Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

I'll Hate You Forever (I Think) by kris250

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Two boys were lazing about in the luscious Potter gardens. One was sitting down with his back to a giant oak, and the other was attempting to catch a small winged gold ball.

“Okay, lets try this again,” Remus said exasperatedly, rubbing his temples. “For some unknown reason, Lily happens to be sitting next to you during a meal. You…”

“Give her a smile that isn’t cocky, but friendly.” James recited.

Remus nodded. “Good! Please demonstrate.”

James shot him a look. “No offense, mate, but that would be a little creepy, not to mention way wrong.”

“Right, sorry. Forget I said that and move on.”

“I then ask her a casual question, such as ‘How was your summer?’ or ‘Did you try the roast beef yet?’” James went on monotonously. Then, he grinned. “And if she doesn’t get mad at me, I make a move.”

Remus threw his hands up and shouted at the sky, “Why me! Why!”

His eyes wide with bewilderment, James asked, “What? What did I say?”

Frustrated, Remus said, “No moves! None! Ixnay no the ovesmay!”

“What did you say?” James asked, scratching his head.

“It’s Pig Latin!”

“Wicked! I didn’t know you spoke Latin!”

“I DON’T! I mean, we’re getting off the subject. As I was saying, it’s best to not make any passes on any kind on Lily, or at least not until you two are good, solid friends. And I’m telling you mate, we have a long way to go until we get to that point.”

~

Sirius sat in his room, staring at the dirty ceiling in anger. His blood boiled as he thought of what had happened at dinner.

Flashback

“Pass the potatoes.” Regulus said.

Sirius pointedly looked at the bowl of potatoes sitting right in front of his brother.

“Did you not hear your brother?” His father asked. “Pass Regulus the potatoes, whelp.”

“Did you not see the potatoes?” Sirius retorted. “They’re closer to him than they are to me!”

“Do not speak to your father that way!” His mother shrieked.

Sirius rolled his eyes and walked around the table. Stepping in front of his smirking brother, he pushed the potatoes an inch towards him. “There you go!” Sirius said with false cheerfulness. Sitting back down, he resumed picking at his plate.

After a few moments had passed, he finally set his fork down. “I’m planning on visiting the Potters tomorrow, so you can tell the house elves to not set a place for me.”

“Again!” His mother said. “You spend more time there than you do here!”

To himself, Sirius muttered, “I wonder why that could be.” Out loud, he said, “My girlfriend is going to be there tomorrow, so I just-”

“Who?” His father demanded.

“Alex Suerte. She’s-”

“A blood traitor, Mum.” Regulus cut in. “I always see her spending time with Mudbloods and other traitors.”

Mrs. Black frowned. “Is that so? Well, I don’t want you to see her again, if that’s the case. You are permitted to write one letter to her, explaining that you no longer wish to see her.”

“But Mum-” Sirius protested.

“You heard your mother.” Mr. Black sneered. “That’s the end of the discussion.”

Sirius looked at his parents in disgust. Pushing his chair back, he stalked away from his hated family.

End Flashback

Sirius made up his mind. Taking a bag from his closet, he started shoving clothes and his school things into it. “Fine. You want me gone? I’m gone. And don’t ever expect me to ever come back.”

Giving the ceiling one last glare, Sirius jumped out of the window and into the inky night.