Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Memories by Fredslover

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It all hapened in an instant. All Remus heard was three screams and three hard thumps as his friends hit the dusty floor.

They were jerking around like they were having some sort of fit, but he didn't touch them, so that he didn't ruin the tranformations.

After a few minutes the jerking finally slowed to a stop, and something else started.

It happened to James first. Remus watched as his friend's nose started to grow longer, and the tip of it turned back while the rest was a furry shade of tan...then his face narrowed and turned the same furry tan color, and his glasses fell off of his face, the rest of his body turned into an unexpected animal...a stag now laid where the body of James once was.

He then turned his attention to Sirius...or at least what was left of Sirius...he was changing also...into a...a...dog? Yes...a large shaggy dog, tail and all...

He looked over to where Peter had been and saw...nothing...or was there something under Peters cloak? He walked over, lifted the cloak, and laughed at what he saw...Peter was a rat!

All three animals started to sturr, slowly at first, but then realizing that it had worked they shot up and were looking eachother up and down...

It worked! Remus thought to himself. And that was the last human thought he had, because the pain that came with transforming into a wherewolf, started unexpectantly...starting at his feet, that were getting to large for his shoes, and up his legs that became lean and very furry, his pants ripped and fell to the floor, as the pain moved up to his chest, that burst from his shirt, and the pain settled in his head as always as the changing finished with his face, that he knew was now the shape of a wolf.

The wolf opened his eyes and sniffed the air around him...something was different...he smelled...other animals. He turned his head and saw where the smell was coming from...there was a dog and a stag standing in front of him...but he smelled something else as well, there was another animal somewhere...and then a sharp pain shot through his paw and he looked down to find a rat chewing on it...

Some how the wolf wasn't mad at the rodent, in fact he didn't seem suprised that any of these animals were here...it was like he had expected them...

He gently shook the rat off his paw and gazed at the two other animals that were getting up.

The dog walked over to him and bravely licked his ear, and backed off waiting for his response.

If wolves could smile this would have been smile worthy. It was abvious that these animals didn't mean him harm..it was more like they were his friends...

Then all of a sudden, the dog pounced on the stag that was beside it. But it was a playful pounce that made the wolf want to play...so he grabbed the rat by the tail and draggd it around the room. It squeeked helplessly, and he felt sorry for it and reluctantly dropped it.

The other two stared at him in amusement, and the dog barked once and ran to a hole in the floor of the hallway..it was a tunnel...he looked at the dog cocking his head.

But the dog didn't do anything else to explain, he jumped down the hole, followed by the stag and the rat...so the wolf followed.

They walked the tunnel, and reached the end fairly quickly, it was wet outside...outside...the wolf hadn't been out of that house in months, there was so many things he wanted to do...but first...he ran over to the stag and barked...causing it to rear back on its back hoves, and galloped in the opposite direction, looking back as if daring him to follow...he did...he chased it through the front bushes of the forest and back out, as rain poured on his furry head making it hard for him to see. Finally the stag stopped and stared at him, the wolf haden't even stopped running. He jumped on the stag's back causing it to tumble over, and bit playfully on its ear, letting out barks of pleasure...this was fun...the dog and rat had joined in...they were play restling, and the wolf was enjoying himself, for the first time since he was little.

These animals weren't running in terror when they saw him, or attempting to kill him...they were playing with him...like friends...


Suddenly Lupin was back in Grimauld Place...laying on the couch. The fire was now burned down to nothing but a few glowing embers. That was the third time in a row that he had that dream...he knew he would, he always had that dream a few nights before he tranformed...

There was a rustle of leaves on wood behind him, and turning his head he saw that he had left the window open, and leaves were floating in. He got up and groaned as his leg muscles argued against the movement...it was one of the signs that it was almost time for the change...all his muscles would be sore...

Reaching the window, he looked up at the starless sky, and saw that the moon was almost full...just a few more nights and it would be time...just a few more nights and he would transform...again...just like in his dream, except this time he'd be alone...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Done! Yay! I know it's short, but I like it...