Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Studying Isn't Everything by smokeline

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

The Plan


~~~~~


“So, Parvati, you’re dating Harry?” I heard from across the room where I was standing and pretending I was having fun. This was it! I surreptitiously moved a little closer to them, positioning myself behind a nearby plant.


“Yep,” she answered with a giggle. I hate giggles. They are so annoying.


“So, what’s it like?” asked her ditzy friend, who couldn’t seem to say anything unless it began with the word ‘so.’


“Well...”


~~~~~


“Well...you know I’ve always wanted to properly date the Boy Who Lived. Though it was really cool to go to the Yule Ball with one of the champions, it still wasn’t as though we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Now that we are, I suppose he’s kind of dull like I expected. But it will be worth it if it gets me noticed.”


AHA! I knew it! The bitch! She was just using Harry to get herself some publicity! Well, she’s got another thing coming. I will make sure that he has dumped her before anyone even knows about their little relationship. Or, better yet, I will get Harry to dump her in front of everyone in the school...yes, that’s definitely much better. She’ll be noticed alright...


Later


“Psst, Gin,” I whispered.


“Yes, Hermione? Is there a particular reason you’re hiding behind that plant while talking to me?” she said with one of her eyebrows raised.


“Of course. I need to leave the party, so I don’t want anyone to come up and talk to me.”


“Right, because no one will want to come see why the hell I’m talking to a plant.”


“Exactly. Thanks for everything, Gin.”


“Oh, you mean risking everyone thinking I’m nutters?”


“Sure. That too. But mostly for forcing me to come to this party. I’ve gotten a confession from Parvati recorded on my wand!”


“Good for you. Now go. People are starting to look.”


With that, I left to go find Ron and start planning.


11:00, Boys Dormitory *grin*


“Ron! Wake up!”


“‘Mione? What the hell are you doing here? I was sleeping!”


“Yes, Ron, I noticed. Now get up. I need your help.”


“With what? Why can’t it wait until tomorrow?”


“Because. It can’t.”


“Don’t dodge the subject. I am not getting out of bed until you tell me why you’re in here waking me up at eleven o’ clock at night.”


“I’ve just gotten a confession of Parvati’s evilness.”


“How wonderful. Now why can’t it wait, again?”


“Because.”


“Right.”


I slipped out of the dorm just as he started to get out of his bed.


11:04, Common Room


“Okay, so what are we going to do?”


We are not going to do anything. You, however...”


Ron groaned. “As brilliant as you are, I can’t help but be slightly scared of what you’re going to tell me.”


“No need to be scared. Harry will probably forgive you eventually,” I said with a mischievous glint in my eye. He must have picked up on it.


“‘Mione, are you okay?”


“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be? We’re about to humiliate Parvati in front of the entire school.”


“Um, because you’re acting a little...how should I say this...insane.”


“That’s beside the point. Okay, the first thing you’re going to have to do is...”


One plan explanation later...


“You want me to do WHAT? Harry is going to murder me, cut up my body into little tiny pieces, and feed them to the giant squid!”


“Come on, it’s a necessary part of the plan. Like I said, I’m sure he’ll forgive you eventually.”


“He can’t forgive me when I’m dead!”


“Relax. You’ve got to suck it up, because we have to do it tomorrow at lunch or the recording will fade.”


“Fine. I’ll do it. But you owe me....” He looked at me wearily.


“Of course,” I said with a very innocent look on my face. One that said I did not just come up with a very evil plan that could humiliate one of my classmates and betray one of my best friends.


~~~~~


Sunday, November 30, 1997


Just Before Lunch


“So, are you ready?”


“Yeah, but could you show me the spell one more time? I don’t want my wand to decide to conjure up a tap dancing spider or something instead.” He gave a little shudder.


“Sure. It’s Mostrare Il Passato,” I told him, “and don’t forget to swish and flick. Oh, and make sure you are pointing clearly at my wand.”


“Okay...Mostrare Il Passato...Mostrare Il Passato...Mostrare Il Passato,” I heard him mutter as he left the room to go to the Great Hall. Oh, this is going to be good.


Lunch


“So, Harry,” Ron started tentatively. I looked at him and smiled to give him support.


“Yes?”


“I know who your girlfriend is.”


“What? How?” he stammered.


“Hermione,”


Harry just glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders. “It slipped,” I said, with an angelic look on my face. He just kept glaring.


“Well, who is it then?” Harry asked, “I want to make sure she’s told you right.”


Ron leaned over and whispered something to Harry, apparently having the tact not to tell the whole table. How boring of him.


Harry just kept glaring. I took that to mean we were right.


“All right, so now you know,” he said. “What do you think?”


“Um...I think you should...er...”


“Spit it out.”


“Ithinkyoushoulddumpher,” he mumbled.


“What? I can’t tell what you said?” Harry said, sounding slightly annoyed.


“I think you should dump her.”


“Really, now?”


“Um, yes.”


“Well, in that case, perhaps I should take your advice and dump someone“you.”


Ron looked very uncomfortable with the whole situation. I had to look at him and nod before he would continue with the plan. I felt a little bad for making him do this, but I couldn’t perform the spell on my own wand. It wouldn’t have worked.


“Harry, I’m really sorry for this, but I have to do it.”


Ron took a deep breath and said the spell.


Mostrare Il Passato...


TO DO:


1. Make sure that the damn spell worked properly.


2. Figure out a way for Harry to forgive us when this is all over. I should probably start right now, as that could take a while.


3. Be there to comfort Ron when Harry disowns us until aforementioned plan works. (The one in TO DO number two, not the one that is already in process.)


4. Set up a time to meet with the House Elves after this is all over, because I don’t think I’ll be getting around to much lunch.


5. Relax and pray that everything will work out.

~~~~~


AN: “Mostrare Il Passato”“Italian for “To Show the Past”