Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I'll Hate You Forever (I Think) by kris250

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“LILY!” A terrified scream came from the fifth year girl’s dormitories.

Lily ran up the stairs and arrived at the door, panting. “What’s WRONG Alex?”

Alex’s sapphire eyes were as round as the dinner plates from last night’s feast. “My SCRAPEBOOK! It’s MISSING! I can’t find it ANYWHERE!” She said, panicked.

Lily sighed. “Did you already pack it?”

Alex pouted. “Do you think I’m that dumb? I would know if I already-”

From behind her, Alice pulled a large blue book out from a bag on the floor. “Hey Alex!” Alex turned around. “Is this it?” she asked.

“Yes!” she squealed. “Where EVER did you find it?”

“In your bag.” Came the simple answer.

“Oh,” Alex said, flustered. “I- I knew that.” She pointedly ignored the sniggers from Lily and turned to her bag.

*

The Hogwarts Express stood majestically on the platform outside the school. Lily stood in between her two best friends and sighed. “I miss school already.”

Alice nudged her. “Come on, it won’t be that bad.” Seeing the look on Lily’s face, she hurriedly added, “I mean, just ignore Petunia.”

Alex nodded. “Yeah, and if you ever want out, just drop me an owl.” She smiled wickedly. “I’m sure James wouldn’t mind giving you a place to stay. But really, we’re always here for you.”

Lily was about to reply when a sickly sweet voice she knew all to well came from behind her. “Yes, comfort the Mudblood, Muggle-lovers.”

The three girls spun around. “And what’s that supposed to mean, Black?” Alex spat out.

Bellatrix ignored her, her gaze fixed on Lily. “You’re finally going back to where you belong, Mudblood. To the Muggle world, where Mommy and Daddy are waiting.”

Seemingly drawn by trouble, Sirius appeared at Alex’s side. “What’s going on here, Black?”

Bellatrix smirked. “Ah, it’s my half-wit cousin. Sticking up for the Mudbloods and Muggle-lovers, are we? You disgust me and dirty the name of Black.”

Sirius seemed unfazed by her sharp words. “Leave, Bellatrix. You’re not wanted here.”

Bellatrix looked around her to see the rest of the Marauders surrounding her. “Very well. You win this round.” She turned around, took a step, and then paused. Looking over her shoulder, she said. “And by the way, Mudblood, do enjoy your summer. It will be the last happy one you ever have.” She grinned wickedly. “If that.” With those parting words, she strode away into the crowd.

*

Shaken, but determined not to show it, Lily stepped on to the bus. “Come on. Don’t let that filth spoil the moment.”

“But Lily-” Alice protested worriedly.

Lily turned around, normally bright eyes dulled. “Just forget about it.”

*

A pair of menacing eyes watched as a pretty redhead boarded the train, followed by her little posse of friends. A dangerous, silky voice murmured so softly that none of the few surrounding students could hear, “One day, Mudblood, your pitiful little protectors won’t be around to save you. One day, you’ll realize you’re all alone. One day. And on that day, I’ll be there waiting for you, and I’ll be ready.”