Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

All's Well That Ends Well? by Shock

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Just to warn any readers, Anne is an Asian but she is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT BASED ON CHO CHANG! She's actually based on my best friend slash heroine. She's not even Chinese as a matter of fact; she's Korean.

“She actually stood up for me. Ho-ly-shi--”

“She did, didn’t she.”

James jumped and turned to find Anne standing next to him with her arms crossed and smiling a very dignified looking smile.

“Oh! Hey Wu. Er-forgot that you…were…there…”

James voice trailed off as his hazel eyes searched for Lily’s glowing red hair. Anne stared at him for a while and then slapped him sharply across the arm.

“OW! What the hell was that for!” James shouted as he furiously rubbed his arm and stood on his tip-toes as he tried to catch a glimpse of Lily.

Anne gave James the evil eye.

“First of all, I’m not accustomed to being ignored like I’m some misbehaved house elf. Second of all, I don’t like you checking out my best friend. And third of all -” Anne slapped James once more ("OW WOMAN!"), grabbed him by the arm, and spun him around to face her. “I think your six years of chasing around Lily are about to pay off.”

James stopped trying to find Lily with Anne’s final sentence.

“What are you talking about, Wu?” James said slowly. His heart had suddenly started to beat very fast.

But Anne was not a person to be toyed with and decided to torment James and let him figure it out for himself, and before James could say another word, she gave him a piercing stare, turned gracefully on her heels, and disappeared into the crowd.

James stood there with his mouth slightly open before shaking himself and walking into the crowd himself, muttering “women.”

Lily had stepped into the train and had started walking down the length of it trying to find someone she knew. She was still blushing madly at the thought that she, Lily Evans, had stood up for him, James Potter, the Marauder, the he-fiend, the devil, the lump of messy hair, the stupid four-eyed crazy tall smart handsome-”

No! Not tall, well okay, so he’s a tiny bit taller than me, so what? And he is pretty smart… in a really bad and evil way! And he is not handsome! Handsome in a friggin hippogriff’s rear end! Grrr…

She stopped mid-step and mid-thought for she had finally found a familiar face. In a compartment sitting alone was Lily’s other close friend, Alice.

“Lily hon! Hi!”

Lily smiled and stepped into the compartment. It had been a long time since they had been together without Frank Longbottom, Alice’s boyfriend. Frank was a year older than them and had finished his seventh year already.

“Alice, I missed you so much over summer! How are you?”

Lily looked at her round-faced friend. She had been a little angry at Alice for not writing to her or Anne all summer but her anger faded as she looked into Alice’s kind, warm eyes.

“It was okay. I’m so sorry I didn’t write! But I was with Frank and I wanted to spend all the time we could get together since we wouldn’t be seeing each other at all this year and I just completely forgot-- well I didn’t forget! But---”

“I understand. I thought that it might be something like that. You’ll just have to really plead with Anne though because she’s really pissed, not to mention feeling betrayed.”

“That’s right.”

Lily and Alice turned in their seats to find Anne leaning on the side of the wall. She walked in, closed the door and sat next to Lily, opposite of Alice.

“You put us off again for that stupid Longbottom, didn’t you?”

“He’s not stu--” but Alice cut off her sentence as Lily gave her a look that plainly said “don’t do it if you don’t want the life beaten out of you.”

Alice cleared her throat.

“I’m really sorry. I just wanted to be with Frank, that’s all.” Alice gave Anne the teary-eyed puppy dog face.

“No!” Anne screamed, causing people passing by to stare. Anne shut her eyes tightly and pursed her lips.

“You know that face always melts me! Evil witch.” Anne opened her eyes slowly and smiled. The three of them burst into laughter. The trio had been reunited again.

“Ooh Lily! You’ve been made Head Girl? Congratulations!” Alice squealed upon sighting the Head Girl badge proudly pinned to her robes.

“Yeah…” Lily flushed with pleasure.

“Lily.”

Lily turned to look at Anne. She was giving her a serious glare.

Uh-oh, Lily thought instantly. That glare only meant one thing: she had forgotten something extremely important….

“OH MY GOSH! I have to be in the Heads' compartment with the others!” screeched Lily. “I’ll catch you guys later!” and with that, she rushed out the door.

Anne and Alice looked after her, sighed, and began to chat. They were used to Lily’s forgetful nature. She was even more forgetful than Alice and that was saying something.

She was so late! The train had started to move five minutes before. Lily tore down the hall, shoving people aside, upsetting cages, and literally making a first year fly five feet in the air because she had thrown him aside.

“Sorry!” she yelled over her shoulder.

“Well well well. Angel Head Girl Evans not as sweet and innocent today?”
Lily stopped dead in her tracks.

She faced the speaker.

Bellatrix Black.



A/N: I know I know; eveything is short so far but it gets better soon! I promise. In the meantime, please review!