Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Studying Isn't Everything by smokeline

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Stupid Potions Class

~~~~~

Monday, November 17, 1997

Lunch


Argh! I feel like my brain is going to explode! That test was nearly as bad as the exam for our O.W.L.s! Who knew that there could be THAT many questions about the killing of goblins? And being the compulsive perfectionist that I am, I went over it THREE times after I was finished. I better get a good score. Stupid goblins.

At least we have a decent teacher this year. We’re doing more than just reading a pointless book like we did with Umbridge. That is a time that I would NOT like to repeat.

Though what really surprised me was that Harry didn’t show up for the test. It’s really very odd, as he doesn’t normally skip class. EVER. And DADA is his favorite subject! Something isn’t right. I’ll have to figure out what is going on. This is just SO not like him.

Later, Care of Magical Creatures

Ha! I knew something was going on! When Harry finally showed up just before this class, his lips were all red and he had a LOVE BITE! It’s basically hidden by his hair, but I was sitting next to him and I could see it. Mr. Potter has been off snogging someone...but who? Oh, he will be getting a little interrogation tonight! This will be fun...

10:00 pm, Common Room

Harry seems to have had a slight loss of memory. When I asked him about that little hickey he’s got, he just looked around the room as if he had no idea what I was talking about. Oh, but this is in no way over...

TO DO:

1. Start preparing for the next lesson with Ron.

2. Go read the next DADA chapter so as to be more prepared for the next test.

3. Figure out who Harry’s ‘mystery woman’ is and tease him about her.

4. Figure out who Ron’s ‘mystery woman’ is and get rid of her. (Come on, you know I could take her, whoever she is.)

5. Be even MORE sexy than I already am so as to entrance Ron into wanting me.

~~~~~


Tuesday, November 18, 1997

Potions


That bastard Snape. He’s so condescending. Apparently I need to be tested at 10:00 tonight, in the dungeons, to ensure that I am a worthy tutor. Has he never read one of my essays? I mean, he’s the one who gave them all O’s! Why the hell does he need to see me? He already KNOWS I can make potions nearly as well as he can. And now I have to go down to the dungeons when I could be sleeping instead. Grrr.

11:00 pm, Common Room

OH MY GOD! Snape made a damn pass at me! Ugh, it was so disturbing. Extreme icky shivers. I was down in the Potions classroom and I’d just finished my testing. Then he put his hand on my shoulder and said “You’ll do.” He could have been saying it as in ‘You’ll do as Ron’s tutor,’ but he said it in a very innuendo-ey way. He had this hungry look in his eyes. It made me want to just leave right away. Not that that's unusual with Snape... He gave me the uber wiggins. He should NEVER be touching me at all, let alone in the dungeons and with ulterior motives. I just wanted to go far, far away, so I stammered something about having to patrol and ran out. Oh, someone’s coming down. I better put this away.

Later

It was Ron! This is just great (NOT)! He saw me all teary-eyed about what Snape did. (Of course, he had to catch me at the time of the month where my eyes REFUSE to be dry!) He came and sat next to me and wrapped his big, strong, arms around me and let me cry. After I was done, he refused to let me go until I told him what was wrong. As much as I wanted him to make me stay, I told him anyways. He was really creeped out and his eyes went all angry and flashy. He told me he would never let Snape come near me again. Him being all protective of me is SO sexy, but I don’t think he meant it that way. And even though I was melting right then at his nice muscled chest that I got to lean against... woo, went off to dreamland for a moment there.

Anyways, what must he think of me now? Guys are known to be scared of crying girls. And there is no way that he could be un-phased by the creepiness that is Snape. But then why did he stay with me and hold me and let me use his shirt as a Kleenex? Why did he not awkwardly pat me on the back and suddenly have something else to be doing? I’m very confused. And I was weeping just because some teacher put his hand on my shoulder. I mean, it was Snape, and it was extremely creepy and gave me the shivers, but I still think I may have overreacted just a tad. It’s not like he raped me or anything (Why the hell did I write that? So many bad images! *shudder*) I’ll have to go read something to get all of this out of my head.

And I really have to remember to go to the library tomorrow. I don’t like having to pay overdue fines, and that is what is going to happen very soon. Must finish my books now!

~~~~~

Wednesday, November 19, 1997

Herbology


I could get used to this. Neville keeps answering all of the questions right. I can just sit back, do nothing, know all the answers, and end up with a bunch of points for Gryffindor. And it makes me look a lot less geeky when I’m not the one obsessively raising my hand. I like Herbology.

And we’re studying the plant asphodel. It’s used in the Draught of Living Death. How cool would that be? You’d be essentially dead for a couple of days. If someone recorded it all for you, you could see your own funeral and finally be able to answer the ultimate question: Who will cry when you die? It’d be extremely weird, but interesting. Maybe I should do that for my final exam. But I don’t think my friends or my parents would be too pleased with that. And it could go all Romeo and Juliet on me and backfire a whole lot. (Not that anyone would really love me so much that they felt the need to commit suicide upon my death, but still.) That would be not good.

Potions

Snape is giving me very icky looks. Like he’s all hungry and he wants to eat me up. Yuck. But Ron is noticing and giving Snape some looks of his own. Wait a minute...I just reread that sentence and it sounded a little wrong. Let me rephrase: Ron is noticing the looks and glaring daggers back at Snape. He is not pleased. It makes me feel all loved that he’s protective like that. I must remember to make him come with me on the patrols that I have to do alone. If Snape ever tries to corner me or something, he won’t have a chance. HA!

As you can tell, I’m a little bored. And I’m talking to my diary again. (Note to self: The diary does not have a brain, so it’s a tad insane to try to talk to it.) I’ve already finished my Polyjuice Potion as far as I can today. All I have left is to let it stew for a while. And Snape won’t let me help Ron during class time. Thinks it’s cheating or something.

Dinner

I think I may just collapse right now. My recent conversation:

Me: So, Ron, do we have another Potions session tonight?

Ron: No. But speaking of Potions, I noticed the looks that bastard gave you during class today.

Me: Ron, don’t worry about it. I’m probably just overreacting.

Ron: Dunno. You might not be. Just so you know, if he ever does ANYTHING to you, you can come to me and I’ll hex him into oblivion for you. I’m here if you need me.

Me: Um, thanks.

I’m not sure that the ‘thanks’ was understandable, as I said it in the quietist mumble ever. Who knew Ron could be so sweet? I think I’ve gone and fallen in love with him even more. I can’t decide whether to be happy or depressed about that. Because right now, I am absolutely smitten, and if he doesn’t fancy me back, there are going to be some extremely high shrink bills in the future.

News Flash: Hair now refuses to respond to Sleakeasy’s. Must have developed a resistance. I swear, this thing on my head is alive and growing poofier every day. Stupid hair.

Later

He did it again! Harry completely blew off our study session that we had planned. When he came back, he had the grin of someone who had been thoroughly snogged. He still won’t tell me who it is. Darn him. But I suppose it wasn’t so bad, as his abandonment meant that Ron and I had to study alone. I wish Harry had a secret girlfriend more often. I could get used to more alone time with Ron.

And I have made a decision about Lavender and Parvati’s party. I am going to be in denial and pretend that they just happened to miss giving me my invitation and that they want me there. I know the date and time from the one I stole, and they probably won’t even notice that I’m there anyways. (Note to self: Order new pajamas through that one clothes magazine that Lavender and Parvati are always looking at. I don’t think that pink and bunnies will do very well to get rid of the geek image.)

Oh, that’s odd. An owl just flew into the common room. They don’t usually do that. And, of course, it’s coming over to me. An emergency owl late at night can never be bringing good news.

And it’s not. It’s asking me to meet Dumbledore and the Head Boy, Anthony Goldstein, in his office tonight at 11:00. I wonder who’s been attacked now?