Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I love...who? by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Sorry for the long delay – things got hectic and, to top it all off, I had a severe case of writer’s block. I probably should’ve said something sooner, but this is my last chapter for this story. Please don’t complain…I mean, everything’s resolved, and if I allowed this to go on any longer, my mind might explode from all the confusion! It really should’ve ended in the previous chapter, but I added that little “fake argument” bit at the end to spice things up.

And I thought I should tell you all that finally, in this last chapter, I managed to completely confuse myself and had to re-read my previous chapters to figure out what was going on.




Ginny paced nervously back and forth in the common room. She had ruined Hermione and Ron’s relationship…and she was determined to fix it. Maybe, she thought silently to herself, she shouldn’t have tried to meddle with their lives in the first place. Maybe she should’ve left things to happen on their own. But there was no way she could go back and change anything, so she would have to try and find a solution for the problem at hand.

But what if, for some reason, they never spoke to each other again? What if finally, they decided that they argued too much and had to break off their friendship now before things got worse? It would be all her fault, just because she tried to hurry up their relationship! She would never be able to forgive herself…and if they found out, they’d never be able to forgive her either.

“Are you sure they’re not speaking to each other?” Harry asked her again.

“Yes!” she snapped. “They got into another stupid argument! And it’s all my fault.”

“Yeah, I guess it is isn’t it.”

Ginny shot him a look.

“I mean…no, it’s not your fault! What’re you talking about? You were trying to do a good thing!”

Ginny crossed her arms. “That’s better.”

She needed an idea, a plan. Despite the fact that her previous plan had ruined a friendship, she felt that another plan could fix it. Hoping to find something that might be of some inspiration to her, she looked around the common room. Crookshanks was pulling apart one of Ron’s socks by the fire (he would be thrilled) and in a squashy armchair, a first year boy was attempting to transfigure his watch into a goblet (with little success). Colin Creevy was arguing with a girl she didn’t recognize over a tattered old potions text book (though she wasn’t sure why). By the window, two third year girls were whispering secretively. The sock…the goblet…the textbook…

“I think I have an idea,” Ginny declared.

“Really?” Harry said eagerly.

“Wait…no, I forgot it.”

“Good job,” Harry muttered.

She shot him another dangerous look. “If you’re so clever, why don’t you think of something?”

Suddenly, the portrait hole swung open and none other than Ron and Hermione entered the common room. Both wore rather smug expressions as they slowly approached Harry and Ginny. Immediately Ginny stood up and began to march towards them, completely oblivious to the fact that they seemed to be getting along.

“Ginny,” Hermione began.

“All right, you are going to listen to me now,” Ginny interrupted her.

“Wait we need to…”

“Don’t go telling me that you two have sorted everything out,” Ginny went on, “because I know you two and I know you haven’t! You argue about the stupidest things! But that’s not what I need to talk to you about!”

“Gin wait…”

“First of all, I think it’s time for me to confess that I’m the one who sent the notes,” she explained. “I know, I know, you thought they were from each other…but it was me. Well, not only me…Harry, Lavender, and Neville helped me out, so this is their fault too!”

“Ginny we already…”

“I’m not finished yet!” she snapped, sounding frighteningly like her mother. “So because we’re the ones who sent the notes, you two have absolutely no reason to be angry at each other! Then again…you really don’t have any reason to be angry at me either. I mean, you two are meant to be together! I know it, Harry knows it, this entire school knows it…so why won’t you two just get together already!”

Ron turned to Hermione. “All right then.”

“Sure,” she replied casually.

For a moment, Ginny stared. “What do you mean ‘all right then’?”

“I meant, all right then, we’ll get together already,” he replied matter-of-factly.

“I thought that would’ve been obvious,” Hermione added.

Ginny stared again. “Am I missing something here?”

Finally, Hermione broke down into laughter. “We tried to tell you,” she spit out between giggles, “but you just…went off!”

“You tried to tell me what?”

“Ginny, we had a funny feeling it was one of you guys who sent those notes,” Ron told her. “When I found a strange piece of parchment sitting on my bed that read, ‘Hermione, I've always thought of you as more than just a friend,’ I figured something was wrong.”

“Same here,” Hermione added. “Well…mine was addressed to Ron.”

Ginny stopped. For a moment she was confused…until she realized what must’ve happened. She had accidentally reversed the notes, meaning Ron got the one intended for Hermione and vice versa. How could she have…

“Wait a minute,” she said suddenly. “You mean…you knew the notes were from me…and you still argued about them? Wait…were you arguing just to annoy me? Was that your little plan?”

Ron began to laugh. Ginny lunged at him.

“And you two were together the whole time?” she exclaimed while tackling him.

Ron laughed harder.




Later, the three newly formed couples sat and talked in the common room. Everything seemed so perfect, Hermione thought to herself. But…there were a few questions she needed answers for.

“Ron,” she said. “Were you the one who sent me that note a while back?”

Ron looked perplexed. “I never sent you a note,” he said. “I thought you sent me a note!”

“I never sent anyone a note!”

They looked at Ginny.

“Hey!” she snapped defensively. “I told you about the notes I sent! This time I’m innocent!”

“So…” Hermione said slowly. “Who sent me that first note?”

“Yeah, and same with me!”

Neville cleared his throat. “Well, I think I know what happened,” he said. “Harry sent Ginny the first note, but somehow put it in my book instead of hers. When I got it, I thought it was from Lavender, so I put one in her book…which I now think was your book, Hermione. You must’ve gotten my note and thought it was from Ron. And then, Lavender here tells me that she tried to send me a note, but I never got it, so now I think she must’ve put it on the wrong bed. Ron probably got her note instead of me, and thought it was from Hermione. Sometime around then I think Harry figured out that his note to Ginny had accidentally gone to me…I think he might’ve tried to send her another note, but Ron flooed it to the Slytherins. That must be why Malfoy thinks you fancy him!”

Everyone stared at him blankly.

“Or…something like that,” he finished weakly.



AN EXCERPT FROM HERMIONE'S JOURNAL

I can't believe it...things are actually...good! I'm not sure what to do with myself now! I mean, I used to complain about Ron, worry about Ron, think about Ron...and now I'm dating Ron? Is this what I've waited for for so long?

YES!

I think I'm going to like this.

REASONS WHY I AM HAPPY RIGHT NOW

1.) I'm going out with Ron. Really. Seriously.

2.) I'm not hungry!

3.) Ginny and Harry are finally going out too, so I don't have to listen to her whine about him, and I don't have to listen to him ramble about her!

4.) I'm going out with Ron. Wow, I really like the sound of that. I'm his girlfriend! Not his friend who happens to be a girl...

5.) I finished all my homework

6.) My Potions essay actually sounds good and there's no way Snape'll be able to find something wrong with it!

7.) I'M GOING OUT WITH RON! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!



Another love note from Potter? Malfoy observed the piece of folded parchment that he had just discovered in his potions book. This was getting out of hand...he thought he had taken care of Potter earlier. Unlike the previous one, this one was rather straightforward. Draco. You’re hot. Go out with me. Apparently, Potter was getting desperate. This was a command, not a request.

“What’s that?” Goyle inquired.

“Just another…I mean, nothing,” Draco replied, shoving the parchment into his pocket. No need to remind everyone that there was another boy out there who fancied him. Immediately he tried to mess up his hair and slouched a bit in a vain attempt to appear more masculine.

“So, uh, what’re we going to do today?” Crabbe asked.

“I don’t know yet,” Draco replied impatiently.

Goyle pulled a notebook out of his pocket. "It says here that you're scheduled to beat up some first years behind the greenhouses today at three."

Malfoy checked his watch. "Ooh, we'd better get going then! Don't want to be late."

He headed for the portrait hole, but before he could leave, he felt a rather large hand clasp his shoulder. Someone…or something, it felt like…was lurking behind him. Slowly, as not to startle it, he turned around.

Millicent Bulstrode.

“So Malfoy, didya get my note?”

He whimpered.



A/N: YES, this is the end! Sorry I didn't warn you earlier. Anyway, before I get reviews complaining, I'd like to inform any of you who don't already know that I have 5 other stories up on this site! Check out some of my already completed ones (and still review!) or get into my other stories that are still in progress! Thanks for actually reading this.