Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I Just Wanted You to Know by Keltoi

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione looked at her watch. It was just after twelve. "I'm starving. What time is lunch, Ginny?" she asked.

"Oh, usually about twelve-thirty or one o'clock,” Ginny answered. “Mum will start yelling for help any time now, but I think I'll go and show her this shawl before anyone else sees it. See you later." Ginny left the room and went downstairs.

Hermione put away the last of the new clothes then left the room, and tip-toed upstairs to the attic. She made up her mind. Ron's door was closed, and she tapped on it softly. Her hand was trembling.

"Come in,” Ron called. She opened the door and walked in, closing it quickly behind her. He was sitting on his bed, trying to figure out how to apologise properly to her.

He stood, but not for long. Hermione ran and bowled him over onto the bed. Her weight on top of him was a startling, sensuous pleasure, and he responded to her kiss with his own eagerness.

She finally drew back and sat upright, holding his face between her hands, then spoke.

"I haven't stopped thinking about you. I've been so confused, not knowing how you felt about me - and I just wanted you to know how I feel about you."

"I...I'm sorry. I should have written to you - you gave me such a surprise at the station that I lost my temper and couldn't tell you then..." He screwed up his courage. "Hermione, I've loved you for ages, but I didn't know whether you... and then we had that bloody fight."

"Yes, it was silly." Her eyes became mischievous. "Especially when I was right."

She laughed as Ron began to get angry, then he got the joke and started laughing, too.

"Hermione Granger, if you ever question my judgement again, I'll...I'll stop helping you with your homework!"

They both roared with laughter, relieved that the distance and discomfort between them had gone.

Ron reached for her hand and asked "So, what are we going to do this week?"

"Tonks and I talked on the way here. She's going to convince your mother to let us out for a walk - around the lounge room."

Ron laughed again. "I overheard Tonks and mum in the lounge - Tonks reckons she can keep us under surveillance - but that won't be much fun."

"I know, but Tonks has plans to get us some private time."

"Well, what is it? She's hardly going to let us run off without some sort of guard."

"You know that mirror Sirius gave Harry - the one he could call him with?" Ron nodded. "She's got one for each of us - that way we can lose her behind a tree or hill or something, and she'll still be in close contact if we need help."

"Wicked! Do you suppose we could go out this afternoon, after lunch? There's a nice walk down to a field where we go to practice flying - it's protected from Muggles, so we won't be disturbed."

"That sounds really nice, Ron. I'd love to go - only, you won't bring your broom, will you?"

They both started laughing again.

***

After lunch, Ginny and Ron were given their usual jobs of cleaning up.

Ron knew what he had to do. He finished his jobs, then joined the others in the lounge. "Hermione and I are going for a walk. Tonks, would you like to come and see our flying field?"

Mrs. Weasley was about to launch into "protective parent" mode and object to this outing when Tonks interceded.

"Sure. I don't think Molly wants us in her way this afternoon, do you, Molly?"

Ron's mother frowned, but she knew her son would sneak out anyway, whether she liked it or not. "You two be careful, then. And Tonks, remember what we talked about!"

"We'll be fine, Molly. I'll tell Shacklebolt before we go, and you can send an owl to Dumbledore, if you like." Tonks was feeling a bit over-protected, herself - but Mrs. Weasley 's insistence on precautions was only being sensible. Ron was her son, after all.

Hermione smiled, and Ron started to feel cheerful again. "See you in five minutes,” he said to Hermione, then he sprinted up to his room to get ready.

It was thirty minutes later, in the lounge room again, when he heard Hermione and Tonks come down the stairs.

"What have you been..." his voice faded when he saw another vision. Hermione was wearing one of her new outfits. He stood and stared at her.

She wore a new pair of Docs, then a pale blue linen knee-length skirt that rested on her hips - she had a navel, too! She also wore an off-shoulder peasant blouse of raw silk, and that hair again!

"Where did you....?" his voice faded as he compared his own clothes - joggers, jeans, and a t-shirt. At least the t-shirt had a Chudley Cannons logo.

"Never you mind." Hermione smiled at his response. "Let's go, shall we?"

"Oh, Ron - have you got your wand?" Tonks asked.

"Yes,” Ron replied, exasperated. "Mum won't let me go to the toilet without it,” He pulled it from his back pocket and waved it around like a conductor's baton.

Hermione giggled. "It's swish and flick, Ron. Win-gar-dium levi-o-sa!
Tonks laughed and Ron grinned. "Never could get that one right,” he said.

"Let's go,” said Hermione. They opened the door and walked out.

The afternoon sun illuminated the trees and grass of the countryside in rich hues of green, yellow, and brown. Hermione, Ron, and Tonks walked together towards the "private" flying field that Ron and his brothers (and sister) used during the holidays to practice their broom flying skills.

Tonks stopped when they were out of sight of The Burrow. "Now, you two,” she began. "I'll do what I can to give you some time together, but you mustn’t try to slip away from me entirely. Here," she said, handing them each a small, wooden-framed mirror. "These will let you call me if anything happens. I'll be over there, talking to that oak tree,”

Ron and Hermione grinned, then ran together towards the hedge surrounding the practice field.