Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

All's Well That Ends Well? by Shock

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: This chapter is dedicated to my wonderful beta! You're the best!!

“I thought he was very convincing,” Remus said in a satisfied tone.

“Did you see old Prongsie? He was so damn pissed!” barked Sirius with laughter.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen James so mad! That’s good because that means he really loves Lily,” smiled Alice.

“I told you my plan was brilliant,” said Anne, holding her head high.

“Yeah, with the four of us working underground, Prongs and Lily will have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Mwa ha ha ha!” Sirius bellowed. Remus, Anne, and Alice all clapped their hands on Sirius’s mouth.

“Shhh! Shut up! You’ll give away our plan!” Anne whispered furiously, eyes flashing warningly.

“Oh, right. Sorry,” Sirius grinned rather stupidly as the three of them drew away their hands.

“Sirius, you can’t stay quite for a full minute can you?” Alice sighed.

“Nope,” Sirius answered nonchalantly.

“Tch. Such an attention seeker…” Alice playfully slapped Sirius’s shoulder, upon which he immediately grabbed his shoulder as if it had been cursed and started acting out a dying scene with full sound effects. Alice giggled and applauded.

Anne gave Remus a tired, strained look.

“How long do you think he’ll take while ‘dying’?” she groaned while rubbing her eyes.

“Hmm…I’d give it about two more minutes,” Remus replied while staring analytically at Sirius, who was now rolling around the floor making gagging noises.

Everyone waited and, sure enough, two minutes later, Sirius was back on his feet, his hair handsomely tasseled.

“Done?” Anne asked.

“Yes!” beamed Sirius.

“Okay, back on earth now…so, Plan Potter and the Flower Part A has been a success thus far!” Anne said triumphantly as she slammed her fist into her hand.

“Hey, hey! Shouldn’t our little group have a name?” Sirius suddenly asked excitedly.

“No,” answered Anne and Remus immediately.

“Hey, I think Sirius has a good point. I want a name for our group,” piped up Alice. Anne and Remus both glared at Alice, as if to say “Now you’ve done it.”

“See! Alice thinks it’s a good idea! Hmm… what should we call ourselves…I know! What about The Society of the Magical and Sparkly Orange Butterflies?”

“The Society of the Magical and Sparkly Orange Butterflies,” Anne and Remus repeated exasperatedly.

“Yah!”

Alice laughed.

“I like it! The Society of the Magical and Sparkly Orange Butterflies!”

“Yay! We now officially have a name!” Sirius started dancing in a little circle. Alice soon joined in.

“You can call it whatever you want as long as you shut up!” scowled Anne, who was now reaching boiling point.

“I second that,” said Remus grinning.

“What? What’s wrong with The Society o-”

“Shh!” Anne shushed furiously, “we must observe the specimens!”

She and Remus turned mysteriously around and peered through the door of the tutoring room which was slightly ajar. Sirius and Alice stopped dancing with a final twirl and followed suit.


Lily had stopped crying fifteen minutes later. However, she was still holding on to James. He gently rubbed her back, and she felt herself relaxing. She felt as if she could go on with her life now as the stress that had been piling up all day started to drain away. She slowly pulled away from James.

“You feel better?” James asked tenderly.

“Yes. I’m okay now.”

James handed her his handkerchief .

“Here.”

“Thank you,” Lily blew her nose, staring silently at the ground.

“I’m sorry that you had to see me like this,” she spoke up after a while. “ I don’t break down that easily. I don’t know what came over me…”she trailed off her sentence, still staring at the floor.

“No, it’s okay! I mean, I don’t like to see you crying, and I still regret not cursing that little dumbass…” James snarled.

Lily gave a small laugh, surprising James. He smiled nervously, looking into Lily’s gorgeous green eyes. They reminded James of two deep, pure pools of water.

Lily looked up and saw James peering into her face.

“What, do I have something on my face or something?” Lily asked worriedly, hurriedly wiping her cheeks with her sleeve.

“No! I mean…just…your eyes. They remind me of a clear pool. Hey…you’re a water lily!” exclaimed James suddenly.

“What?”

“Water Lily!”

“And why exactly am I a water lily?” Lily grinned despite herself.

“Well…your eyes are pools…and, er, well…you were crying and all and, I mean, if you cried anymore you’d probably create a river and, well, you’d probably float or something…”

“Oh, I get it! I’d float like a water lily right?”

“Yeah! ‘Cause your name is Lily and, yeah….”

James looked up cautiously at Lily, reminding her of a puppy that had disobeyed its master. She stared at James for a second and then exploded into laughter, startling even herself.

“What? What’s so funny? What I said wasn’t that stupid…was it?” James frowned.

“No…no. Oh, I don’t know!” Lily choked with laughter. James sat there dumbfounded for a while, then started to laugh himself. In a matter of seconds, both of them were rolling on the floor, laughing uncontrollably.


“Hey, what’s going on? Are they laughing? What the hell?” Sirius tried to poke his face in between Remus’s and Anne’s.

“Quiet!” Anne hissed. She peered through the crack between the wall and the door. “Yup, they’re having a good time. He he he…” Anne snickered mysteriously. “All right, team-”

“Excuse me! It’s the Society of th-”

“Okay okay!” Anne heaved a deep sigh, “S.M.S.O.B, it’s about time for Part B of our plan. Now, Remus and Sirius, you’re absolutely positive that James will do what you think he will?”

“We’re one hundred percent sure Anne, so don’t start freaking out,” Remus assured her. Alice beamed at Remus and Anne.

“What’s so funny?” Sirius inquired, noticing Alice’s cheerful expression.

“Oh, nothing. I’m just happy that there will be two happy couples by the end of this year,” Alice smiled.

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing, nothing at all,” Alice said nonchalantly, staring up at the ceiling.

“Okay…” Sirius frowned. “Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Master Wu, why isn’t Wormtail allowed in on this whole thing?”

Anne’s face, which had been staring confusedly at Alice, suddenly grew grave.

“I…I have my reasons. And besides, you know as well as I do that Pettigrew is clumsy, and we can’t have any mistakes going on in our plot.”

“Clumsy! If you want to talk about clumsy, then we should just fire Alice right now!”

“Hey!”

“Sorry, no offense.”

“Much taken!”

“Hey, I said sorry and, besides, the truth hurts!”

“WHAT?” Alice screeched. The two began to bicker furiously.

“Shouldn’t we break it up?” Remus asked, sounding a little worried.

“Nah. It’ll keep them busy for now. Besides, if I hear the words ‘sparkly’ and ‘butterflies’ one more time, I’m gonna crack!” Anne exclaimed.

Remus laughed and started massaging Anne’s shoulders.

“Easy Master Wu.”

“Oh shut up, Moony.” Anne waved his hands away but smiled anyway. She gazed into his warm eyes. He was such a wonderful person…

Alice and Sirius soon stopped arguing. They were both huffing heavily.

“Hey, aren’t we supposed to be putting Part B into action or something?” Sirius growled irritably.

“What, oh yeah. Hurry!” Anne turned around to the great marble staircase and started heading outside.


It took twenty minutes for James and Lily to finally stop laughing.

“Whoo…I haven’t laughed that hard in a while,” Lily said, wiping the happy tears from her eyes.

“Yeah, me too,” James replied as he raised himself from the ground. He held out his hand for her, and she took it. He pulled her up but did it a little too hard so that she fell straight into his arms. She peered up into his face.

“He’s tall“ Lily thought dazedly.

“Hey, um, you want to go outside for a sec before patrolling?” James asked hesitantly.

Before Lily could think properly, she answered, “Sure.”

“Great! Follow me, Water Lily!” James ran towards the door. He opened it and paused.

He turned around and grinned at Lily.

She hesitated, then grinned back.

“Let’s go!” She ran to him.

A/N: Some more fluff! Yay-fluffy fluffy! Review pleaz!