Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I'll Hate You Forever (I Think) by kris250

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Attention! Attention please!” Dumbledore rose from his seat, tapping his wine glass. “Alas, another year at Hogwarts has come and passed. Some of your number are about to venture out into a world beyond our beloved walls… forever. Let us now take the time to congratulate those students.”

The seventh years all stood up amidst applause, cheers, and a few cat-calls provided by Sirius. Lily saw some older students that she recognized. There were Molly Prewett and Arthur Weasley, recently engaged. Anthony Patil, and his girlfriend, Lizzy Fawcett. Amelia Bones, the strict young girl Lily met at a prefect meeting. And with a shudder, Lucius Malfoy, and Narcissa Black.

“Yes, yes, that’s quite enough Mr. Black.” Sirius saluted the headmaster, and Dumbledore jovially returned it. The seventh years retook their seats. “Well, as you do leave these halls, keep in mind that the world is not as safe as it was when you first entered. It has changed, and not for the better. And sooner or later all of you will be faced with the choice between what is good, and what is may tempt you into doing things you don’t want to do. And while I’d like to believe that every one of you will have the willpower to stand up for what is right, I know that some of you will be drawn to the side that offers you what you want the most. But know that all power comes at a cost, and when evil offers you the desires of your heart, you will not get what was promised to you.”

At this statement, several of the students glanced at each other with nervous eyes. However, an even larger portion of the student body were shaking their heads and smirking, mostly at the Slytherin table.

“But let us forget about these dark times, and get on to our feast!”

The golden plates and silver goblets were filled at his words, and everyone dug in. Sirius piled mound upon mound of mashed potatoes onto his plate, and shoveled, no INHALED them into his mouth, causing several first years to gape and stare.

“So, what are you doing over the summer?” Lily asked.

Alex said (between mouthfuls of roast beef), “Well, My parents are going away this summer to Italy, so Sirius invited me over to James’s house.”

Alice looked confused. “Sirius invited you over to James’s house?”

Alex nodded. “Apparently, Sirius spends almost all of the summer at the Potter’s manor. Something about family issues.”

Lily looked over to the Slytherin table. “I can see why, if the rest of his family is like Bellatrix and Narcissa.”

“So what about you two?” Alex asked Alice and Lily.

“Well, my family and I are going vacationing in France.”

“Really? Why?” Lily asked.

“Well, my cousin is getting married, and they always dreamed of having their wedding in Paris. So my parents decided that after the wedding, we’re going to stick around and see the sights for a few months.”

“Well, at least it will be educational,” Lily said. “I always wanted to see all of those old buildings and art museums.”

Alex snorted. “Educational? Lily, you’re hopeless!”

*

In between many mouthfuls of mashed potatoes, Sirius said, “Oy, Prongs, I forgot to tell you. I’m hanging out at your house this summer, as soon as I get home and pack.”

James shrugged. “No problem. After all, it’s only to be expected since you’ve been spending almost every summer at our house since we were in first year. I think my parents would be disappointed if you didn’t show up. You know that.”

Sirius nodded. “Yeah, they probably like me more than you by now, huh.”

James laughed. “You’re probably right, Padfoot.”

“By the way, I kind of… invited Alex over for sometime during the summer.” Sirius’s words came out in a rush.

“Sorry Padfoot, but I didn’t quite catch that. What did you say?”

“I invited Alex over for sometime during the summer.” This time the words were separated, but they came out as barely a whisper.

“One more time? Just speak up a little.”

“I INVITED ALEX OVER FOR SOME OF THE SUMMER, AND YOU BLOODY WELL KNOW WHAT I SAID, JAMES POTTER!”

The Great Hall went silent, some amused, some shocked, and some annoyed, like the Slytherins. Sirius realized that he was now standing up and all attention was faced on him, which normally wasn’t a problem.

“Er... sorry about that, Professor Dumbledore. Go back to eating everyone.”

Dumbledore chuckled. “You heard the boy. Don’t let this delicious food go to waste.”

Almost immediately, noise filled the Hall once again. Sirius sat down, rather red in the face.

James laughed. “Oh, so THAT’S what you said. Anyways, it’s fine with me.”

Sirius piled more mashed potatoes on his plate and muttered under his breath, “Bloody git.”

*

Alice nudged Alex. “You know how many girls are glaring at you right now?”

Alex blushed. “Actually, I don’t think I really want to.”

Lily giggled. “What, are you afraid of the big bad Sirius Black Fan Club?”

Alex jumped up. “The WHAT!”

Lily laughed even harder. “Relax, I was only joking.”

“Actually, there really is such a thing.” Alice cut in.

“Really!”

“Yeah, Stephanie Robins is the president.”

Alex sat down huffily. “I never liked her. Never.”

She was so busy sulking that she didn’t notice Lily and Alice rolling their eyes at each other.