Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Throughout Time Year 5-New Beginnings by SashaBT245

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Catcalls echoed from the water. James was whistling at them.

“Damn.” Sirius swore.

Noelle pulled away from him and quickly sat on a chaise. She rubbed her arms with the towel briskly. She had almost kissed Sirius Black. Her head was spinning, and she didn’t think she could walk if she had to.

Thankfully, the house-elves entered with their dinner. Sirius covered the awkward moment. He pushed James back into the pool as he tried to climb out. He reached for a plate and began to fill it with food. They sat around, eating as much as they could hold. Remus belched loudly and rubbed his stomach. Yawning, he rose.

“I’m going to bed guys. Night.” He staggered off towards the boys’ room.

Lily dropped her shoulder and peered at James through her lashes.

“Show me around?”

James jumped at the chance to be alone with Lily. As she pulled her robe over her wet shoulders, Lily slyly winked at Noelle, and then left with James. Sirius and Noelle sat in silence for a few minutes. Sirius cleared his throat.

"Feel like going for a walk?"

Noelle smiled and nodded. "Let me go change into dry clothes."

She hurried up the stairs to the room she was sharing with Lily. Rummaging through her trunk, she pulled out a pair a pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt. Twisting her damp hair into a braid, she opened the door to leave. Sirius was standing outside her room. He had changed into a pair of faded jeans and a black sweater.

"There's something I want to show you." He inclined his head towards a staircase.

Wordlessly she followed him 3 floors up a spiraling staircase. At the very top was a door painted a deep midnight blue. He paused, and then pushed the door open. The room was on the smallish side, with many large fluffy pillows tossed on the floor.

"Look up." He whispered, his breath tickling her ear, sending shivers down her back. She glanced up.

The ceiling was a smooth pane of glass. She gasped. The heavens were shining brilliantly above her.

"I know Astronomy is your favorite subject. I thought you would..."

He wasn't able to finish, she had grabbed him tightly around the neck and hugged him.

Without wasting a second, she dropped onto some pillows, pulling him down besides her. She began to describe the constellations, her mellifluous voice causing him to hang on her every word. She turned her head slightly, peering at him out of the corner of her eye.

"You know, you are named after a star."

He nodded, "I'm not sure which one though." She lay flat on her back and tugged him backwards as well.

She pointed with a slim finger, "It is the brightest one in the sky."

He stole a glance at her. Her porcelain face was bathed in moonlight, giving her features an ethereal glow. Do it, Black, he said to himself. Reaching under a pillow, he withdrew a long narrow tube.

"I was going to wait until Christmas morning, but I think now is a good time."

He handed it to her. She looked at it curiously.

"Open it."

She pried the end off of the tube and pulled a piece of parchment with calligraphy on it. She studied it for a minute, and then raised her eyes to meet his.

"You bought me a star? And it was named for me?"

Her navy eyes were bright with tears. He nodded. The tears spilled over her lids. He wrapped his arms around her slim figure. Her whole body relaxed against his. She pressed her forehead against his firm chest. She could feel his heart beating, getting faster as each moment passed. He bowed his face into her blonde hair and inhaled deeply.

"What scent are you wearing?" he whispered.

"Lavender...I wear it all the time." She replied, still pressed against his body.

He pulled back slightly, and every inch of Noelle's being fought to stay pressed against him. He stared deep into her eyes. Kiss him, the little voice told her.

"What are you thinking?" he whispered.

"I am thinking of how much I would like to kiss you." She replied, her voice husky, stunning herself with her honesty. There was a sharp intake of breath, and then he spoke.

"Why aren’t you?"

She smiled seductively, "I do not know."

Tilting her face up to his, their lips met. Their very souls flew up to meet each other and she felt her heart entwine with his. So this is what they mean by soul mates, she thought. He is the other part of me.

Thoughts were flying through Sirius' head. Never before had he been so intoxicated by a kiss. It was a pure, innocent kiss of which he had never imagined. He never wanted it to end. His hands pressed into her back and one hand pulled the elastic from her braid. Her hair was almost dry and it felt like silk between his fingers.

"Noelle..." he whispered.

Gradually she pulled away from him. A small sound of protest escaped his lips. She still gazed into his eyes. Suddenly her face changed. She scrambled to her feet.

"Noelle, what's wrong?" Sirius questioned, reaching for her hand.

She snatched it away. "I'm sorry...I should not have..."

A pained expression crossed Sirius' face. She backed towards the door, trying to tear her eyes from the hurt and shock in his. Fumbling for the doorknob, she fled the room.