Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Confronting Emotion by sweetiekylee

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: All character's are owned rightfully by J.K. Rowling
It was a long summer holiday and Harry was quite looking forward to seeing his two best friends who, at last, were in a relationship. But flying with the chill wind rushing past his sweaty face and the faint chanting of the Gryffindors belowis what he really missed. He couldn't wait to finally get back up there. Harry was now sitting in a compartment with Neville and Seamus. They were sitting opposite Harry and discussing some concerns that have come up from the previous year, dealing of course with Lord Voldermort.


"What do you think the Ministry is going to now?" Seamus asked.


"Yeah now that they know you were actually telling the truth Harry they have to act." Neville said in reply.


"I'm sure they are going to take the right action now that Dumbledore is back on top," Harry said smiling.


"Yeah I bet they're doing whatever Dumbledore wants now to stop the bad press about them." Seamus said laughing.


Even though Harry agreed he knew that he had to keep his guard up,now more then ever. With Voldemort practically returned to power and Death Eaters and Dementors coming back to his will he wanted to be prepared mentally. He didn't want to go through another ordeal like Sirius the year before.


"This year is going to be good I can feel it." Harry said abruptly,and to his surprise he did have a feeling maybe not a good one but one of hope.


"Looking forward to the dances this year Harry?" Neville said humorously.


"Oh don't remind me, let me just say that what happened our fourth year is not going to get repeated ever." Harry stated lightly.



Then he turned to Seamus who sort of went quiet then gave a suave smile like he was about to do something.


" What are you so smug about Seamus?" Harry had asked.


"Well there's this girl that I have kind of fancied since our third year. She knows about all kinds of stuff about creatures and she good at any game you can think of." Seamus admitted.


Harry and Neville were stunned at the fact that Seamus hadn't mention or given a clue to them that he fancied anyone.


"Have you talked to her at all?" Harry wondered.


" Well... yes but it never turns out well. I get all flustered and I don't make sense when I try and speak to her. And because I get so nervous and embarressed trying to talk that I end up real quiet and don't say anything." Seamus revealed.


"It's ok mate, happens to the best of us." Harry said comforting Seamus.


"You know you can tell us anything mate no need to leave us out in the cold like that." Neville said.

Harry was finishing the chocolate frog Neville gave him and that's when he saw Hermoine and Ron walking past his compartment stopping at the opening and gesturing him to come and talk to them.


"Hello, Ron an' Hermoine." Neville said cheerfully.


"Hello guys." Seamus chimmed in and gave Ron a suave smile which must have meant something in guy languege, because it made Ron smile and look around and there was also a faint reddinsh color coming upon his face.


"Hey guys!" Harry then said happy to see his friends again.


"Hello Harry!" Hermoine said her her cheerful tone, giving Harry a pretty tight hug.


"What's going on?" Harry inquired because their seemed to be quite a bit of wispering and mummering throughout the train.


"Dunno." Ron answered honestly.


"Perhaps we're to find out at our Prefect meeting, Hermoine said, 'looking forward to our new year Harry,I know I am, I've already started, well finished Book of Spells Level 6 and now am re-reading to improve my pronounciation in spells." She added.


Harry and Ron looked at eachother and knew Hermoine never needed improvement when it came to spells,or anything, so they didn't say anything. Hermione looked ahead and saw all the Prefects gathering towards the compartment where they are to be told what to do, like a briefing.


"Oh, we have to go Harry-- bye." Hermoine spoke as she made her way back.


"See you in the Great Hall Harry." Ron shouted as he was trying to catch up with her.


"Bye." Harry said but not so loud that everyone could hear him.


Harry went back to the compartment where Neville and Seamus were playing Exploding Snaps and reminising about the last year at Hogwarts and how much the're not looking forward to another year of Snape making thier lives' as miserable as possible. Harry noticed the wispering had eventually died away and assumed they were almost there. His assumption was confirmed when the train came to a stop and a familiar half giant with a thick curly black beard greeted the first years as well as the returning students.

" 'Ello 'Arry."Hagird said in his raspy cheery voice.


"Hey Hagird, any news from...you know..."Harry asked quietly deep down knowing he wouldn't get a reply but asking anyway.


" 'Arry this is not the place nor time. Come by me house tomorro' an' we'll talk then." Hagrid said seeing the curiousity then escourted the first years on thier way.


This year the fifth years rode to the castle on unicorns which was a nice change from the creepier means of transportation. When they reached the front doors Harry got a great sensation that he was finally-- home. Harry met up Ron and Hermoine at the feast in the Great Hall.


" Any word from the Order?" Harry asked Ron.



" Mum's been all hushed up around me lately,wispering on the phone and sometimes enchanting my ears so I won't even be aware she is speaking sometimes." Ron answered.


"Very well, how are you guys?" Harry asked them


They both smiled and Harry knew the answer to that one.


As everyone was finshing up Harry, Ron, and Hermoine had another unfortunate meeting with Draco Malfoy.


" What have we got hear boys?" Malfoy said to his gang of misfits.


Just then Malfoy noticed Ron and Hermonie holding hands.


"Oh Weasle I honestly thought you couldn't sink any lower,But going out with a Mudblood? You keep surprising me." Malfoy continued.


Hermoine kept her head down and was turning a little pink and Ron's ears were getting red.


"Shut up Malfoy!" He said gritted his teeth to tred to control the rage burning inside him.


"Oh, how sweet he's defending the Mudblood." Malofy said in fake congradualting voice.


Hermoine working up some courage mixed with stirring rage said "Don't ever call me that you slime infeasted cokaroach."


"How dare you talk to me ,you filthy little mudblood." Malfoy said in a cocky manner as if to challenge her.


Harry watching both his friends reach in thier cloaks for their wands with extreme hatred and embarressment on their faces said"Just shuv-off Malfoy."


When Malfoy's glance went to thier hands he got flicker a fear but was pleased with what he'd done. He ushered his friends off to the next poor soul.


"Honestly Malfoy makes me so angry!"Hermoine let out, her face now starting to return to its original color instaed of the scarlet red it was before.


"I know love, he's a git. Always has been, always will be one." She smiled at what Ron had said and gave his hand a playful squeeze.



The caslte was beautiful, illuminated with enchanted candles and as they headed to the Fat Lady, she looked happy that the new year was starting as well that when she saw them approaching to say the new password she gave a big smile.


" Password!" the Fat Lay said.


"Putred berries!"they replied, Then they entered the common room and found empty couches to sit on but Harry seemed vacant.


His body was moving and present but his mind was somewhere else. He realized something... that no matter what excuss he made up to himself he really wanted a companion, a girlfreind, and be able to share things with her and have her honestly like him for the true Harry he was and not some famous boy wizard he was portrayed to be, most of the time. As Harry came to these revelations about himself he eventually came out of his deep thinking and was now truly aware of his surroundings. Harry looked at Hermoine and Ron then quickly turned and gazed into the fire because they, in the absence of Harry menatlly started talking then they ended up making out which was the state in which Harry had seen them just now. Hermoine then sensed Harry alert now and elbowed Ron to stop.


"What's wrong Harry?" she asked fixing her hair. He couldn't possibly answer that question, it was to embarassing to admit to himself let alone share it with anyone else.


As Harry's mind went on, the question remained unanswered. His attention then became focused on the girl who was sitting with her nose in her book in the corner of the room. She was an attractive girl whose hair in the darkness looked black but the flickered light of the fireplace revealed hidden traces of brown in it which fell a few inches past her shoulders. She looked up from her book for a moment and their eyes met. Her eyes were dark brown, but she had a soft, gentle stare. As Harry was looking at her he could have sworn she wispered to him threw thought or...something...


I know how you feel and then she quickly broke her gaze and went back to her book. Harry had an intense feeling that whoever she was understood him. In time he'll come to find out just how much she would.


Harry felt himself smile but was suddenly snapped out of his daydreamy state by Ron now who asked "Harry are you ok?"


But Hermoine saw the look on Harry's face then asked
'What's her name and what do you want to know about her?"


Ron looked confused and turned to Hermoine and began to ask "How did yo-"


But was cut off by her hand in front of his mouth and encouraged Harry to go on. Harry didn't sat anything he just smiled shyly and glanced in that girls' direction. Hermoine and Ron turned around simultaneously to see who Harry was looking at.


"Oh-- her, Hermoine smiled, " Her name is Kayla Robinson and she's originally from America, she's pretty interesting if you ask me,in a good way I mean."


"Doesn't look like she's got any frie-"Ron observed then Hermoine elbowed him in the ribs "Ow!", he let out.


"Ron that's not very nice." Hermonie said.


" Why do you say she's interesting ?" Harry asked curiously.


"Because she demonstrates forms of telepathy which is a rare gift, only by blood line could she posses such a power." Hermoine answered matter-of-factly.


"How do you know all this?" Ron asked now curious himself>


"We're told all these things in our Prefect meetings,if you didn't fall asleep all the time you'd what they say about new students in our own House!" she said restlessly.


"Ron just smiled and said 'You're cute when you're smarting off."


"Harry if you interested you should just go and talk to her." Hermoine said encouragingly.


"Ya, go on Harry!" Ron egged on.

As Harry was thinking about it, he no idea that he was already standing in front of her.