Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The Best (And Worst) Times by SingingBird

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ch 3: Conflict Resolved

“Hermione, have you talked to Ron yet?” Ginny asked.

“No,” Hermione replied slowly.

“Why not? You’ve had three days,” Ginny said exasperatedly.

“I don’t know what to say,” Hermione answered looking at the floor.

“Why don’t you tell him what you told me? That way he knows why you ran from him,” Ginny suggested.

“Ginny, do you honestly think its that easy?” Hermione questioned.

“Well, if you honestly love him then you should be able to tell him anything. C’mon, you can tell him as soon as he gets back from Quidditch practice,” Ginny decided.

“Why aren’t you there?” Hermione asked.

“I wanted to make sure you didn’t find a reason to hide from him when he came back. From what I've been hearing, you have been ignoring him. Harry even told me that you’ve made him sit in the middle to avoid talking to Ron,” Ginny replied coolly.

“How do you always know everything?” Hermione pondered.

“I’ve got connections,” Ginny laughed as she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

***********************
“Do you think Ginny really had too much homework to come to practice?” Ron asked Harry.

“Yeah. She loves Quidditch and I doubt she would ever make up an excuse to get out of practice,” Harry responded (he had rehearsed this speech with Ginny earlier as the both assumed he would ask where she was.).

“Do you realize that this is the second practice she’s missed this week? How is she going to play on Saturday if she doesn’t practice?” Ron demanded

“She has her ways. Now stop thinking so much,” Harry said starting to get uneasy that Ron would continue to bombard him with questions that he hadn't yet thought of an answer to.

“Harry! Ron! Over here,” Ginny called as they entered the Common Room.

“Have you fin…”Ron broke off when he saw Hermione sitting next to Ginny.

“I’m going up to bed,” He said after a few seconds of staring at Hermione.

“Ron, wait,” Hermione said standing up.

“Ron, you are going to listen to what she says or else,” Ginny threatened with narrowed eyes.

“Fine, I’ll listen,” Ron eyed Ginny’s wand warily.

“Good. Sit down,” Ginny commanded.

Hermione looked rather put back after that little conversation but started talking anyway. During her speech Harry and Ginny crept away shooing the younger students out of the Common Room to give them some privacy.

“I’m sorry that I ran, Ron,” Hermione finished.

“Hermione, do you realize what I’ve been going through this past couple of days?” Ron asked angrily.

Hermione's eyes filled with tears, “I’m sorry, I was just…”

“No, don’t worry about it. I’m sorry I made you feel even worse about the letter. Maybe I could meet that so called “friend” of yours and introduce her to the Bat Bogey Curse.” Ron interrupted not wanting to make her more upset.

“Oh, Ron,” Hermione laughed as she hugged him, “Would you honestly do that for me?”

“Yeah, I would.” Ron answered.

“Can I ask you a question?” Hermione asked.

“Fire away,” Ron replied.

“If I were to break the pact would you still respect me?” Hermione questioned.

“Well, yeah. That pact is extremely unfair and it hurts one of my friends,” Ron answered smiling at Hermione.

“Do you have any parchment? I’m going to write to Allie and tell her to get a life. Then I’m going to write to Kellie and tell her to break the pact too.” Hermione said.

“Here ya go,” Ron said reaching into his bag that he had left next to the chair earlier.

“Thanks.” Hermione said as she began scribbling down her letter, “How does this sound:
Allie,
I’m breaking the pact once and for all. Your advice was extremely mean and harmful. I thought you were my friend. When I showed your letter to Ron he said that he would like to meet you and teach you a lesson. If you still think he’s going to hurt me then you are crazy. Sorry this letter sounds so mean; I’m writing it the same way you wrote your letter.
Hermione”

“Very good,” Ron said nodding his head, “I must have taught you something if you can write like that. Now what are you going to tell Kellie?”

“I’m just going to tell her not to listen to Allie and to follow her heart.” Hermione replied.

“Can I ask you something?” Ron questioned.

“Sure. What?” Hermione said.

“Will you go out with me?” Ron asked

“Let me send this letter then I’ll give you your answer,” Hermione smiled.

“Can I accompany you to the Owlery?” Ron asked in a fake professional manner.

“Why yes kind sir you may,” Hermione agreed as they set off down the hall.

“May I borrow Pig?” Hermione asked upon their entrance to the Owlery.

“Sure. I’ll get him for you.” Ron said.

“Thanks,” Hermione said as she tied both letters to his leg.

“Er, why are you putting both of those on Pig?” Ron questioned.

“I’m sending them to my parents who will send them to Kellie and Allie.” Hermione replied

“Ah. Gotcha.” Ron said.

“You are so strange sometimes Ron,” Hermione said shaking her head.

“Well, one of us has to be weird and since Harry isn’t here I guess I have to me weirder than usual.” Ron explained.

“Right,” Hermione said rolling her eyes as they watched Pig soar ouit into the moon-lit night.

“I’m glad you’re Head Girl. You want to know why?” Ron suddenly said.

“Why?” Hermione questioned

“We can walk around the school and not get into trouble.” Ron laughed

“Is that the only reason you came with me?” Hermione raised her eyebrows.

“Nope. I wanted to ask you out,” Ron replied.

“You’re so silly, wait, what did you say?” Hermione said.

“I said that I wanted to ask you out,” Ron replied.

“Well are you going to?” Hermione asked.

Ron was stunned for a second before he said, “Hermione, will you go out with me?”

“Of course,” Hermione responded right before she kissed him.




A/N: I know it was short but I decided it was better to stop it here and write a sequel instead of letting it ramble and get out of control. The next story is going to be called The Rest of that Great Year and should be a bit longer than this. Well I hope you enjoyed this and will read the next one!!!!!