Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Throughout Time Year 5-New Beginnings by SashaBT245

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
When the five students exited the train, James’ mother was waiting for them on the Muggle platform. She hugged the boys, and turned expectantly to the girls to be introduces.

“Mom, this is Lily Evans and Noelle Lemieux.”

Mrs. Potter hugged both girls. “Lily, it’s so nice to finally meet you...James has told me so much about you!”

Lily turned the shade of her hair, and so did James. The others laughed.

They collected their trunks, and made their way to the street outside, where a large car waited. As the car pulled up to the Potter estate, Noelle stared at it incredulously. She had no idea that James lived in such splendor.

Once inside the great entrance hall, James’ mother began delegating rooms.

“James, Sirius and Remus will be staying in your room, right? So then the girls....Do you mind sharing a room?”

Both girls shook their heads. “Good. You can have the second room on the left...third floor.” They heaved their trunks to their shoulders and climbed the stairs.

Inside their room, both girls were speechless. There were two very large beds with soft goose down mattresses. The carpet was thick and luxurious. Lily wandered around, until she opened the bathroom door. Nothing had prepared her for this. The marble tub was sunken in the floor, and it was big enough for at least 4 people. The shower stall was similar to a waterfall with glass bricks that let in the sunlight.

“I’m taking a bath!” Lily called into the main bedroom.

Noelle peeked in and gasped. “I want one too!”

Just then, there was a knock at the outer door. Remus poked his head inside.

“Bathing suits! We’re going swimming!”

He turned and headed down the corridor. Noelle’s face fell.

“I did not bring one.”

Lily reached into her trunk. “James reminded me at the last minute.”

She tossed a bright red two piece at Noelle. “It might be a little tight in the top.” She said, glancing at Noelle’s chest.

Noelle blushed, “I am sure it will be fine.”

They rapidly changed, and pulled thick bathrobes over their suits.

“Is there not snow on the ground?” Lily inquired. “Where are we swimming?”

A house elf appeared out of nowhere. “Misses are looking for the pool?” it squeaked.

They nodded. “Follow me.”

They glanced at each other and shrugged. On the first floor, they were led down a long hallway. At the end there were a set of glass doors. They could hear the boys yelling inside. Lily pushed the doors open, and once again the girls gasped.

The pool was indoors, but it was made to look like a lake. The bottom could not be seen. Along one wall a cropping of rocks stood. High atop the wall was Remus. James treaded water below him.

“Oy! Evans!” he called.

Lily grinned and pulled off her robe. She leapt into the water beside him, drenching his face.

He growled, “I’ll get you for that one!”

Lily shrieked and swam to the left. Noelle laughed along with them. She didn’t see Sirius anywhere. Slowly, she let the robe slide down her tanned shoulders.

From across the pool, Sirius stared as if possessed. He was mesmerized by her long slender legs. The red bikini fitted her to perfection. His eyes slowly traveled the length of her slender figure until his grey eyes locked with her blue ones. She smiled, and reached up to pull the elastic out of her hair. Her dark blonde hair tumbled halfway to her waist. He never realized her hair was so long. Shaking his head, he dove into the pool and swam to where she was standing. She looked down at him. He reached up and grabbed her ankle. She fell unceremoniously into the water.

Sputtering, she surfaced. Her eyes shot blue flames at him. Before she could retaliate, James yelled,

“Chicken fights!”

“Yes!” Sirius yelled back.

He grabbed Noelle around the waist and lifted her to his shoulders.

“What’s going on?” she whispered, trying desperately to keep her balance.

“Just hold on tight, and try to knock Lily off James’ shoulders.”

The two boys collided. Lily and Noelle were laughing too hard, and they both fell to the water. Remus was doubled over on the side of the pool.

James’ mother entered the pool room.

“I’m having dinner brought in here. Oh and James, make sure you don’t leave your wet suits on the floor again.” She said, giving him a pointed look.

She left. Noelle climbed out of the pool with Sirius right behind her. Shivering, she looked for a towel. Sirius came up behind her and placed a fluffy towel over her damp shoulders, his hands lingering on her arms. Slowly, she turned to face him. They were inches apart. She could feel his hot breath on her face. She closed her eyes...