Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I'll Hate You Forever (I Think) by kris250

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Frank stared calculatingly at the shelves of mouth-watering candy displayed before him. ‘What should I get? What does she like?’

Normally, he wouldn’t debate over what to buy for such an extended period, but this was ALICE, not someone you could just grab something off the shelves for.

‘What if I get her something she doesn’t like? What if she ends up hating me? What if…? Wow. That’s perfect.’

~

“So then, we sneak into the Slytherin common room, and find the fifth year boys dormitories.” Sirius was telling Alex. “Even though it’s pitch black (the Slytherin dormitories are very unpleasant, I don’t know how anyone could stand living there) we can find Snivellus, because he snores louder than Worm- I mean, Peter, but just to be sure, we check his pillow, and sure enough, it’s COVERED in grease (the slime ball). We plant dung bombs in his robes and give him a personality to match Stephanie Robins’s.”

Stephanie Robins was a fifth year and was one of the co-presidents and founders of the Marauder fan club. Take cheerleaders, combine them with gym teachers, and make them all drink ten cups of coffee, and you’ve Stephanie Robins. Everything is ‘super’ and ‘lovely’ in her world.

“So in Potions, he starts complimenting himself on his ‘super-slick hair’ and his ‘lovely new perfume’.”

Alex cracked up at this horrid mental picture. “I can’t believe I missed that! It must have been one of the times I snuck out to the lake with Amos.” She didn’t seem to notice the vein twitch in Sirius’s neck.

“It’s true then? You really did go out with… Diggory?” He spat out the name like a curse word.

Alex smiled. “Yes, actually, I did. He’s a bloody good kisser. One of the best.”

“ONE of the best?” Sirius asked hopefully.

“You’re right. THE best.” Sirius looked crestfallen at Alex’s statement. “But that might change soon.”

“It might?”

“Yes, I might change my mind.”

“You would?”

“Today, possibly.”

“Today?”

“Right here.”

“Now?”

“Now.”

And there, right in the middle of the street, Sirius and Alex… well, quite a few third graders are still traumatized to this day.

~

“What just happened?” James asked Remus, while the two were seated at the Three Broomsticks. “We were getting along great, and then-”

“-And then you have to go and ruin it all.” Remus cut in.

“What! What did I do?”

“Exactly what Lily hates! Not all girls think you’re high and mighty. Some, like Lily, think you’re no better than the rest of us.”

“I don’t-”

“Yes, you do act like that. You really like Evans, right?”

“Yes.” James said slowly.

“Then you’re going to have to deflate your big head and quit being so conceited. I know there’s a great guy in there somewhere, you just have to let Lily see him.”

James looked like he was in shock for a minute, then said, “I am NOT conceited!”

Remus rubbed his eyes. “This is going to take a while.”