Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry's our WHAT??? by Kelsid

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +

Author’s Note: Sorry, but couldn’t get on the computer for a week, then this chapter got rejected so that’s why I updated so infrequently. Sorry!!!!

Lily and Ron were still seated outside in the court yards, staring at the darkening sky, when the figure emerged from the trees.

“Who is that?” Ron asked, starting to get nervous.

“How am I supposed to know?” Lily replied, only a little bit less nervous than Ron.

But one thing was certain, that they both didn’t like the looks of the shape, not at all. With the dry grass under their feet, the receding light and haunting trees ahead, nothing would seem good.

The first distinguishable feature of the shape was a robe- a rather shabby one.

“It's Professor Lupin!" exclaimed Ron, jumping to his feet.

“Very good, Ron," replied Lupin amusedly, striding up toward them.

"Have you come back to teach us?" he asked hopefully.

“Unfortunately not, I'm afraid. Actually, I’m here to help you. Dumbledore sent me here, with this story about Lily sitting outside of Hogwarts, a young student again. I thought he was going crazy, but I had to see for myself. I’ve already been through shock, when Albus told me. And here she is.” He smiled, gazing at her almost reminiscently.

It took a moment for it to sink it, before Lily could even talk. “Remus?”

“In flesh. Oh Lily, how good it is to see you! You don’t look a bit different from the last time I saw you. I probably look a bit older than before…” At once she jumped up and flung her arms around him.

“It’s so good to see someone from the old days! Someone I know, actually. James made this charm, and it somehow landed us in the future… we had a fight… I was scared, Remus…”

“Understandable.” He patted her awkwardly, wondering how on earth he could have been this young at one point. “So James is here also?”

“Yes, sitting in Potions class.”

“James is with Snape? We’re in trouble, then. For if my memory serves me correctly,” Remus said wryly, “he’d do anything to embarrass Snape, and I highly doubt he would stop now even though Severus is much older.”

“Come on. No one would take on Snape! He’ll deduct like, a thousand house points!” Ron exclaimed, and glanced around for some support.

“He would ‘take on’ Severus,” affirmed Lily, standing up. “We’d better get him before he… blows up the Potions room!”

Meanwhile, in Potions, James wickedly went over his plan. It would start with a small bomb that would burst into flames at the same time as releasing a pungent odor. Perfect. He would use the potion they were brewing right now, one that would turn into fire, and a dung bomb he had hidden in his pockets to make it. Right now he was emptying the contents of the dung bomb.

“And… Potter. What are the properties of flobberworm mucus against the dragon irises?”

“The first smells pretty nasty and the other smells fresh.”

“No, not iris as in flower, Potter! Twenty points from Gryffindor, for that imprudence. Should any other Gryffindor like to answer?”

Hermione raised her hand, shooting an icy glare at James, who was silently shaking with concealed laughter. She hissed, “What were you thinking? Harry would never do that!”

“Well you didn’t actually give me the nature of this Potter fellow,” he retorted, just as low voiced.

“Not a soul would like to answer?” Snape’s eyes actually gave chills to Hermione’s skin, so cold and hard were they. “Well. I suppose that proves that Gryffindors are truly as stupid as they seem.”

“No, I think you mean Potion teachers. This girl over here has her hand raised,” smirked James. Snivellus had stooped to low levels, he thought, to ignore smart people in order to insult a different house then his.

“That was uncalled for, and another twenty points from Gryffindor.” This was getting easy for Snape, to deduct points without even thinking.

James started to raise his invention. He felt all eyes on his, including the gloating ones of Snape. Just because he’s older doesn’t mean I still can’t outsmart him. He is the same old Snivellus. Out of the corner of his eye, the door swung open. His moment was gone. Lowering the bomb, his eyes met the man, the odd thing he was. The man was tall, graying brown hair and wore a rather shabby set of robes… somehow he looked familiar. But who could he be? Thomas Mathews? No, he was more handsome than the man in front of him. Sirius? No, he’d be more of a presence.

Everyone in the room started clapping when Remus came in. “Professor!” shouted Neville. “I’m glad you’re here! You know more spells than Professor Snape; can you help me out of this cauldron?”

“Oh, you’re back! You should have seen the last Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, she was horrible! I hope you’ve come back to teach us.”

“What are you doing back, you man wolf?” This of course was from Malfoy, his good mood spoiled by Pansy sidling over to Potter. Not that he would have been nicer, but anyway…

“No, no, children, that’s not why.” Lupin cut off their compliments and complaints by shaking his head side to side. “I’m here to take over for the day. Severus, uh…” His mind started debating the idea that Ron came up with. Ron was loyal, but was he really that smart? Oh well. It was the only plan they had. “Someone wanted to see you.” He waited breathlessly for the result. At first Snape’s face did nothing. Then it twisted into a sneer, which let Lupin start breathing again.

“That Trelawny again? I’ll have to tell her for the last time that we are NOT going together!”

The children tittered as the Professor turned around quickly, his sneer grown bigger. “If you do that again, I’m deducting 1,000 points from your house!”

This shut them up as he whirled around and marched up the steps. “So, good to see you again, class. What was Snape teaching today?” Lupin asked pleasantly, glancing around the room. It was a normal action, though today it was scanning for someone in particular.

Neville raised his hand. “A potion, sir. I think it has to do with fire, because it really is burning me pretty badly.” Indeed, Lavender had made her potion in the cauldron in which Neville sat, much to the horror of the poor boy.

“Neville! We’ll get you out of there. Cortina Abrumpto!” The cauldron cracked at once, and red liquid started pouring out onto the floor.

Hermione quickly used a spell that cleaned up the mess, wondering why Lupin had showed up as Neville stood up appreciatively.

“Well, I suppose we should get to the lesson now, shouldn’t we? Hmm... According to Snape’s notes, he would like to have a conference with Harry Potter. Could you step out in the corridor for a moment?” Lies, lies. Another one of Ron’s ideas, but it was actually working! thought Remus.

“On the board are the rest of the ingredients you have to mix, with precise instructions.” Snape had already had them written up there, so there were no problems for Remus. He felt bad about leaving the class, but under the circumstances of meeting your best friends who’s been dead for fifteen years, he guessed they would forgive him.

Ron and Lily were waiting just outside the door. Remus watched as James stood up, and walked outside. He was just as Remus remembered him, tall with the dark hair, but he could have passed for Harry, the likeness was so close. Lupin followed him, and most certainly, a reunion was to follow.

Another Author’s Note: If y’all have any ideas about what should happen next, contact me because I have no idea!!!