' eye and smiled gently at him. He swigged down the rest of his butterbeer and made his way over to the fireplace.

He tripped slightly on the rug as he reached them. Remus smiled knowingly at him,

"How's the butterbeer holding up?"

Sirius gave him thumbs up. James' voice echoed across the common room. He was telling the story of the game, for the third time that night.

In the middle of regaling Adam for his stunning catch, his eyes fell on Lily. For the first time in his life, James Potter was speechless. He had always thought of Lily as exceptionally pretty, but tonight she was well, she was amazing.

"Earth to James......hello?? You still there?" Sara Carter, the seventh year Captain of the team waved her hand in front of his face.

James shook his head, and finished the story quickly. Then he sauntered toward the fire where his two best friends stood with the girls.

Stopping at a table to collect a few more bottles of butterbeer, he popped the tops off. He passed Sirius and Remus a fresh bottle and held one out to each girl. Lily took hers eagerly, but Noelle eyed hers warily.

"It's only butterbeer. You'll be fine, unless you drink as much as Padfoot here!"

The boys laughed. Noelle cautiously took a sip. The warm liquid coursed through her body. She took another sip. This stuff was great, she thought to herself.

"Why do you call Sirius Padfoot? I have heard it many times." She questioned.

The boys shot uneasy looks at each other.

"It's just a nick name." Remus hastened. "More butterbeer?"

Noelle took the bottle he offered her, for her first one had quickly disappeared. She realized Sirius hadn't said a word.

"So quiet, Sirius. Is anything wrong?" her accent seemed so much thicker to her.

He looked down into her deep navy eyes. The butterbeer was telling him to take her in his arms and kiss her until she couldn't think straight, but deep inside, he knew better.

"No...I'm alright. Just tired."

She laid a hand on his arm. The muscles tensed where she touched him.

"You should go to bed."

He smiled, "What and miss the rest of the party?" He glanced around as he said this. The party was dying down.

James was talking to Lily, who looked as if she was enjoying herself despite her well known dislike of him. Other Gryffindors were milling around, finishing off the last of the butterbeer. Noelle discreetly yawned. He spun to face her,

"Am I boring you?" he asked with a seductive smile on his face.

Noelle's heart stopped in her chest. Her eyes studied his perfectly chiseled features. His tongue ran lightly over his sensuous lips. His grey eyes had a playful glint. At that point, she would have done anything he asked of her. He stepped closer to her. Heat radiated from his body. Noelle felt herself growing weak as she inhaled the scent of his skin. She looked down; her hand still rested on his arm.

Quickly, she removed it. Coming back to herself, she smiled at him weakly.

"It's late. I need to go to bed."

She glanced over at Lily and James. Lily was nodding off as well. Swinging her eyes back to Sirius, she saw the desire in his eyes. Placing her hand on her throat, she backed away.

"Good night Sirius. I will see you in the morning."

He smiled at her again. "Good night Noelle. Sweet dreams."

He whispered. He backed away towards the boys' staircase, and backed into a couch. Noelle giggled as he crashed backwards onto the couch. He performed a slight bow, and spun unsteadily on his heel. Turning, Noelle called to Lily. Lily said a quick good night to James and followed Noelle up the stairs.

Sirius made his way to his room. He bumped into the doorway. James quickly caught him before he fell.

"Padfoot, little too much to drink tonight?" James asked, sounding none too sober himself.

"I'm fine. Just want my bed." Sirius crawled to his four poster.

"James?" he whispered loudly.

James stuck his head between the bed curtains. Sirius rubbed his face with his hands.

"I'm in love with her."

James' eyebrows shot up. He pulled the curtains back and sat at the end of his best friend's bed.

"You're WHAT?" James looked shocked. "No, mate. You're just drunk."

Sirius shook his head. "No. I love her. I'd do anything for her."

James looked amused. "Padfoot, you need sleep. Then coffee. We'll talk about this tomorrow."

James stood to walk to his own bed. When he turned to check on Sirius, his friend was already asleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Noelle slowly undressed in her bedroom.

"James doesn't seem as annoying as usual. But I wish he would talk about something other than Quidditch and himself." Lily stated.

Noelle laughed half heartedly.

"Something bothering you, Noelle?" Lily questioned.

Noelle shook her head. "I am fine. Just tired." She quickly crawled into her warm bed, and fell fast asleep.