Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I'll Hate You Forever (I Think) by kris250

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: I know the beginning scene with Lily and her parents may seem a bit mushy, but come on! How do you think they’d feel, after sending their youngest daughter out to an unknown world for nine months?
Lily stepped off the train, following Alex, who was holding hands with Sirius. Alice came off after her. The three girls gathered their luggage (well, two at least. Sirius took the liberty of taking Alex’s) and turned to face each other.

“Well, I guess this is it.” Alice said. She lifted her head, showing eyes bright with tears. “I’ll miss you guys so much!” she burst out. Her two best friends gathered her up into a hug.

“It’s okay,” Lily said. “After all, it’s only for the summer.”

Alex nodded. “Yeah. Try not to miss us too much when you’re with the French.”

“I won’t,” Alice whispered. Detaching herself from her friends, she said, “There’s my parents. I’d better go.” With one last hug and a whispered good-bye, Alice left the group, leaving Lily and Alex alone with Sirius.

“I guess this is good- bye,” Lily said. As one, the two friends moved into a tight embrace. “I’ll miss you.”

“We’ll see each other over the summer.” Alex said.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

They pulled out of the friendly hug.

“What no hug for me?” Sirius asked Lily, pouting.

Lily laughed. “The day I hug you, Black, is a very sad day indeed. Besides, I’m sure Alex wouldn’t object to take my place.”

Alex blushed.

“I’ll just leave the two of you alone,” Lily said with a smile.

*

“Lily! Over here, honey!”

Lily smiled and turned her fiery head towards her mother, Marie Evans. Mrs. Evans was taller than Lily by about two inches. It was easy to see where Lily got her red hair and green eyes from. Spotting the figure standing beside her, Lily rushed into her tall father-John Evans-’s arms.

“I’m so happy to see you guys again!” she yelled, her voice muffled in her father’s shirt.

“Whoa, slow down there, tiger,” her father laughed.

Lily turned. “Mum!”

Trying to contain herself, her mother whispered, “It’s so good to see you, too, Lily dear,” her bright eyes brimming with unshed tears of happiness as she held her beloved daughter tight.

“Let’s go home,” her father said.

“Home,” Lily repeated silently. That word alone held a special meaning to Lily. It meant relief from the pressures of studying for school, a chance to spend time with her family. It meant a time to recuperate after a year with Potter. It meant she had the chance to remember why she hated Petunia so much, but that wasn’t exactly a plus. But with her sister being married soon, that meant that soon Petunia would be out of Lily’s life for as long as both of them could manage, which would make home a safe haven for Lily.