Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Just Thinking by harry4hermy

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It was the perfect night for a party the moon shined and there was no breeze, Hermione glanced around the room everyone at the party was smiling happily, dancing and talking to other party guests, as Hermione looked across the room her eyes fell on a black haired boy with bright green eyes who was looking at her from across the room. Hermione stood up and walked over to him.

‘Hi, my name is Hermione’ she said smiling, the dark haired boy looked up at her.

‘Hi my name is Harry’ he replied also smiling, he stood up from his seat and offered her his hand ‘ would you like to dance?’ he asked.

Hermione smiled ‘of course I would.’ And walked over to the middle of the room with Harry, slow music began to play and they began to dance, Hermione was never really much of a dancer and would usually be really nervous about dancing with somebody else, especially a boy, but at that moment it didn’t matter the dance floor belonged to her and Harry, when the song finished Harry and Hermione walked over to the drinks table and got some drinks, happily the couple drank and talked to each other, this moment was perfect, nothing could spoil this moment.

Suddenly Harry let go of Hermione and said quickly ‘I’ve got to go now’ Hermione watched as he jogged past her up to another girl Hermione easily recognised this girl, Cho Chang, Jealousy rushed through Hermione’s body like it never had before her only desire was Harry, and Cho had taken him from her, again.

*
Suddenly Hermione woke up, jealousy still pounding through her heart, eventually Hermione came to her scenes, it was just a dream, the same dream that she had had every night since her return home from Hogwarts a week ago, Of course she had had feelings for Harry long before a week ago, but when he had left the train station, Hermione had felt like she had forgotten to do something, she still hadn’t worked out what that was. Hermione looked at her alarm clock on her bedside table, it read 6:30. Deciding she might as well get up and go for a walk or an early morning swim in the pool, she changed into jeans and a top and ran downstairs, as she walked past the kitchen table she noticed Harry’s owl Hedwig asleep in the middle of the table, she walked over and poked Hedwig who dropped the letter on to the table, and went to Crookshanks’ water bowl for a drink, Hermione curiously sat down at the table, (what could Harry want? was there something wrong with him? he didn’t usually write to her during the holidays) starting to panic she began to read the letter:

Dear Hermione,
Hi how are you? I’m not bad myself. I need to get away from the Dursleys, I wrote to the Order and they said not to go to Ron’s because everybody knows who they are and it would be easier for Voldemort to find me there, they suggested that I go to your place, I’m getting depressed here and the Dursleys aren’t exactly sympathetic Please get me out of here soon. Hope to hear back from you soon, love Harry

Hermione forgot about panic and became very excited (trust her to overreact) Harry stay at her place? That would be great! Forgetting any idea for an early morning swim or walk, she went upstairs to ask her parents and answer Harry’s letter. On her way upstairs she passed her parents on their way downstairs.

‘Mum, Dad’ she said breathlessly ‘would it be ok if my friend Harry could come and stay for the holidays?’ Her parents glanced at each.

‘Well, well, well, the famous Harry Potter is it? The one you’re always talking about?’ Hermione’s dad asked grinning

Hermione began to go red, why did she always go red, why red why now? ‘ Yes he is, and he just sent me and owl asking if he could stay here, so… can he?’ she asked, wishing she didn’t look as embarrassed as she felt.

‘Well I guess so’ her mum said and walked downstairs, her father nodded and followed her.

Hermione walked into her room, sat at her desk, got a quill, some ink and started to write back to Harry:

Dear Harry,
Of course you can stay at my house, I’m pretty good myself. Can you write back and tell me your address and what day you would like to be picked up, I’m sure my parents wont mind going to pick you up, I can’t wait to see you again. Love Hermione

Hermione sealed the envelope, sent Hedwig off with it, and went to have breakfast

*
Harry’s reply came the next day; Hermione got the impression that he was really eager to get himself out of there as soon as possible.

After Hermione had read the letter she ran down stairs and smashed into her farther who was coming upstairs.

‘Sorry Dad, but could you or mum drive me to Harry’s house tomorrow? ’She asked breathlessly.

Her dad considered this for a moment ‘well it’s my day off tomorrow so I guess I could, what time does he want to be picked up?’

‘He doesn’t really care, just as long as we DO pick him up’ Hermione said

‘Ok we can go and get him tomorrow’ he said, ‘oh yeah and there was another owl here for you this morning’ her farther added

‘Another owl?’ Hermione asked curiously, as her father walked up the stairs, not hearing her last question, Hermione walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where her mother was sitting, drinking coffee and reading the morning paper, when Hermione walked in her mother looked up from the paper, smiled and pointed a small owl that was zooming around the room again and again and again, occasionally hitting the roof or walls. She recognised it as Ron’s owl ‘Pig’.

She noticed that Pig had dropped Ron’s letter on the table and read it quickly:

Dear Hermione,
I’m in a bit of a difficult position you see I like somebody and I’m not sure if they like me back. I would tell this person except it would ruin our relationship and that person would never be comfortable around me again.
I know we are on holidays but just don’t forget about me. Love Ron

Hermione was confused, what was Ron on about, did this mean what she thought it meant, that Ron liked her, she could think of heaps of occasions when it was pretty obvious that he did. She then realised that if Ron did like her then he would do something about it, Hermione couldn’t break his heart, but at the same time she knew she could never love him at the moment she loved somebody else at the moment she loved Ron’s best friend at the moment she loved Harry, funny, love she had never really described her feelings towards Harry in that way, and she still wasn’t sure that was how she would describe those feelings, she had been jealous of Cho last year bur wether that was because she LOVED Harry or just because Harry was her best friend and she didn’t want to share him with anyone else remained a mystery to her.

Hermione sighed and sat at the kitchen table occasionally banging her head on the table. ‘Something wrong honey?’ Hermione’s mum asked, Hermione’s head shot up, she had completely forgotten that her mother was even there.

‘No’ she said quickly, and left the kitchen.

*
The next morning Hermione was surprised at herself at how much she was fussing over the way she looked, after all Harry saw her every day at school, the only difference was today she was wearing muggle clothes, Harry didn’t care what she looked like did he? Her mum had already gone to work by the time Hermione got downstairs, her father was sitting on the couch watching the news.

As Hermione walked in he looked up ‘ready to go honey?’ he asked

Hermione nodded. In the car Hermione started to become nervous, she didn’t know why, there was no reason why she should be, She would kill her dad if he said anything about her going red every time he was mentioned, she was pretty sure that her father knew this already and wasn’t going to say anything embarrassing to her.

When they turned into Harry’s street Hermione suddenly felt very hot and VERY nervous, the car stopped in front of number four and Hermione got out, sitting on the front doorstep was a sixteen year old black haired boy with bright green eyes looking very bored, when Hermione stepped out of the car he smiled, the kind of smile that made Hermione heart feel light and beet faster.
‘The Dursleys kicked me out this morning!’ he said grinning, Hermione looked at the house and saw a women looking through the curtain, when she saw Hermione looking at her she quickly shut the curtain.

Hermione grinned and said to Harry ‘got all your stuff, ready to go?’

Harry nodded ‘ just wait I had better say goodbye to the Dursleys’ Harry walked to the front door opened it and yelled ‘SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!’ and then followed Hermione to the car.