Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Destined to Be by The Marauder

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ch. 2: YEAR TWO (October)


“Come on, admit it, you like him. I could tell the first time you met him, and I’d only known you for like…ten minutes!”

“No, come on Lils, Sirius and I are just friends, give me a break already!” Kate was turning a shocking pink and Lily just laughed.

“You know you really shouldn’t tease her so,” scolded Charlotte. Kate nodded approvingly and Lily glanced up questioningly, “One of these days she’ll wake up and realize that she is in love with him, but by then she’ll be too annoyed to tell you!” Lily started cracking up and Charlotte groaned in exasperation.

“Thanks Charlotte…not helping! Honest, we’re just friends!”

“Whatever you say…”

Kate rolled her eyes, “You two are impossible. Well I’ve got to go to the library; I’ve got three inches left to write before Potions. I still have to explain why it has to be dragon’s tongue and not lizard’s, but I can’t find it anywhere… ”

“Don’t look at me, why don’t you ask Sirius?” Kate opened her mouth to reprimand Lily and then changed from pink to
scarlet as she heard a familiar voice behind her.

“Ask me what?”

“Kate needs help with potions but Charlotte and I can’t remember, maybe you can help her?” prodded Lily innocently.

“Sure! No problem!” Kate smiled thankfully at him and as they left she turned around and glared at the two girls as they waved at her mockingly, quite pleased with themselves.

“That was fun,” Lily joked, “They’re gonna make such a cute couple!”

Charlotte smiled and nodded happily for her friend, “Okay, ready to go?” she stopped, a foreboding expression on her face.

Lily looked at her friend, “What?...”

“Ready for that date Evans?”

Understanding passed across her face and she turned to face a smiling James. “Looking forward to it almost as much as Potions quiz next block!” She smiled mock-sweetly and walked away with Charlotte. When would he learn? The remark simply bounced off him and he jogged to catch up with her.

“Well as long as you’re excited…”

She rolled her eyes, and turned back to her friend, “So Hogsmeade is really close then?”

“Oh yah...walking distance from here! Did you know it’s the last non-Muggle village in London?”

“Wow, so only thir”“

“Don’t tell me you’ve never heard of Hogsmeade Evans!”

She turned exasperatedly…“Oh yah now that you remind me I’m sure my parents, told me all about it about the same time they were telling me about the Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley….oh wait, no that can’t be right seeing as they’re muggles and all…oh well…”

He smiled unaffected by her sarcasm, “It’s awesome! Honeyduke’s is the most amazing place for sweets of any kind, and Zonko’s Joke shop is incredible; Sirius and I are gonna stock up, our supplies are running low.”

“Running out of brilliant pranks?” she tisked, “Aww…”

“You know, if I didn’t know better I’d say that sounded less than heart-felt!”

“Oh? Well shoot, I guess since we’re here we’ll have to postpone the rest of this delightful conversation till later, hm Potter?” she turned and waved to Kate and Sirius who were just coming back from the library. Sirius distracted James long enough for her to make her escape and she turned to Charlotte, “Unbelievable!”

Potions was uneventful, except for Pettigrew blowing up his concoction, but of course that, or some disastrous variation, happened nearly every class, so it didn’t cause much commotion. As they filed out of the room blinded by the smoke now dangerously overwhelming them, Lily accidentally walked into the one person she had hoped to avoid.

“Just can’t stay away, huh Evans?” James smirked cockily and she turned to walk away but he grabbed her arm, “Come on Evans, go out with me!”

“No,” she wrenched her arm away from his grip.

“Come on! I know you don’t really mean that…” he was laughing playfully, enjoying himself vastly.

“No! Potter, this isn’t a joke,” she hollered, finally losing her composure, “I’m not trying to encourage you, I mean no!” Emerald eyes wide in her fury she looked into his hazel ones, “No,” she had lowered her voice due to the crowd that had formed watching the two, but the tone was menacing and took James off guard long enough for her to turn and storm away before he could respond. Kate and Charlotte exchanged looks and then taking deep breaths followed in her wake.

James’ smile had returned, though it didn’t seem to be his normal, friendly one, but a fake, wide one plastered on his face, “Aww…she’s just playing hard to get, I bet she comes back beggin’ tomorrow…” He turned to laugh cockily with Sirius, but as they walked down the hall in the opposite direction of the girls, he turned his head slightly and as he looked at her retreating form his eyes fell.




A/N: Alright, things will heat up soon, but for now...I know you want others to review your story, so plz pay me the same courtesy! It will only take up like 5 seconds of your time and it will definetely inspire me to post the next chappy even sooner....