Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Hold On by missmj

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: This is a fanfic to the song “Hold On” by Good Charlotte. Please READ and REVIEW!!!!!!
Diclaimer: I do not own the song or the characters for this fanfic. They belong to Good Charlotte and J.K.Rowling



This world, this world is cold
But you don't, you don’t have to go
You’re feeling sad; You’re feeling lonely
And no one seems to care
Your mother’s gone and your father is
You, this pain you cannot bare


Harry Potter was sitting with his best friends in the Gryffindor Common Room. Hermione looked worried. “Harry? Are you okay? You haven’t said anything since Monday.”

“What day is it?”

“It’s Thursday, Ron. Thursday. Harry?” She roughly shook his shoulder, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Huh?” Harry mumbled. He had been sadly picturing the death of his godfather. He brushed a quick tear out of his brilliant emerald eyes.

“It’s just... Harry, I’m worried about you. we’re worried about you. You don’t talk much anymore and you seem to constantly be far away from us. What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Harry tended to keep his replies to any questions one worded.

“No. Something is bothering you. Harry! Why won’t you talk to us?” Ron blurted out.

“Nothing is wrong, Ron.”

“Ron is right.” Ron beamed at her. “Something is bothering you. I can see it in your eyes. They never seem to twinkle anymore. They are filled with cold and hatred. Oh Harry! I can’t stand it! Seeing you like this... I...” She burst into tears. Harry did nothing to comfort her. He returned to staring into the fire; brooding.

But we all bleed the same way you do
We all have the same things to go through


“Harry, this is ridiculous! Why are you acting this way?” Hermione shook him roughly. Harry was brought, once again, out of his thoughts.

“You look... almost... dead,” she commented. She had tears brimming.

“I’m fine, Hermione,” Harry mumbled.

“Harry, look. You’re are our best friend. We care how you are, and you look horrible.” Ron looked frightened.

“I’m fine,” Harry repeated.

“No you’re not! You have taken Sirius’s death wrong. We also lost someone we loved,” Hermione comforted.

“You’re wrong! You weren’t close to him as I was.” Harry looked up at his best friends. He glared angrily at them. Ron winced a little, and Hermione looked around nervously.

“How so?” She asked.

“You both have parents and people who love you. I only have the Dursleys and you know how they are! They hate me! Sirius is the closest thing to a father I have ever had.” Harry spoke harshly. It felt like a weight had been lifted off his chest.

“Harry... I never knew... I’m so sorry...” Hermione looked ashamed. “You shouldn’t keep these kind of things from us. You can’t take it. You will go mad if you don’t stop bottling up all of your emotions.”

Hold on...
If you feel like letting go
Hold on...
It’s better than you know


It was breakfast and Harry was sitting with Neville and Ginny. Hermione seemed to burst into tears whenever she spotted Harry. Ron would always run off to comfort her, leaving Harry to follow Neville like some sort of zombie.

“Harry? Are you all right? You haven’t touched your eggs. Or you toast.” Ginny looked concerned.

Harry was annoyed that his friends wouldn’t leave him alone. They were constantly bugging him, asking if he was all right. He had even been called into a few of the professor’s offices; asking if he was feeling fine. The answer was always the same.

“I’m fine, Ginny.” Harry turned back to staring at his plate, not touching anything.

“Ron and Hermione are right. You have changed. You seem to be empty inside,” Ginny said, her voice trembling.

“I’m fine,” Harry repeated.

“No you’re not. Why are you doing this to yourself?” Neville questioned his friend. “It’s almost like... you’re leaving us. Slowly and painfully leaving us. And Harry, it hurts. No matter how slowly and quietly you leave, the pain won’t lessen. It will only get worse if you do this to yourself. To us.”

Harry had never heard his friend speak that way. He sounded wise and scared at the same time. Dumbledore had been speaking that way lately. Dumbledore knew Harry’s time was limited.

“Harry?” Ginny questioned. Harry took no notice. He just wanted the day to end. In bed was the only time he could sulk in silence; with no one to interrupt him.

You’re days you say they’re way too long
And your nights you can’t sleep at all
And you’re not sure what you’re looking for
But you don’t want to any more
And you’re not sure what you’re waiting for
But you don’t want to any more


“Harry? Please! Stop doing this to yourself! We can’t stand it!” Hermione wailed one day. Harry took no notice, again.

“Harry, mate, just talk to us. That is all we ask.” Ron looked desperate.

“Fine, Ron. I’ll talk. What about?” Harry looked up from the book he was supposed to be reading, but wasn’t due to his mind wandering.

“How about... Quidditch?”

“Okay.”

“When are you coming back to the team? We really need a seeker. Ginny has decided to move to Chaser, leaving the spot open to you.”

“I’ll have to ask McGonagall,” Harry replied dully.

“But Harry, you already have your broom. McGonagall told you at the Opening Feast you would be able to play this year,” Hermione informed him.

“Oh yeah...”

“Well then... tryouts are tommorow. Are you going to tryout?” Ron looked hopeful.

“Why would he need to tryout? He has been on the team since his first year. He would still be on the team if it hadn’t been for Umbridge, he wouldn’t have been kicked off.” Ginny chose a seat next to Harry. She hugged him. Harry wasn’t expecting this, and was so shocked, he didn’t hug back.

“Are you okay?” she whispered in his ear.

“I’m fine,” Harry whispered back, dully.

“You don’t look fine,” she spoke out loud this time.

“I’m fine. Nothing is wrong.” Ginny frowned at his remark.

“So how about it, Harry?” Ron asked, looking expectant.

“I dunno, Ron.”

“Harry James Potter! You will get back onto that team. It is the only time you seem truly happy and you need to smile for once. Come one! We need you!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Fine,” Harry mumbled. “I’ll go on the team.”

“Thank you Harry! Thank you!” She looked overjoyed. She stood up, kissed him on the cheek and strode off.

“Er... what was that?” Ron asked, shocked.

“I dunno, Ron,” Harry stated, just as shocked.

“Oh you two! Isn’t it obvious?” Hermione said in her know- it- all tone.

“No.”

Harry turned back to staring at the fire, rubbing his cheek slightly where Ginny had kissed him. He went back to brooding, most of his time was spent like that.

“Harry? Harry?” Hermione tried to bring him back to their conversation. She groaned in annoyance. “I HATE it when you do this!” She stood up and angrily followed Ginny. Ron gave Harry a look of sympathy, and followed Hermione.

But we all bleed the same way as you do
And we all have the same things to go through

Hold on...
If you feel like letting go
Hold on...
It gets better than you know
Don’t stop looking
You’re one step closer
Don’t stop searching it’s not over...
Hold on


What are you looking for
Do you know what you’re doing to me
Go ahead...
What are you waiting for

Hold on...
If you feel like letting go
Hold on...
It gets better than you know
Don’t stop looking
You’re one step closer
Don’t stop searching it’s not over...
Hold on




A/N: I hope you liked it! Please REVIEW!!!! I love getting them!!! Thank you! :)