Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Life by fire_Lily_flame

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
------------------------------------------------------------------------


He tilted her head so that he could see her emerald green eyes filled with emotion. Green eyes met hazel eyes. He could see admiration, fear, and confusion in them.

How can you see into my eyes like open doors

‘Trust me,’ he whispered, leaning down slowly with his fingers still holding her chin.

Leading you down into my core

Where I’ve become so numb without a soul


Lily likes James but she’s just too scared to love and get hurt so she bowed her head, pushed James away, whispered, ‘I’m sorry,’ and ran up to her room.

My spirit sleeping somewhere cold

Dinner was very quiet and they were both uncomfortable.

Until you find it there and lead it back home

Wake me up


*BANG*The racket announced the arrival of several Death Eaters in the house.

Wake me up inside

I can’t wake up

Wake me up inside (Save me)


Lily and James tried to fight them off, ‘STUPEFY!’ ‘TARANTALEGRA!’ ‘EXPELLIARMUS!’ ‘FURNUNCULUS!’ they cried.

Call my name and save me from the dark

It was useless, there were just too many of them and Lily and James were outnumbered.

Bid my blood to run

They advanced on Lily, ‘EXPELLIARMUS!’ one of the Death Eaters called catching her wand.

Before I come undone

Two Death Eaters grabbed her arms and carried her off, ‘JAMES! HELP! JAMES!!!’ she screamed. James tried to go and save her but the rest of the Death Eaters blocked his way. With a POP! They all disapperated with Lily.

Save me from the nothing I’ve become

‘NOOO! LILY!!’ he called dropping on all fours; he gripped his wand tightly and hung his head.

Now that I know what I’m without

Lily was taken to a shack, tied to a chair, and was questioned.

You can’t just leave me

‘Who’s the spy Mudblood? ANSWER ME!’

‘NEVER!’

‘CRUCIO!’

‘AAAAAHHHHH!!’

Breathe into me and make me real

She was bleeding and shaking uncontrollably from the several times the unforgivable had hit her.

‘HAHAHA! Lock her up! She’ll crack soon enough when our Lord comes! Stupid Mudblood!’ Lily was locked in a dark, cold room still tied to the chair but she could see a hidden door just to her left.

Bring me to life

Wake me up


*BAM* The door into the shack burst open revealing James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Frank Longbottom, Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks and the rest of the members of the Order.

Wake me up inside

I can’t wake up

Wake me up inside (Save me)


‘EXPELLIARMUS!’ ‘CRUCIO!’ ‘PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!’ ‘LOCOMOTOR MORTIS!’ ‘CONFUNDUS!’ ‘INCARCERUS!’Thousands of spells were flying back and forth, here and there…

Call my name and save me from the dark

Lily, glad of hearing some kind of diversion, struggled against the ropes binding her and the chair together.

Bid my blood to run before I come undone

The ropes fell and Lily stumbled through the door to her left with bloodied hands.

Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Bring me to life


It was snowing outside and Lily’s head was painfully pounding while she ran and tripped through the thick snow.

Frozen inside without your touch without your love

She picked herself up and tried to run again but she was too tired, too shaken and too dizzy which she thought was probably because of all the blood she’d lost.

Darling only you are the life among the dead

She leaned against a tree, but standing seemed to take too much energy from her. She fell on the snow on both hands and feet causing some blood to splatter on the elegant white snow.

All this time I can’t believe I couldn’t see

Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me


James and a Death Eater were fighting furiously but he couldn’t help but think, Lily? Where are you? Please don’t be dead. ‘PROTEGO!’ he cried as his enemy sent another spell towards him.

I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems

Got to open my eyes to everything


Outside, Lily started to crawl on the snow; I’ve got to do this for James, she thought as a smiling picture of James popped into her head, I need to tell him…I’ve got to tell him…my feelings.

Without a thought without a voice without a soul

‘PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!’
and with a thud James’ enemy fell to the floor. Panting slightly he glanced out the window. It was snowing and a figure was trying so hard to crawl through it. Then he noticed a trail of red blood the person is leaving behind and it him like a rock…

Don’t let me die here there must be something more

‘Lily!!!’ he shouted.

Bring me to life

He ran towards the exit but two Death Eaters blocked his path.

Wake me up

Wake me up inside


Lily’s head snapped up as a shadow loomed over her, ‘Trying to escape?’ smirked Voldemort. James saw Voldemort standing in front of Lily.

‘NOOO! God damn you! GET AWAY FROM HER!’ he yelled.

I can’t wake up

Wake me up inside (Save me)


Lily froze, he held his wand at her throat, Good-bye James, I’m sorry, she thought as Voldemort said, ‘AVADA--’

James finished the two Death Eaters with the full body bind curse again and saw outside –

‘Dumbledore,’ spat Voldemort in a shocked voice as a man appeared before him.

‘Voldemort, killing another innocent living person I see.’ He said looking at an entirely pale and shaken Lily.

Call my name and save me from the dark

‘It’s none of your business!’ he said but thought otherwise, ‘Death Eaters!’ he called and they all vanished.

Bid my blood to run before I come undone

‘Lily!’ James shouted running towards her. It’s so cold, she thought. She was shaking violently and collapsed into James’ open arms when he kneeled in front to catch her. He turned her body around so that she was lying on the snow with her head on his lap. To his horror, he saw her face smeared with blood and her lips were blue.

Save me from the nothing I’ve become

‘Lily, wake up! Come on! Don’t leave me! Not now!’ he cried, his voice cracking. Sirius and the other members watched from the shack feeling his grief. Sirius leaned against the doorframe for support. Lily felt warm droplets of water making contact with her cheeks. I’ve got to tell James. I have to before I die, she thought. Is he crying? She gently fluttered her eyes open and saw James crying above her. ‘James,’ she whispered.

Bring me to life

He stopped crying for a second when he heard her voice, ‘Lily! You’re alive! HA!’ he said happily wiping away his tears. She smiled at him. ‘I love you, don’t scare me like that.’ He whispered.

‘James,’ she paused and said, ‘I love you too.’ She said that part a little louder so that the others could hear, and they did. They let out sighs of relief and happiness. James laughed out loud and kissed her softly on the lips.

When they broke apart, Dumbledore spoke, ‘Mr. Potter, I believe Ms. Evans needs to rest and go to St. Mungos right now.’ James nodded and Lily soon fell asleep in his arms.


------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is my first ever song fic so please REVIEW! I love
Evanescence's Bring Me To Life song and I love James and Lily so I decided to put them together. Hopefully you guys liked it. You can tell me what you think about it. BE HONEST!

So I guess Lily was the one brought to life afterall.

Thanks for reading! Please REVIEW! Any suggestions for another song fic or story are welcome. REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!!!