Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I love...who? by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"C'mon Lavender, hurry up so we can go to breakfast," Parvati said impatiently. "I'm starved!"

Lavender quickly pretended to be fussing with her hair. "Why don't you go without me," she cautiously replied. "I'm going to be a while."

Parvati raised her eyebrows. Lavender always walked to breakfast with her. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm just moving slower than usual today," she assured her. "I'll be down soon."

"All right then," Parvati replied with a shrug. "I'll meet you there." Deciding not to inquire further, Parvati left the room.

Lavender let out a sigh of relief. Finally, she had the opportunity to put her note to Neville in his dorm. At first she had intended on slipping it into one of his his books or something like that, but she feared something might go wrong. There was a possibility that the note could fall out or, much to her horror, she could accidentally put it in the wrong book. THAT, she thought with a shudder, would be a nightmare.

After making sure that all the boys in Neville's dorm were in the Great Hall for breakfast, Lavender stealthily slipped into the room. It was much different from her own room, mainly because in her dorm she could actually see the floor. Clothes, books, parchment, and other such things were thrown everywhere; Lavender was horrified to see that under one of the beds was what appeared to be a half-eaten sandwich. She couldn't imagine how such a small group of boys could succeed in making such a mess.

Making sure to avoid anything that looked dangerous, Lavender carefully examined each of the beds in an attempt to determine which one belonged to Neville. It didn't take her long to figure out which was his; the covered in various herbology books had to be it. Gingerly, she placed the note on top of one of the books and then hurried out of the room. Her plan had worked perfectly.




Before heading off to their classes, Harry, Ron, Dean, Seamus, and Neville rushed back up to their dorm to get their books together.

"Oy Neville! How many times do I have to tell you to keep your books off my bed!" Ron complained. He picked up all of Neville's assorted herbology books and tossed them across the room, not noticing the note that had fallen onto his bed.

"Stop throwing my stuff around!" Neville exclaimed. "These books are important!"

"Stop leaving your stuff on my bed then!"

"Will you two cut it out, we're going to be late," Harry intervened. "You can argue about this later."

Ron was about to comment, when he spotted the carefully folded piece of parchment sitting on his bed. Without alerting the others, he opened it.

Recently I've seen another side of you. You make my life interesting. Sometimes, the most unusual people are meant to be together.

Immediately the color drained out of Ron's face. Could it be from...it had to be from...had Hermione sent him the note?

"What happened to you?" Dean called to Ron. "You're paler than you usually are!"

"N-nothing," Ron stammered. "I'm fine, really."

Harry raised his eyebrows. "Sure you are mate. Now hurry up, we're going to be late to McGonagall's class."

Ron nodded and silently followed him out of the room, keeping the note clutched in his fist.




**A RANDOM BIT OF PARCHMENT THAT RON DECIDED TO SCRIBBLE ON TO AMUSE HIMSELF DURING TRANSFIGURATION**

REASONS WHY THAT NOTE COULD BE FROM HERMIONE
by me

1.) She's always in my dorm anyway, so she'd know which bed was mine

2.) The handwriting in the note kind-of looks like hers...it's like she tried to disguise it, but didn't do a good job

3.) I...admit to myself that I like her, so maybe because I've wanted this for so long, it ACTUALLY happened

4.) I want it to be from Hermione

5.) I don't know who else would possibly want to send me a love note

6.) She's been acting kind-of weird lately

7.) This class is really boring

8.) I'm hungry




"What're you looking at?" Harry asked Ron as they left Transfiguration.

"Nothing," Ron immediately replied as he frantically stuffed Hermione's note into his pocket. "It was just a bit of parchment, that's all."

Harry was not pleased by this answer. "Ron, who was that note from?"

"No one!" Ron snapped defensively. It was time, he thought to himself, to change the subject. "Whatever happened to that note you sent to the girl you fancy?"

"I don't think she got it," Harry sighed. "Either that or she's choosing to ignore me."

"Nah, that can't be it," Ron assured him. "She probably hasn't found it."

"I'm beginning to think you're right about that," Harry said. "D'ya think I should send her another one?"

"I think you should."

Suddenly, Harry came to his senses. "Wait a minute! You never told me what that note you were reading was about!"

Ron automatically reddened. "It's...it's nothing!"

"Who's it from?"

"I...I'm not sure," Ron stammered. "It wasn't signed."

"What, d'you have a secret admirer or something?"

Ron became even redder. Harry howled with laughter.

"A love letter? Let me see!"

"No!"

"Who's it from?"

"How thick are you, I just told you it wasn't signed!" Ron struggled to get Harry away from him. " 'Sides, it's no big deal."

Harry laughed. It was obviously a big deal.




Ginny collapsed onto her bed and began to think. Someone had sent Hermione a love letter...maybe she should send one to Harry. Keeping quiet about her feelings was driving her absolutely insane, and sending an anonymous letter wouldn't hurt anyone. Besides, she had a funny feeling that Harry might like her too. And suddenly, she thought of something.

What if Hermione's note was from Harry?

Ginny hadn't thought of this before...the minute Hermione had mentioned it, she immediately assumed that it was from her stupid brother. But there was a possibility that Harry could've sent Hermione the note. They were, Ginny thought to herself, very good friends. How did she know that they weren't more?

Maybe she shouldn't send Harry a letter. Who knows? If he did like Hermione, he could think it was from her and then the two of them might get together.

Annoyed by her thoughts, Ginny pulled out her diary and began to write.

**AN EXCERPT FROM GINNY'S DIARY**

I don't know, should I tell Harry that I like him? There's no way I'd be able to just walk right up to him and say it, so I'd definitely have to do it in a note. Hermione recieved an anonymous love note, why shouldn't I send one?

But what if he knows it's from me? He might make fun of me! Or even worse, he might tell Ron who would make fun of me even more! Uh, this is so complicated, I don't know what to do! No matter what I do, things never seem to turn out right!

AND what would I write in a love note. "I really like you Harry," woah, that's original. He'd be sooooo impressed. I hate this.




"Wow, since when have the two of them been so close?" Ron wondered, motioning to Lavender and Neville. They were conversing excitedly in a corner of the common room, as if they had known each other forever.

"No idea," Hermione replied. She would never admit it out loud, but she was a bit jealous...why couldn't she have a relationship like that? Sighing, she turned to Ron.

"Did we have any homework for Hagrid?" he asked.

"No," she told him. For a moment she paused. Should she make an inference to the note? She still wasn't sure if he had sent it...something inside her told her that things weren't right.

"And...all we needed to do for McGonnagall's class was finish that classwork, right?" he questioned on, still unaware that Hermione was in deep thought.

"Right."

Hermione finally decided what she was going to do. She would casually mention something about a "note" and see how Ron reacted. If he tensed up and became nervous, then she'd assume that he had sent her the note. However, if he continued as if nothing was unusual...

"Hey Ron, come over here for a second!" Dean called to him from across the room. "I need you to see something!"

Hermione rolled her eyes as Ron walked away. Of course, she thought to herself. I finally get up the courage to ask Ron about the note...and he leaves. This is just perfect.




A/N: Glad to see that many of my traditional reviewers have gotten into this story, but it's also good to see new names! Reviews for this story are very much appreciated! Also, if you haven't read my other stories I'd reccomend that you check them out!