Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I love...who? by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

Herbology

Oh...my...*gasp*...I just found a note in my herbology book! "Every morning I look forward to seeing you - you brighten my days." HOW CUTE IS THAT?! A love note! Someone ACTUALLY sent ME a love note! Maybe it's from Ron... Oh I hope it's from Ron! I've liked him for just about...I don't know...FOREVER.

That would definitely make my day.

Or maybe it's just a joke! Maybe someone thought it would be funny to make me think I have a secret admirer...that'd be so mean...But who would want to do that to me? Pansy? But...she's not in my herbology class, how would she be able to put something in my book? It has to be someone who would have access to my herbology book - Ron has access to my herbology book - but so does everyone else in this class.

No...it has to be from Ron...he's staring at me now...

**REASONS WHY THIS NOTE COULD BE FROM RON**

1.) He would have access to my herbology book and is always going through my stuff anyway, so it wouldn't look suspicious

2.) He acts like he likes me...sometimes

3.) He sees me every morning, so the note would make sense

4.) He's staring at me

5.) He's adorable. Ok, this is not a legitimate reason, but it's true

6.) The handwriting in the note looks somewhat like his

7.) I've been wishing for something like this to happen for so long that I just might've wished it true

8.) I wouldn't know who else would want to send me a love note

9.) If it's not from him, I think I just might go insane




Lavender Brown was utterly confused. She had been sitting at the Gryffindor table beside Parvati, eating and talking happily like she did every day. Together they were gossiping about Patricia Flamword's heinous new haircut, when Neville Longbottom took a seat beside her. Lavender eyed him curiously.

"How're you?" he asked as if he spoke to her on a daily basis.

Lavender didn't know what to think. "Umm...I'm fine I guess," she replied slowly. "How're you?"

"I'm wonderful."

Why wasn't he sitting with his friends? "Do you...do you need somehthing?" she inquired.

At first he looked a bit puzzled. "Didn't you get my..." His eyes moved to Parvati. "Oh, I see...you haven't mentioned it to her yet. It's all right. If you're not ready for her to know about it, I understand."

Now Lavender was beyond confused. What was he talking about? "I haven't mentioned what to her yet?"

He smiled. "Right, I got it."

At this point, Parvati had become very interested in Neville's strange decision to strike up a conversation with her best friend. She tugged on Lavender's arm and motioned for her to lean in.

"What does he want?" she whispered in Lavender's ear.

"I don't know!"

"Why does he suddenly want to talk to you?" she wondered.

"I have no idea!"




Of course, Neville thought to himself, how could he have been so stupid. Lavener hadn't told him about her feelings in person because she didn't want Parvati to know. She probably felt self-conscious about letting her best friend know that she had a crush on someone as clumsy and awkward as Neville. Parvati, obviously, knew nothing of Lavender's love note. Neville knew well enough not to bring it up, as this would probably mortify her.

"Do you need something?" Parvati interrogated him. "Is there any particular reason you decided to come over here?"

"No," he replied. "I just thought I could sit somewhere different for a change."

She eyed him suspiciously. "What're you up to Longbottom?"

"Nothing!" He leaned into Lavender. "Don't worry, I won't tell her."

Lavender gave him a look. Neville was impressed by how well she was pretending to be oblivious to what he was talking about. He smiled weakly.

"So," Neville began, a bit unnerved by Parvati's suspicion. "How's your family?"

"They're good," Lavender replied. "How about you?"

"Oh, my Gran's all right for the most part," he told her. "Except for this one incident last week. She was walking around in a muggle store when all of a sudden, these mad clowns ran over to her..."




AN EXCERPT FROM LAVENDER'S JOURNAL

The most peculiar thing happened to me today! I was sitting at lunch with Parvati like I always do - she was talking about how ugly Patricia Flamword's new haircut was, and it is quite honestly, the most hideous thing I've ever seen - when Neville Longbottom sat next to me. He started talking to me like we were old friends and mentioned someting about 'not mentioning it to Parvati yet.' I have no idea what it is that I haven't told Parvati! He had me completely confused!

Strangely enough, it was a pretty fun lunch period. He kept telling me all sorts of crazy stories about his Gran and joked about all of the bizarre things that happen to him. A lot of times I found myself laughing so hard that Parvati thought I was completely insane. I don't think she likes the idea of Neville and me becoming friends. She thinks he's weird.

Well, he is weird, but he's pretty nice once you get to know him. He followed me around for a while...I have absolutely no idea why. I still don't know why he started talking to me in the first place! But things didn't turn out so bad...




"You sent her a note?" Ron said in disbelief.

"Yeah I did," Harry replied. "Though...I don't know what she thought of it."

"Wait, you never actually told me," Ron remembered. "Who'd you send the note to?"

"I've told you a million times, I'm not telling you!" Harry groaned.

Ron rolled his eyes. "Fine then. Can you at least tell me what happened when you sent her the note?"

"Well I slipped it in her book," Harry began, "but she hasn't said anything to me since then! Whenever she's around me, she acts as if nothing ever changed!"

"Maybe she doesn't like you," Ron suggested, "and feels weird talking about it."

Harry's stomach lurched. This made sense...Ginny probably was embarassed by Harry's note. "Or maybe," he thought aloud, "she hasn't found it yet."

Ron nodded in agreement. "That could be a possibility."

"Maybe she put her book in her bag," Harry continued, "and it fell out!"

"Who knows," Ron told him. "But I personally think that if she found it, she would've told you by now."

That was probably it, Harry thought to himself. She probably just hasn't found it yet...




"You got a love note?" Ginny squealed. "That's so cute! Who's it from?"

"I'm not completely sure," Hermione replied. "I mean, I think I know...but I'm just guessing."

"Well then, confront the person you think sent you the note," Ginny told her.

"I...I don't think I could do that."

Ginny shrugged and stretched out on the sofa. "I wish someone would send me a love note."

"Oh?" Hermione replied. "Like who?"

"I'm not telling you, you'll think I'm stupid!"

"Well then I'm not telling you who I think the note's from!"

Ginny paused for a moment. "If I tell you, I know you'll tell him."

"I won't, I promise."

"And besides," she went on, "I already know who you think the note is from."

Hermione rolled her eyes and pulled out her beloved journal. She began to scribble furiously on the next blank page.

**AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL**

Should I tell Ron that I like him? I mean...I'm pretty sure the note's from him, and if it is, then that means he likes me too. I like him, he likes me...WHY AREN'T WE TOGETHER?! This is so stupid. It makes absolutely no sense.

But...for some reason I'm not completely convinced that this note is from him.

But who else could've sent it?

Hmm...




Lavender couldn't sleep. She had just spent another day talking with Neville, and couldn't help but notice that they got along well, very well. Sure, he was clumsy and incredibly accident prone, but he always managed to make her laugh. And he seemed to have a new fixation with her...but why? It didn't matter. The fact was that Lavender now had an interesting dilema.

Did she like Neville?

No, she quickly told herself, Parvati would never let it happen. She thought he was weird...and he was weird...but for some reason that didn't seem like such of a bad thing anymore. Maybe Lavender could anonymously tell him...a note! She could send him a note. That would definitely make her feel better.

Grabbing a quill and some spare parchment, she began to write.




A/N: It's always so good to see that many of my regular reviewers for "...Insanity" and "Overturned" checked out this new story. Reviews are very much appreciated! The plot thickens as this goes on - more notes get sent, more people get the wrong idea. If this is the first story of mine that you've read, I'd suggest reading my other stories, "The Secret Thoughts of Hermione Granger" (completed) "Oh the Insanity - the Thoughts of Hermione Granger" (completed) and "Hogwarts Overturned" (not completed) Thanks for reading!