Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Secret Admirer by VickNick

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +




The Final One


When Hermione awoke the next morning she soon realized that she was having a terrible head-ache.

"Ugh!" she moaned. She was so tired the night before and now this. "Could this day get any better?" she asked herself.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


As soon as she got dressed she went down to the Great Hall and had some breakfast. She would have normally sat down with Harry and Ron, but she didn't want to talk to Ron. At least not at the moment. She was too sad, hurt, angry and tired. Sad because she hated the thought of Ron going out with another girl. Mad because of the same reason. She was also sick and tired of seeing the same banner every morning. It was getting kind of old and she would have rather taken it down.

"But, my 'Secret Admirer' did have to do a big job putting up there", she reasoned. "Well, I need to go take a nap after I am done with classes."

Just as she had finished her sentence the owls came in from around everywhere. She looked up just in time to see a brown owl drop a package right in front of her plate. She picked it up and read what it said. 'For Hermione-Love Your Secret Admirer.' She smiled and quickly left the Great Hall. She wanted to open it in private.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


When she got to her dorm and checked if anyone else was in sight she ripped the paper from the package. When all the paper had fallen off, she saw that it was a cute teddy bear holding a little, fluffed up pillow with the shape of a heart. It had 'I Love You' written on it in a hot pink colour. She stared at it for a few moments in deep thought about how wonderful this person must be. She couldn't help but think that maybe Ron had sent it. But she quickly dismissed that idea. She had been acting very weird lately. Thinking about Ron and another girl with him, dreaming about him, staring at him from a distance and she had even written 'Ron Weasley' on 5 pieces of paper during class! She soon pushed all those thoughts away as she saw the envelope with the delicate writing on it. As soon as she had opened the envelope two pieces of paper fell out of it.


Of Pearls and Stars



The pearly treasures of the sea,
The lights that spatter heaven above,
More precious than these wonders are
My heart-of-hearts filled with your love.

The ocean's power, the heavenly sights
Cannot outweigh a love filled heart.
And sparkling stars or glowing pearls
Pale as love flashes, beams and darts.

So, little, youthful maiden come
Into my ample, feverish heart
For heaven and earth and sea and sky
Do melt as love has melt my heart.





Hermione giggled a little and then started to read the next piece of paper. She read it over and over again till she could probably say it in her sleep.

‘Dear Hermione,' it read. ‘I wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine’s day! As you can see, the teddy bear and the pillow really do mirror my feelings towards you. The reason I am writing is because it would be an honor for me to have you as my dinner date tonight. I know it’s kind of an awkward invitation. But if you accept, please come to the North Tower at 7:00 p.m.

‘Love, Your Secret Admirer.

‘P.S. I have another present I would like to give you tonight.’



She sighed and got up. She had to go to classes at the moment but once she came back to her dormitory she would take the whole entire time to get ready for tonight. Hermione sensed that today was going to be the longest day of her life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


All during potions Hermione was messing up. She put a wolf’s eye in her Vampire Soup when in truth she had to put frog blood in it. All the students, including Ron and Harry, could tell that she was really out of it.

In Transfiguration class she actually got a detention for being out. When she got it she sighed a sigh of relief because thankfully the detention was going to be for the next day.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


When all the classes were over, Hermione went up to her room to get ready. She had never been so nervous in all her life. As soon as she closed the door she locked it. She knew her roommates wouldn’t be in till later in the day.

Like all girls would have done, the first thing she did was get in the shower. When she got out, she quickly put on just a little bit of make-up. She knew that the natural look would look the best on her. As soon as she was out of the bathroom she went to her trunk and tried to look for something decent to wear.

‘This is going to be harder than I thought,’ she thought to herself.

Hermione quickly put on her new dress robe. She didn’t think that it would look the best for tonight, but it was all she had. She put her shoes on, glanced at the clock one more time, fixed her hair with a simple spell, and put some perfume on.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hermione was climbing the stairs and going through doors to reach the Tower. As soon as she closed the last door to the tower she remembered!

"This is exactly like my dream. I am the girl in the dream," she thought.

She quickly scanned the tower and smiled to herself. The tower had been decorated by ‘someone.' The place was covered with roses, pink and red hearts, and hot pink balloons. She was looking around for her ‘Secret Admirer', but since it was so dark she could hardly see anything. She sighed. Hermione didn’t really know if the sigh was one of relief or one of disappointment. She guessed it was both. She glanced around one more time and finally saw some movement near the table. The only thing that lit the place were a few stars and two candles on the table. Hermione gasped as soon as she saw the movement and closed her eyes. She was really nervous and because of this she started biting her bottom lip really hard. When she finally opened her eyes she finally saw who the person was.

Ronald Weasley.

Hermione laughed. It was one of those nervous and happy laughs.

"You came," he said sheepishly.

“I came, but after all that bagging, it was you after all. Wasn’t it?” she realized that after she had said this that it was obvious that Ron was her Secret Admirer. He was all dressed up and he smelled good too.

“Well,” he started. “I couldn’t let you know that it was me. It would have ruined everything. The surprise, I mean. I-I-well-I mean-Everything could have gone wrong. I mean, you- Listen, Hermione-Well, I-Do you want to sit down and talk?” he was talking way too fast and he was kind of shaking.


“Yeah, that sounds fine. I don’t mind.”

Hermione couldn’t keep the stupid smile off her face. She tried to hide it a little, so it wouldn’t look like she was overdoing it. She sat down on the chair facing the view of the mountain slopes and little brook. Hermione wasn’t really paying any attention to the view; she was preoccupied with the red-headed teenager sitting across from her.

“So, what do you want to talk about, Ron?” Hermione asked a little too sheepishly. It was kind of obvious to her what this conversation was about. She had been sitting there staring at him without noticing and when he started to chuckle a little, she came out of it.


“I wanted to tell you that I love you, Hermione. I don’t remember exactly when I started loving you, but I know that this feeling has been haunting me for a long while. I asked you to come here for a reason. I want to know what you feel towards me, Hermione. I know I could be throwing our whole entire friendship out the window. But I’m taking that risk because I need to know what you feel towards me and I couldn’t keep the feeling in any longer. Hermione I-”

He was stopped short by Hermione’s lips covering his own. Hermione hadn’t realized what she had done until it was too late. But she was glad she did do it. Neither one of them wanted it to end right now. It was a really long kiss. But like all human beings, one had to breathe.

Hermione smiled and said, “You have no idea how long I’ve waited for you to say that. I love you, Ronald Weasley!”

Ron laughed. Then, “Well, you have no idea how hard it was to contain myself from doing what you just did.”

“You could have done it any time. And now, you may feel free to do it at all times.”

They kissed again. After they had stopped kissing Ron said, “Hermione, in my last letter I said I had another gift-”

“Ron, you didn’t have to buy me anything. I don’t need anything from you. Except maybe your kisses, hugs and you telling me everyday that you love me. But that’s it.”

Ron smiled and said, “Well, as long as I can, I’ll try and do what you just said. Because that’s basically what I’ve been hoping to do. But, I did want to give you something. This present is a symbol of my love for you. It signifies that I love you and that nothing and nobody would ever make me not love you. I will love you till the day I die. And nothing will change that. And as corny as it may sound, I mean it. I know it’s typically not normal for a boy like me to be this strange when it comes to feelings, but Ginny helped me some. I knew what I was feeling, but I didn’t know in what words to put them in.”

Ron reached in his pocket and took out a little velvet covered box. “I would ask you to marry me right now. Except for the little details. Like, the fact that we’re both in 7th year. But, I have to satisfy myself with giving you this and making this promise. Hermione Jane Granger, I promise that I will never love anybody as much as I love you. And I promise that I’ll always be true to you, and nothing will come in between you and me. I will protect you, love you, kiss and hug you till the day I die. Will you wear this ring forever?" he stopped so he could open the box up. "Well, until I will be able to ask the big one?” Ron smiled sheepishly.

Hermione was ecstatic by the time he was done. Never in her dreams had she thought that somebody as wonderful as Ron Weasley would love her. She smiled and said, “Of course I will!”

Ron grabbed her hand softly and put the ring on her left hand, on the third finger.

“I love you, Hermione.”

“And I love you, my ‘Secret Admirer’.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



*Poem by Heinrich Heine*


Hey guys! I'm sorry this is a short chapter...but I didn't have Vicky to help me w/some stuff...I haven't heard from her in ages...so, my professional helper isn't here....and I'm sad...But if you DO like my writing and you think that it's still OK w/o Vicky's help, then PLEASE tell me so. And if you do like it, I'm gonna start writing another story...Anyway, I hope you liked it...!!!! Love you guys!!! ~Nicky