Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Founding of Hogwarts by d3pr3ss3dNhappy

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
*********************

"Harry, stop playing with my necklace."

"...So shiny..."

Hermione slapped Harry's hand in frustration. Hopefully soon Harry would find some other girl to annoy and thus leave her more time with Ron. Unfortunately, he thought they were all just friends and hung around like a Drooble's best bubble gum on the bottom of her shoe. Unfortunately, deprived of his shiny bauble, he now began to pay attention to the conversation.

"So... Hogsmeade..."

"Was very boring. Go away now Harry."

"That's not very nice Ron, how did you get that tear in your shirt?"

"Well it involved a long boring story about kis-I mean chatting behind the Three Brooms and getting chased by a drunk troll with one eye."

"You talked with drunk trolls?" Harry asked eagerly.

"What? No!" Ron cried indignantly.

"Here Harry," said Hermione, thrusting the Time Turner at him, "play with this."

"Oh boy, thanks!" He eagerly began twisting the little hourglass round and round.

"We really shouldn't have given him that short attention span toffee," Ron said gazing pitingly at Harry. Hermione drapped the gold Time Turner chain around his neck as well. "Wha-?"

"In case Harry actually does work it, I don't want him ending up anywhere alone," she explained.

"He's not," Ron began, "bloody hell! Harry! What are you doing?"

The common room was fading away quickly, images of students milling about flashed past their eyes until they landed with a thud in the middle of a field. The thud was what Harry needed to bring him back to sanity. He flung the Time Turner aside and turned to Ron and Hermione.

"That's the last time I ever accept candy from you Ron, you're as bad as Fred and George," Harry muttered angrily. "Where are we?"

"H-how many times did you twist the Time Turner, Harry?" Hermione asked in a shaky voice.

"I don't know! Why weren't you watching me?" Harry answered, "Hey! Ron, is that chocolate?"

"I thought you said that you would never accept candy from me!" Ron cried, hastily hiding his treat.

"Yeah we'll we're in the middle of nowhere and you owe me!"

"Really, how do you bloody think we got here?"

"Because of you!" Harry yelled.

"No, I wasn't playing with the Time Turner!" Ron yelled back.

"Yeah but I was playing with the Time Turner because of the loss of concentration candy you gave me!"

"Wait a minute, mate, Hermione actually gave you the Time Turner, so maybe it's all her fault!"

"Okay, you guys," Hermione said hastily, "let's not argue until we get back. There's a simple solution to this, we just need to fast forward through time."

"How do we know how many turns though?" asked Harry, "Where is the Time Turner anyways?"

"You lost it!?!" Ron asked, aghast.

They were on the verge of arguing again when Hermione shouted.

"Look! It's right there!" she cried.

And so it was, the Time Turner lay nestled in the grass the sunlight glinting off the gold metal. Just then a raven swooped down and picked it up before flying back. A lion, skidded to a halt where the Time Turner had been and a snake arrived seconds later. Finally, a badger poked it's head through the turf.

"I got it! I got it! I got it!" cried a witch from the other end of the field, "You owe me 20 galleons!"

"You cheated, you got a head start," roared a wizard, his voice echoing over the where Harry, Ron and Hermione stood.

"Should we go over there?" Ron asked skeptically.

"I suppose we should," said Hermione, "they have the Time Turner."

They crossed the field where a group of witches and wizards were haggling. They seemed to know each other rather well and were very intent in their argument.

"Rowena did grab it," the stout blonde witch was saying.

"Yes, but she got a head start," argued a wizard in red.

"Then you should have called it then, Godric." snapped the dark haired witch who had the raven on her shoulder. It cawed triumphantly.

"Godric, it's not worth it," said a silky voice, belonging to the fourth wizard, a slim man with a sallow complexion, "It's not worth much, the trinket. Besides, what's 20 galleons to you? You won 200 galleons off her yesterday."

"Yes, you're right Salazar," sighed Godric.

"Erm..." Harry nervously cleared his throat. The four witches and wizards turned towards the threesome.

"What have we here?" questioned Helga Hufflepuff.

"CHEATERS!" bellowed Godric, "THEY HELPED YOU, ROWENA!"

"Gryffindor! Get a hold of yourself, chap," said Salazar, "we settled that matter a moment ago."

"Sorry, that wasn't what I meant to yell anyways," Godric explained apologetically. He faced Harry, Ron and Hermione and yelled out, "INTRUDERS! YOU ARE TRYING TO STEAL THE SECRETS OF HOGWARTS, LIKE THE SECRET HIDING AREA BEHIND THE-"

"-perfect," Rowena cut in, "just go off and give them the secrets, why don't you? No one supposed to know about Hogwarts!"

"We know all about Hogwarts," Harry hastened to explain.

"You see Rowena?" Salazar put in, "They already know all about Hogwarts."

"Shall we burn them at the stake?" Helga asked eagerly, rubbing her hands together, "Its apparent their witches."

"Wha-? NO!" Hermione cried, "You're a witch too!"

"GROUP HUDDLE!" roared Godric.

"Stop the roaring please Godric, my ears." Rowena complained.

The four witches and wizards huddled, along with Ron. After a very long discussion involving which flavors of chocolate they enjoyed the most. The group adjurned and turned to Hermione and Harry.

"Right, so down to business," Godric began, "you kids can stay the night with us because me and him," nodding to Ron, "both agree that strawberry chocolate dipped in 7 day old bread pudding is amazing."

"Here..." he continued grandly, "is our castle."

They were all silent for a moment in awe. Harry broke it, the silence, I mean, not the awe.

"That's a shack."

"You do realize that we are getting the chance of a lifetime?" Hermione asked eagerly, "to see Hogwarts in its early stages?"

"Too bad its not in our lifetime," Ron replied, obviously not as impressed.

"It's a shack!" Harry was having some issues getting over the appearance of early Hogwarts. Which was really that bad, it was simply Hagrid's gamekeeper's hut, only shabbier.

"It's a castle," Godric sneered menancingly.

They entered the, erm, "castle (tight fit) and began to have dinner, which wasn't up to the standards of present day food at Hogwarts. Conversation was pretty non-existant as Godric and Ron staged an eating contest. Harry and Salazar egging thier friends on.

"C'mon, shove the whole pie into your mouth, Ron, you can do it..."

"He shoved the pie into his mouth! Just like that! You're still on your warthog!"

"Here, drink this pudding Ron..."

"'War mah choc?"

"Your what? Oh, you chocolate, phew, for a moment there...well, nevermind. Here it is."

"Blast! Godric, he's eating all the chocalate. WITH SEVEN DAY OLD BREAD PUDDING!"

"NO-mfh." Salazar had seized the opportunity of Godric's open mouth to shove more food in. Godric glared at Ron, now it was personal, no more chocolate OR bread pudding. He ate his pie with hearty gusto.

Meanwhile, the witches chose to ignore the rather disgusting contest and talk.

"So," Hermione began brightly. It's always a very bright way to begin a conversation.

"So," Helga nodded eagerly.

"So." Rowena sighed, watching Godric lose terribly at the eating contest.

"So," Hermione said again, "how many students do you have enrolled here at Hogwarts?"

"Zero," Helga answered excitedly, "we were actually hoping you could be the first ones. The redhead suggested it during our huddle."

"Ron?" Hermione asked in disbelief, turning to look at Ron, which was a mistake as he was busily swallowing sausage whole, egged on by both Harry and Salazar. "Ron asked for lessons?"

"Yes, so you get to be the very first students at Hogw-"

BELCH!

"Ron, that was awesome."

"Yes, you ate Godric off the table."

"Hey! Salazar! You're supposed to be on my side!"

"Yes, but you have a terrible appetite."

Godric glared at Ron malevolently. Helga turned to the other founders.

"Guess what? The children have agreed to be our first students!" she told her fellow founders eagerly.

"You mean we actually have to teach?" Salazar asked, taken aback. "I thought we did this for tax reductions!"

"Oh, I'll teach Ron," Godric said evilly, "I'll teach him a lesson he won't forget."

Will Godric get revenge on Ron? How will the very first lessons at Hogwarts go? Read and review please!