Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry's our WHAT??? by Kelsid

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

*About 10 minutes before Snape walked into Potions*


Snape briskly whipped about the castle, trying to get to Potions before class ended so he could at least issue them homework. He was thinking over and over, “Why did I leave Lily alone?” but there was nothing he could do. What was done was done.


Finally he had reached the dark staircase which would lead to his classroom. He had 10 minutes to spare before class ended. Plenty of time to give a lengthy essay. Stepping easily onto the first stone brick, a flurried voice called from above.


“Oh, Severus! Severus!” cried the voice.


He glanced up as Professor Sybil Trelawny flew across the floor to greet him, her open arms obviously for hugging. “Oh Severus. How could I live without you?” A callused hand went up to stroke his face.


Snape thought in disgust, Probably from caressing those not so sleek crystal balls of hers.


“I love you, Seve!” Oh no! Not nicknames now!


“Trelawny…” he ignored the hurt look on her face as he addressed her stiffly, almost coldly. “I don’t love you. I never will.” He turned his face in the opposite direction, pretending to stifle nonexistent overwhelming grief.


“I understand.” Her arms fell to her side. “I predict that you will come crawling back to me though.”


Yeah right.


“I probably will, with your extraordinary powers.”


“But can I do one thing for you? I give you my class period, for you missed yours due to a… missing love? I knew you would accept. Goodbye my… unwilling adoration!!!” And with that a wail and a snort were heard before he heard the shuffling of her feet.


How she knew about Lily I don’t know, he thought. Maybe she’s better than I thought. Oh well. A whole new period to make fools out of Gryffindors? Severus Snape wouldn’t miss it for the world. But he might miss it for Lily. Sighing for his now twice lost love he slid down the stairs, only he and his thoughts important to him now.


Meanwhile Sybil Trelawny was skipping up to her room, humming seventies songs. What a hog, thought she as she flicked on the strobe lights. He thinks I really liked him? No, I just wanted some free time to get my boogie down!


Stayin’ Alive blared around the walls as her stuffy room was transported to a disco haven. Breaking open her large crystal ball, inside were hidden groovy clothes. As she picked out a bell bottom and neon pink vest, an abrupt knock sent Sybil spinning, trying to turn off everything. “Some stupid kid wandering up here,” she grumbled in her head, but opened the door a smidge anyway, just turning off the music. “Yes… oh!”


Twinkling blue eyes were seen through the crack with round, dark glasses to finish his face off. “Albus!” she gasped. “Your glasses…”


“Like them?” He stepped inside, wearing a flower shirt and neon green jacket. “I knew you’d be starting the party without me, so I came. Could you put on my especial favorite?”


“Of course,” she blushed even though it was more of an eighties song as Thriller rocked the disco room.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


“Potter?” he wondered questioningly and Hermione grew white. Did Snape know? “Sit down.”


She breathed a sigh of relief and bent into whisper to James, “Potter is Harry’s last name. No relation to you, of course.” He nodded comprehendingly and suddenly his eyebrows furrowed. Trying to place the Potion master’s face, his lit up.


“Is that… Snivellus?” he crowed, though soft enough that Snape would not hear.


“Yes, now listen to the lesson. And don’t call him Snivellus!”


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Lily sank down onto the bench and started wailing. “I was so bad. I was… terrible!”


“Come on, you aren’t that bad,” snorted Ron. “James is worse than you! I mean, look what he does to Snape.”


“But I insulted him. He was just trying to cheer me up…”


Ron stared up at the blue sky, imagining himself up there all alone. Sighing he turned back to her and said, “If I tell you where Sirius and Remus are, will you stop crying? You could patch things up with James then.”


“I can’t. I don’t think I could live with the information. Every time I look at them, I’ll see their death or their home nowadays. Who their wife is, what children they have.”


“Well you don’t really have to worry about that with Remus.”


“Not married? No home?” She was surprised. “He’s homeless?”


“No! I mean I don’t really know where he lives. But he did teach at Hogwarts for a bit.”


“Stop! You’re telling me!” she realized.


“Sorry.”


They both looked out on the horizon, both yearning for something. It was unlikely it was the same thing, but it was.


But before I can tell you what it was, I have to tell you something else. Like whom saw Lily and Ron outside, the wind whipping though their hair as if toying with it.


Albus Dumbledore looked out; his blue eyes a bit serious. Well, now I know that Severus was not crazy when he thought he saw Lily, thought Dumbledore as he rummaged through his pockets. There! A sack of Floo Powder was tied tightly in his vest as he went back into Professor Trelawny’s disco room. Her fireplace, which she kept hidden in the closet, now leapt with psychedelic colors. Oh well, at least it’s still a fire, thought Dumbledore as he threw in a pinch of the powder. Stating the place, Dumbledore smiled. Ron might need some help with his secret. I hope I can find the right person to help deal with that.

In a flash the once… erm… ROGBIV flames turned a pure green and he stepped in. I can only pray he doesn’t let his emotions get in the way, thought Dumbledore as he disappeared. Trelawny threw herself down at the fire. “My… my psychedelic fireplace! Now it only tinges a pukish green! Oh my colorful flames!”

Meanwhile, James had set up part one of his plan. The other two were in the works, and soon the fireworks would begin. Rubbing his hands together, he started scribbling on some parchment that Neville had left on his desk while Snape was still attempting to get the poor boy out of the cauldron. This was going to be good.


Author’s note: Tell me what you think!!!